CC6 support units – SUPPLY
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CC6 support units – SUPPLY Author: Joe98 PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:49 am
    —
Given somebody is playing an Operation or a Campaign, supply is important.

For years people have asked that “if there is a break through my BG might bump into an enemy supply column and I can shoot it up!

Supply comes from supply dumps on the edge of the map. My proposal is that a supply dump only pushes supply 2 maps in every direction.

There would be BG’s named “Supply battlegroups”. These BGs also push supply 2 maps in all directions. The player moves then around the strategic map to keep his front line troops in supply.

If the enemy breaks through and destroys the BG, obviously it can no longer provide supply and the front line troops are in trouble!

The movement type for a supply unit would be designated “wheeled”

#2:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:51 am
    —
In this proposal Can the enemy benefit from acquiring the supplies belonging to the supply BG?

Or is this just getting too far down the micro management chain...next stop factories and pregnant mothers rearing the soldiers of tomorrow.

#3:  Author: Joe98 PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:43 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
In this proposal Can the enemy benefit from acquiring the supplies belonging to the supply BG?

Of course. You have his bullets so he cant shoot you.

A proper strategic game needs supply rules or else ylou get "more of the same".

#4:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:36 am
    —
In Atomic's World At War series, destroying a HQ counter/unit could result in supplies being captured. Another positive aspect of the HQ counter/unit was that subordinate units would have supply diminish with distance from their HQ.

Might be a bit too detailed for CC but worth discussing....

#5:  Author: Astonvallio PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:31 am
    —
Maybe if you are out of supply (no fuel) it would be nice to be unable to use any tanks or any vehicle.
Or at least you could be forced to use a 5-10% of the total of your vehicles/tanks displayed on your forcepool, and if you deploy all this 5-10% you can be sure that all of them, will be able to move them in your next battle.

#6:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:08 am
    —
CC3 and COI have vehicles that can get frozen engines and can't move.

CC4?, CC5 and WAR do track fuel and when you are low some of your vehicles will not have fuel when the battle starts.

#7:  Author: Astonvallio PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:40 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote:
CC3 and COI have vehicles that can get frozen engines and can't move.

CC4?, CC5 and WAR do track fuel and when you are low some of your vehicles will not have fuel when the battle starts.

Yes but you can always put how many vehicles you want (in cc5) in your battle even if they are tracked; and it would be nice that did not occur.

example for cc5: (out of fuel)

i have 10 tanks in my forcepool
i want to deploly all of them

in the next battle...
8 tanks are immobile
2 can move

my idea for cc6: (out of fuel)

i have 10 tanks in my forcepool
i want to deploy all of them... but i can not do it!

in the next battle...
i can deploy only (about) 10% of all tanks
10% of 10 = 1
so you can not deploy more of 1 tank
but you are sure 100%, that your tank will move!

about cc3 and CoI I don't know so much

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1