Thermobaric weapons and CC
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Thermobaric weapons and CC Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:36 pm
    —
So, I'm wondering if there's any way of accurately presenting thermobaric weapons in CC. Any ideas?

#2:  Author: RD_Thomas_RossLocation: Pontiac Illinois PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:05 pm
    —
Very good question....

#3:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 pm
    —
I would start with Blast Radius...and Kill Rating. A large blast radius and relatively small kill rating might be one way of simulating the overrpressure involved with thermobaric weapons. It would definitely surprise someone to see their infantry 50m-100m away from a blast and still have the soldiers killed or incapacitated. Not perfect, but could be acceptable

#4:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:46 pm
    —
I gave mine 50m and KR 34 and BR 30/15/7/3.

Sometimes it works, sometimes fails to kill anyone.

#5:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:01 pm
    —
Therion wrote:
I gave mine 50m and KR 34 and BR 30/15/7/3.

Sometimes it works, sometimes fails to kill anyone.

In some of the reading that I did, that has been one trouble that has plagued thermobaric weapons. Inconsistancy...weather conditions, etc all having an effect

So your results might not be too bad

#6: Re: Thermobaric weapons and CC Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:09 pm
    —
I found this in the moding forum, and it's a very interessant idea , I will implement that kind of weapon in my generic mod.

Did someone already try to do ?

And perhaps, Tactical nuclear units... Rolling Eyes (with XXL large/heavy blast radius and only one unic ammo)

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1