CC3 stuck installing fonts
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: CatfishClyde PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:03 pm
    —
Hello,

I recently acquired CC3 and tried installing it on Windows Vista. The installation goes smoothly past the direct X update to the point where it is installing fonts. The program sticks on "Installing Fonts" and won't progress with installation. When I open the task manager there is no indication that it is frozen or not responding, just that it can't install fonts. Anyone else have this problem? It's been installing fonts for almost an hour now!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: MarsolaLocation: Gatineau, québec PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm
    —
Hi,

I bought a used copy of the game online and I get the exact same problem when I try to install it.

Have you found how to solve this issue over the past 2 years Laughing

Does anyone else has an idea of what causes this problem?

Thanks

Philippe

#3: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: vonB PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 pm
    —
Make sure you run the Setup as Administrator, i.e. don't let the Autorun setup start.  Change the properties of the cc3setup.exe on the CD and then run it.  You could also try setting the setup program Compatibility to XP SP2. Although I can't be 100% sure, most of the installation and running problems with CC3 on Vista/Win7 are due to program Compatibility issues and Admin Rights.

I have installed CC3 on both Vista and Win7 and they work, though it can crash when you Quit the program, though no big deal as it doesn't corrupt any files, and Windows traps the crash (gives you a bit of blurb) and then lets you back to the Desktop.

#4: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: MarsolaLocation: Gatineau, québec PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:13 am
    —
I did what you said and it worked!!! I'm so happy right now ;)

Much appreciated!

and thank for the really quick reply!

#5: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: GMAKLocation: Montreal PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 am
    —
Not working on my side.

#6: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:16 pm
    —
Make sure to install the official close combat 3 3.0b patch. It fixes a lot. If patch doesn't open extract files from winzip from the exe to your cc3 folder to overwrite older files.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/deskapps/games/public/cc3/patch/

A. Changes for Version 3.0b
Multiplayer connection stability is greatly improved.
Several crashes that occurred in multiplayer games are fixed.
A bug that caused the game to crash sometimes when viewing the Map in the game shell is fixed.
Bazookas and Panzerschrecks now have slower reload times.
A bug that caused the SAI (strategic artificial intelligence) to purchase twice the correct number of tanks for the current map is fixed.
A player who has more equipment than intended for the current Operation receives 50 points instead of 10 points at the start of the Operation.
The computer is less likely to send armor units to areas containing vehicles destroyed during the current Battle.
Pathfinding is improved to better handle short paths.
When the SAI is on defense, the computer's units will be more likely to remain in place until contact with the enemy is made.
Units given Move and Sneak orders will try to make better use of defensive terrain.
The computer now accepts a truce after 5-15 minutes if there is no combat or if victory locations do not change sides.
Progress meters are added for long data transfers in multiplayer games.
The AB GDs 120mm mortar no longer has two mortar tubes.
Machine guns can now directly target AT (antitank) guns and heavy mortars.
Units do not conserve ammo as quickly any more.
Reload times for AT guns are increased.
Several bugs are fixed that made the computer camp despite having an advantage.
The kill power of units at long and medium range is fixed.
Shells hit parts of the JSII based on the correct probability now.

#7: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm
    —
I also highly recommend realred mod for cc3 found here and cc4 explosions for cc3.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=674

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1924

#8: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 pm
    —
moved

Last edited by vobbnobb on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Author: GMAKLocation: Montreal PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:14 pm
    —
Thanks for the help but I won't botter anyway. Longest day is working and I'm playing this instead.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1