Is it possible to play online without having a career in IT?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Is it possible to play online without having a career in IT? Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:38 pm
    —
I have been secretly quite proud of the way I have so far, by following the excellent dummy-proof guides on this site, managed to not only install the patch (and sorted out the ensuing 4 hours' problems), then installed the GSJ mod (and sorted out the ensuing 5 hours' hassle). Now, however, I want to play online against all you hardened veterans. But, alas, it seems I have finally met my match - after enormous levels of hassle at gamespy I think I am now registered etc but when I try to launch a game I get the "your internal ISP address is different to your external ISP address". So far I have always managed to follow the guides on here (without having the faintest idea what any of it means) but now I can find no solutions. There's talk of ports and routers and all sort of other arcane magic. Should I give up and carry on massacring the AI or is there a ray of hope still gleaming for me?

Any help received with enormous gratitude.

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:44 pm
    —
Good question. CC came out before routers and firewalls became mainstream so these problems affect everyone that comes by online.

Dont worry about the message "your internal ISP address is different to your external ISP address." Try and join a game, where someone else is hosting and tell us if you made a connection. After that, try and host a game yourself, if you keep getting a black screen that means your firewall is to blame most likely.

#3:  Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:49 pm
    —
Thanks for the tip - I tried what you said and it worked! I have now TWICE enjoyed the very novel experience of playing versus real people (Lazy Pike and Kokusoki) and been thoroughly massacred each time. Great fun though. Thanks!
I think the big change from playing vs AI is the power of concentration of forces. The AI never really launches a massive attack and it scared the pants off my the first time I saw about 50 Wermacht coming down the street towards me. My attempts at defence were pathetic.
Can't wait for more.

#4:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:07 pm
    —
use hamachi! it compensates any problem with gamespy... you can still meet in gamespy, but play over hamachi...

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:30 pm
    —
I had to set up ports and routers for my sons XBOX360... so nothing new there or anything special for the CC series

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1