How to I play online? HELP!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: How to I play online? HELP! Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:30 am
    —
Sorry for two stupid questions in one day but I'm new to all this.
I stumbled across a great guide here explaining how to get started with online games but can't find it again.
Basically, I have tried registering with Gamespy (is Tournament House the same thing?) and Hamachi and Battle HQ. I've had absolutely no luck with any of them - is the problem my Windows XP?
I can register but get no further - me being the only person in the chat rooms or whatever.
Again, apologies if I'm being hilariously dumb, but I'm itching to play REAL people and no more AI!

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:13 am
    —
no need to apologize, everybody has a hard start.

Gamespy:
if you install it, it browses for games you have... if it finds Close Comabt 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 a small icon appear on your left with the game logo. click on it and then wait for the new site. seeing the new site, look for the "main lobby"(center) or "multiplayer"(upper right) button.
after clicking it you will enter a chatroom, we usually there are always some users... open room and wait for oppenent or directly ask ppl to play.

No Tournament House is not gamespy. Tournament House is a all time list one can use to record game performance in H2H over years in comparison to others. (optional)

Hamachi is a tool that creates a VPN tunnel for direct play by generating a virtual network between you and your opponent. You need to create a network and give the info (network name + password) to someone so he can join. If ppl join and are online you start the game and choose multiplayer, enter IP hamachi gives you and connect...

battle HQ --- i know it, but never really used it enough to explain procedure...

pm me your MSN and I can guide you through...

#3:  Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:11 pm
    —
With Hamachi you need to join the following network:
Network name - Close Combat Series
Password - ccs

With gamespy - need more information to help you with that problem.

With Hamachi it's just a case of installing it and then selecting 'join existing network' and entering the above information. If you want some help in real time msg me on hamachi and I'll step you through some things. I'd be happy to help you, with a little assistance you should get up and going quickly.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:05 pm
    —
Stapleton has been playing games via GameSpy the past few days. I think the problem may be solved?

#5:  Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:44 pm
    —
yes it was but now it isn't! Thanks to much kind help from fellows from here I did manage to get everything working.
Now however, I've moved to Germany and I can't play again, I can join games but after the launch the screen just freezes black. Any tips?

#6:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:06 pm
    —
hamachi will save you here Wink

i added you to my msn, we can talk on sunday and i ll guide you through

#7:  Author: Olle_Hungrig PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:58 am
    —
mikwarleo wrote:
With Hamachi you need to join the following network:
Network name - Close Combat Series
Password - ccs

With gamespy - need more information to help you with that problem.

With Hamachi it's just a case of installing it and then selecting 'join existing network' and entering the above information. If you want some help in real time msg me on hamachi and I'll step you through some things. I'd be happy to help you, with a little assistance you should get up and going quickly.

hi i tried this and i got replay

error full

what to do?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1