CC5 annoying h2h crash
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC5 annoying h2h crash Author: PopovLocation: Warsaw,Poland PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 pm
    —
I've been experiencing a *very* irritating problem lately. While playing online the game often crashes in the exact moment the battle should end, be it the end of time or enemy annihilation. The host gets a windows message about an"application error" and for the guy who joined the game the screen just freezes. It's terribly off-putting and I'm affraid I'll have to cease playing h2h if I don't find a proper solution to the problem. If anyone know about a way to solve it ,please help.

edit:
ok, i read through the forum and learned that 00:00 crash is a common error. Stil, no one seems to have found a fix for it ?

Last edited by Popov on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:11 am
    —
There is no known cure for this one. But I do have two theories on this one...

1. The hosts data is different than the joiners. Resolution would be to do a complete reinstall from scratch of CC5 and the mod.

2. Windows DirectX versions and/or settings do not match up properly. Resolution would be to ensure you have the latest build from Microsoft.

#3:  Author: MarkM PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:52 am
    —
My comments are aimed at Atomic games re instability, but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Mate, you are playing one of, if not the most unstable RTS game ever designed. Crashes are far too frequent in this game when playing H2H, and restarts are a big pain in the butt.

How they ever managed to stay in business to make number 5 in this series beats me. But in the end their incompetence caught up with them and they went out of business. Hopefully the new redesigned 5 and brand new 6 coming out will be much better.

I feel your frustration too, as its happened to me plenty of times.

Mark

#4:  Author: PopovLocation: Warsaw,Poland PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:26 pm
    —
I'm quite forgiving when it comes to playing games I love, but when it crashed for the fifth time in a row it was far too much for me. blimey, I wish there was some fix. Since no one has a clue what the error is all about, I guess you're right - the only thing to do is to wait for a new release.

#5:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 pm
    —
Popov wrote:
I'm quite forgiving when it comes to playing games I love, but when it crashed for the fifth time in a row it was far too much for me. blimey, I wish there was some fix. Since no one has a clue what the error is all about, I guess you're right - the only thing to do is to wait for a new release.

well, sometimes trucing at 0:10 might safe the day

#6:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:25 pm
    —
any news ont he 0 seconds bug?

I have just started CC5 SDK H2H campaign and we have had 2 crashes already

We both did the DX draw disable in case that was it, but crash occured again after that was done....

#7:  Author: Olle_Hungrig PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:29 pm
    —
i am getting "the memory could not be read"
someone who nows what to do?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1