Battle of Surabaya 1945 Demo released!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Surabaya

#1: Battle of Surabaya 1945 Demo released! Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:35 am
    —
In the spirit of Indonesian Independence Day celebrations in August, we're releasing the demo version of CC5: Battle of Surabaya 1945 mod.

The Battle of Surabaya 1945 demo is based on the CC5 demo. We experimented working on a version of the mod that could work based on the CC5 demo because a lot of Indonesians expressed interest in playing a (war)game based on Battle of Surabaya but the majority of these people are not CC fans and don't have CC5. Releasing a demo version based on the free CC5 demo will give these non-CC-players a chance to try out BoS45 and CC5.

The demo features 3 maps, 6 historical battles and 3 "what if" engagements. 16 Indonesian and British Battlegroups are playable in this demo, including TKR, TKRP, Militia, Indian, Gurkha and Para Battalions.

The demo is packaged with its own Windows Installer Package and doesn't work with the Config Manager. Full installation instructions are included.

(Updated) download links:

1. moddb.com: BoS45DemoInstaller.zip (94.41MB)

2. closecombatonline.com: BoS45DemoInstaller.zip (94.41MB)

3. closecombatseries.net: CC5 BattleofSurabayaDemo.zip (94.41MB)

Enjoy!

Last edited by squadleader_id on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:33 am; edited 3 times in total

#2:  Author: eaglereach PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 am
    —
Great...
Thanks God...
Hope the not demo version will be release soon...
Hehehehehe...

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:36 am
    —
eaglereach wrote:
Great...
Thanks God...
Hope the not demo version will be release soon...
Hehehehehe...

Ahh...finally Mr. eaglereach speaks Wink Very Happy
Wes dicoba download demone, Pak? Piye? Lancar?

#4:  Author: eaglereach PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:59 am
    —
Yes Sir...
Of Course Sir, I can speak. But not in English, hahahaha...
English is very2 difficult... Especially for me, the nationalist man...
Wis dicoba wingi2... Jelas apik wong kene dewe sing nggawe, hahaha...
(Yes, I've already tried the demo mod... And of course it's great, because we, ourselves, that made it, hahahaha)

#5:  Author: 7A_Danielomagno PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 pm
    —
good job!

#6: marvelous work!!!! Author: hwoarang77 PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 am
    —
Wonderful~~!!

especially excellant graphic~!!

i'm looking forward to release full version mod~!!

Cheer up~ Smile

#7:  Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 am
    —
Lovely mod, I especially like the sound when you start the battle.
The Indonesian on the speaker is a wonder full touch! Smile

Also amazed by the Indian weaponary!
American, English, Japanese and German weapons!

Where did they get all the stuff? Smile

#8:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:01 pm
    —
Thanks for the compliments, Guys! Smile

I think we need to write a short designers note...especially on the Indonesian BGs, Teams and Weapons.
Brief answer about Indonesian weapons:
US, Brits, German and some Italian weapons from Dutch KNIL (defeated by the Japanese in 1942), British and Aussie troops also helped the Dutch KNIL...so that explains some of the 'leftover' Brit weapons.
As for Japanese Weapons? Most of the Regular Indonesian Army, Navy and Police units were raised and trained by the Japanese as Indonesian Homeguard Divisions.
Pretty colorful assortment weaponry eh? Wink And we haven't touched on the traditional weapons Smile

#9:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 pm
    —
Damn i hate the taking cover shout of indonesians, it's too long. Great mod otherwise.

#10:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:05 am
    —
Searry wrote:
Damn i hate the taking cover shout of indonesians, it's too long. Great mod otherwise.

I knew you'd hate that, Searry Wink
But those (long) shouts are very 'atmospheric', especially for Indonesians playing the game Very Happy

#11:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 am
    —
Battle of Surabaya demo mod is now available for download at CSO CCV download section.

http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=14&orderby=dateD

#12:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:24 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
Battle of Surabaya demo mod is now available for download at CSO CCV download section.

http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=14&orderby=dateD  

Thanks for the quick add, Schreckie! Wink

#13:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:11 pm
    —
Great mod!

I can't wait to get into some head2head action Smile This looks to be great.

(Speaking of sounds, my only complaint in the Vickers MMG. Sounds like a robot gasping for air Wink)

#14:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:08 pm
    —
Excellent attention to detail. There are many small changes you may not even notice at 1st glance.

#15:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:12 am
    —
Thanks, Pzt_Mac and Mooxe!
There are still some minor glitches that will be fixed in the final release.
As for the 'vintage' Vickers sound...eaglereach insisted on using that Wink

#16:  Author: eaglereach PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:14 am
    —
Hahaha, I got that's vickers sound from 'flyboys' movie. I thinks that sound is more 'real' than others vickers mmg sound, because vickers mmg (water cooler) fire rate not constant but up and down (that what I read in Wikipedia).

#17:  Author: Paker111 PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:50 pm
    —
good work, i'm counting on you Wink

#18:  Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 pm
    —
Fantastic work comrade! Wink
I enjoy fighting on the streets Wink
a greetings

#19:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:48 pm
    —
DAK_Legion wrote:
Fantastic work comrade! Wink
I enjoy fighting on the streets Wink
a greetings

Thanks for the compliments, comrade! Glad you like the demo Smile
Try fighting in the rice fields...your troops' uniforms will get all muddy...but it's fun! Very Happy

#20:  Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:30 pm
    —
Selamat malam!
Great work, squadleader! Very impressive atmosphere and a good idea to release a demo beforehand! One day I need to know how to mod the cc5 demo.

Keep up the good work!

Terimakasih!

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Surabaya

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2