Original CC5 Bloody Omaha, and Gold Sword June all together?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Original CC5 Bloody Omaha, and Gold Sword June all together? Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:03 pm
    —
My understanding of how CC works, how mods are made and pretty much all the technical side of things is zilch. My question is - Could it ever be possible to have all 5 D-Day beaches, using the orignal Utah game and the excellent mods for the other 4 all put into one mammoth game?

Is such a thing totally impractical or could such a dream one day come true?

#2:  Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:28 pm
    —
I find it hard enough to complete one campaign, because they go on for so long.

Three or so, would take years!

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:31 pm
    —
The CC5 Stratmap is limited to just 44 maps...so if you want all 5 Normandy beaches technically it could be done but the mod would only cover the beach maps and the coastal area maps.
With WAR you have 64 maps...so the coastal maps could go deeper.
A WAR mod combining Utah, Omaha and GJS could be one of the first and relatively simple mod to do (since all the data, graphics and maps are already done - from GJS, Utah, Omaha mods).
Note: one thing comes to mind...if WAR can only handle 3 voice/speech files like CC4-CC5...then US and Brits will have to share the same voice cues...unless you switch Germans as Alsteam and Allies as GETeam (then you would loose the 3 ranks variants for the Germans - Heer, FJ, SS...only one type of ranks for Germans...but on the other hands US and Brits will have the option to use different rank graphics also).
Confusing? Wink

#4:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:21 am
    —
We never had this trouble with cannon fodder.

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:37 am
    —
BTW, stapleton_cotton...instead of using the original CC5 for Utah...Dima's Utah Mod is much better and a lot more fun to play.

#6:  Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:33 pm
    —
Thanks for the Dima's Mod tip, I haven't tried that before. Will do now!

You lost me though with the map maximums, (Stratmaps? WAR?). Imagine you are talking to a very stupid child.

#7:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:16 am
    —
WAR = Wacht Am Rhein...featured on the CCS main page (news).

As for Stratmap (Strategic Map), Utah=44 Maps, Omaha=44maps, GJS=44 maps.
The total number of maps that the game can use is limited (CC5=44 maps, WAR=64 maps).
So you can't combine all of Utah+Omaha+GJS (totalling 132 maps)...but you can have 44-64 selected maps compiled from the three sectors (maybe just covering the beaches and coastal area). Still confused? Smile

#8:  Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 am
    —
no, thanks, I got you now. So the Stratmaps are set in stone and can't be added to? What a pity. Still, I'd love to see all the beaches joined up onto one long stretch of coastline. If everyone got ashore except at Omaha it might make for some interesting variations from history.
No idea how it would all work though.

#9:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:04 pm
    —
stapleton_cotton wrote:
I'd love to see all the beaches joined up onto one long stretch of coastline.

Many of us would agree with you.

They still haven't said how many maps the re-released fifth game will have!

Wink

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1