Glad you are all enjoying the beta that was illegaly uploade
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#61: Is the AI going to be tweaked in this rerelease Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:07 am
    —
Is the AI going to be tweaked in this rerelease and are issues with Direct3d sorted out? Very Happy

#62:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:33 am
    —
KilovskimkIII wrote:
Is the AI going to be tweaked in this rerelease and are issues with Direct3d sorted out? Very Happy

Direct3D issue can be manually tweaked...or automatically fixed using the CC Starter Util...we don't need a new CC4 remake just for that Wink

#63:  Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:16 pm
    —
I have Vista(poor me) and a 8800gtx running my machine, on my old machine with XP, I could type dxdiag and get the directx diagnostic tool up and manually switch Direct3d off, with the new set up this is not an option, the Direct3d is set and there is no option to switch it off, hence lots of ccstring errors...
any ideas?

#64:  Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:07 pm
    —
Quote:
or automatically fixed using the CC Starter Util..

whats the CC Starter Util...?

#65: Re: Is the AI going to be tweaked in this rerelease Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:02 pm
    —
KilovskimkIII wrote:

From what I gather, the AI isn't going much different, apparently it's nigh impossible to get a computer opponent to the level we want.

#66:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:07 pm
    —
Although we don't need a CC4 remake just to fix direct3d etc... as part of the package it has been fixed and is no longer an issue with a modern PC.

#67:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:57 am
    —
KilovskimkIII wrote:
Quote:
or automatically fixed using the CC Starter Util..

whats the CC Starter Util...?

Go to this thread:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4915

#68:  Author: FMJ PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 am
    —
Sulla wrote:

LMAO, me defensive, about my companies property being stolen and linked to download? Hmm, how dare I! Or any of the people working on the game!

Sulla

LMAO too, no offense meant but...I'm perplexed as to how/why you think a leaked beta is such a tragedy? Since this is a remake of a game, why not release a beta and take feedback on it from players that care?

Secondly, release a damn demo of the game when its finished. Frankly I will not purchase a game (let alone re-make) on the marketing hype puked out by gaming companies. A demo of the final product will tell me more about a game than comments regarding a leaked beta version, or hype of how great a remake is.

Maybe the developers can actually talk about the game to its fan base rather than get their panties in a bunch about a leaky beta.

#69:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:43 am
    —
the leaked beta has done only 1 thing i can see.......
..........delay.......................................................

#70:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 am
    —
I don't wear panties... saves time.

I talk to the fan base every day.... all day.

#71:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:12 pm
    —
FMJ wrote:

LMAO too, no offense meant but...I'm perplexed as to how/why you think a leaked beta is such a tragedy? Since this is a remake of a game, why not release a beta and take feedback on it from players that care?

good point, but that implies professionalism from a game company

FMJ wrote:

Secondly, release a damn demo of the game when its finished. Frankly I will not purchase a game (let alone re-make) on the marketing hype puked out by gaming companies. A demo of the final product will tell me more about a game than comments regarding a leaked beta version, or hype of how great a remake is.

reading this makes me think that the leak may have been intentioned or at least caused by intented negligence.

#72:  Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:40 pm
    —
Polemarchos wrote:

good point, but that implies professionalism from a game company

and of course this observation comes from your extensive professional experience with game companies....

Polemarchos wrote:
reading this makes me think that the leak may have been intentioned or at least caused by intented negligence.

and of course "intentional negligence" is something you would be intimate with...

does "Global Moderator" mean pretentious, pompous and full of crap?

#73:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:48 am
    —
Flamethrower wrote:

and of course this observation comes from your extensive professional experience with game companies....

i collect games... so i've seen some in dealing with customers...

Flamethrower wrote:

and of course "intentional negligence" is something you would be intimate with...

does "Global Moderator" mean pretentious, pompous and full of crap?

Global moderator = obseving posts like this one and taking over education, you seem to have avoided by intentional negligence.

Stop using ad personam argument Flamethrower.

#74:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:58 am
    —
its hard to burn such critism....ouch

#75:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:57 pm
    —
ANZAC_Tack wrote:
its hard to burn such critism....ouch

can you be more precise?

#76:  Author: flick PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:34 pm
    —
What's the point in throwing insults anyway? both parties are convinced they are in the right.

Actually, if name calling was taken out of the internet, the web would collapse over-night. Eek!

#77:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:44 pm
    —
who noticed there beta does not work now? its expired......

#78:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:43 pm
    —
Thankyou God!! Now we could close this thread. Rolling Eyes

/Mats

#79:  Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:40 am
    —
Dima wrote:
I don't want to insult anyone but if those "fired" testers were the same who tested CoI and CCMT than the guy who made a leak did v good job for the CC community and for S3/Matrix Wink.

We agree more and more lately, this troubles me...  Laughing

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total

#80:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 pm
    —
I just want the AI improved to the level where I CAN'T leave the room, make dinner, come back and still not lose any victory locations.

I think it was flamethrower(?) who said you can't expect the AI to be a Rommel..well..I'll just be happy with a Von Paulus.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 5