Close Combat Wacht am Rhein Preview at Wargamer
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#81:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:27 pm
    —
Quote:
A number of people have asked why this change was implemented in the first place

I wasn't involved with the development of CoI apart from Mod Conversion, so I don't know about any design decisions... But I've been playing CC3 since 1999 as my favourite version of the Series and CoI is just better... I've had to adjust my gameplay a little and that mainly is to do with a more aggressive AI but basically it is the same.

Zero developement went into AI adjustments for CCMT .... it is a straight port of CCM and that is designed the way the Marines want it.

CCMT is a retail release of CCM because the "Fans" demanded it ... and we delivered.

Again, as with CoI I have had to adjust my game style slightly... but that mainly revolves around the new features.

1. Bigger Maps
2. Mounting vehicles.
3. Deadlier weaponry of the modern era
4. Multiple airstrikes and support missions
5. etc.

But still , basically, it is the same.

#82:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 pm
    —
^
I like this answer better than your previous ones, Schreckie...thanks!
I guess we'll all have to get used to playing with 'girlie soldiers', eh? Wink

#83:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 am
    —
If the new version has all these new things, it will be fantastic, I can not wait more, I have been waiting some as this for years. Razz I think that this game will be as a very good CC5 on the Ardennes. Of course, taking a a look on info, I´m thinking on a Ardennes mod on this new CC4. I have all the stuff ready for this.Wink

#84:  Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:39 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
^
I guess we'll all have to get used to playing with 'girlie soldiers', eh? Wink

[img]
[/img]

#85:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:21 pm
    —
[quote]I guess we'll all have to get used to playing with 'girlie soldiers', eh?[code]

#86:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:52 am
    —

#87:  Author: Cpt_RioLocation: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:58 am
    —
Pls guys, Do we have a chance for a release till this friday?

Im dying here!!!

#88:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:40 am
    —
One question schrecken, have they added the more of 1vs1 on multiplayer? have it the mount on vehicle option?

Of course the changes that I have read here, they are fantastic.

And yes people wants a better IA, I do not play too vs IA but many people yes.

#89: how can i get this version and when its release? Author: sturmjaeger PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:13 am
    —
ho Very Happy w can i get this version and when its release?

#90:  Author: sturmjaeger PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:26 am
    —
when is release, hope before cristmass!!

#91:  Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:05 pm
    —
check this out!

http://www.wargamer.com/article/2576/close-combat-wacht-am-rhein-graphics-feature

#92:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:12 pm
    —
Very nice vehicle and plane graphics! Thumbs up to the artists!
A lot better than the original CC4 graphics...more in the vein of the awesome graphics in TT's VetBOB.

#93:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 pm
    —
Quote:
more in the vein of the awesome graphics in TT's VetBOB

I'll have to take a look at them one day.

#94:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:36 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:
Quote:
more in the vein of the awesome graphics in TT's VetBOB

I'll have to take a look at them one day.

Really? You haven't played CC4 VeteranBoB 1.13? Strange...
VetBoB is to CC4 probably like RR to CC3.
You should definitely take a look...maybe a long look Smile
The new WAR vehicle graphics are on par with VetBoB...but IMO VetBoB's custom unit/team graphics and customized BG screen is still superior to WAR by far.
The only thing I don't really like about VetBoB is the lethal weapons to make the AI super tougher...making the single player game very-very tough...but somewhat unrealistic.

#95:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:04 pm
    —
New WAR tank/vehicle graphics from the wargamer preview:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3997&fullsize=1

CC4 VeteranBoB 1.13 tank/vehicle graphics:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3998&fullsize=1

#96:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:23 pm
    —
Here's the original CC4 tanks/vehicle graphics for comparison...plain generic looking paint jobs and toy-like models...but notice the animation effects for vehicle tilting (and bobbing when moving) according to terrain and elevation changes...these animation sequence are missing in mods (and looks like they're also missing in WAR...CMIIW) when tanks.azp graphics are rebuilt using modding tools.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3999&fullsize=1

#97:  Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 pm
    —
And looking at the mini-map, it appears maps are much larger than original CCIV.

Lets hope there will be no more "Baugnez's 100 meters duels with 10 tanks" Smile

Schrecken, can you confirm that even the original CCIV map have been enlarged?

Thanks

Last edited by Pzt_Serk on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

#98:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 pm
    —
Started playing vetbob... it had soldiers that wouldn't go in buildings... I put it away.

Quote:
the lethal weapons to make the AI super tougher

and that.

and that the teams walked over the top of the misty maps

Last edited by schrecken on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#99:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:40 pm
    —
The largest map is 2880 x 2880

The smallest is 1680 x 1440

And 62 maps in between, so should cater for all tastes and styles

#100:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:00 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
Started playing vetbob... it had soldiers that wouldn't go in buildings... I put it away.

You prolly got the wrong Vetmod installed (ie: playing as Americans with the German Vetmod adbs). Sure, enemy infantry are coded as vehicles...standard procedure to make them more aggressive in Vetmods.

Infantry coded as vehicles only become a problem in urban maps with large buildings...for Normandy and Ardennes villages and towns...not a problem.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 8