Mulitiplay set up
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

#1: Mulitiplay set up Author: BigSkulk PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:18 pm
    —
I am new to mulitiplay with CC and i was wondering if someone could break this down to me on how I can set up a game between me and a friend. Do I have to go through a site like gamespy or steam (does this mean I have to subscribe in order to play?) or can I just host a game and have him type in my ip address. I am an idiot when it comes down to this so please no big words .

thanks in advance

Ryan

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:00 pm
    —
I would try Gamespy 1st. Its easy just host a game and your friend joins it. He presses ready then you press launch. If that does not work then theres usually firewall issues to deal with. Gamespy is free but you have to endure a few seconds of advertisements.

You can also host a game directly out of the multiplayer tab in CC, either TCP or UDP. Your friend just enters in your IP and searches for games at that address, When they pop up he joins them, very easy.

You shouldnt have much trouble using the multiplayer connection features, but I think you may have firewall troubles, if you do come on back to this thread and we'll try to sort them out.
Doesnt look like Steam allows Close Combat.

#3:  Author: Auser PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:02 am
    —
But for multiplayer, i need patch? I need new file? Or just ok with original normaly CC4 ?

#4: Still not working Author: BigSkulk PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 am
    —
Sorry this took me so long to get back too, My friend and I still cannot get multiplay to work either through gamespy or via our IP addresses, I have tried freeing up my ports but he has to still figure that out, do you think that is the problem?

Thanks
Ryan

#5:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:56 am
    —
It might help to alternate who is the host. Depending on router/firewall configurations sometimes it will work one way and not the other.

Quote:
But for multiplayer, i need patch? I need new file? Or just ok with original normaly CC4 ?

Yes, it is best to have the patch installed; also both players will need to have the patch or you will get an error message saying that the versions are not compatible.

cheers

#6: Re: Still not working Author: Scott_Kevill PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:46 pm
    —
BigSkulk wrote:
Sorry this took me so long to get back too, My friend and I still cannot get multiplay to work either through gamespy or via our IP addresses, I have tried freeing up my ports but he has to still figure that out, do you think that is the problem?

Thanks
Ryan

Ryan, give GameRanger a try. It is designed to solve this kind of problem so you don't have to.

#7:  Author: BigSkulk PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:34 pm
    —
Scott,

Thanks for the advice, game ranger works great!

Ryan

#8:  Author: BigSkulk PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:49 pm
    —
I forgot to ask this, when I was trying to host the game I always got an error message saying that there was a problem with Microsoft Direct Play Helper and the program had to close. This prevented me from hosting any games, but I was able to join a game and play.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks
Ryan

#9:  Author: Scott_Kevill PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:51 pm
    —
BigSkulk wrote:
I forgot to ask this, when I was trying to host the game I always got an error message saying that there was a problem with Microsoft Direct Play Helper and the program had to close. This prevented me from hosting any games, but I was able to join a game and play.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks
Ryan

This is happening to a small number of people, and at this point I have no idea why (and I can't reproduce the problem myself). It only seems to affect some of the older games with those people.

I don't have an explanation or fix yet, but I am looking into it.

#10:  Author: BigSkulk PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:01 pm
    —
Scott,

Let me know if I can provide any information to help fix this problem, it is also kicking me off when I try to play Divided Nations through game ranger

#11: CC4 patch? Author: hundstadt PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:45 am
    —
Hi guys,

where can I download the CC4 patch?
It's not on the downloads link.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1