*HELP* Unit names sames and sound as per original
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: *HELP* Unit names sames and sound as per original Author: sharky4u PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:17 pm
    —
Hi,

When ever i install a mod to CC5 the unit names and sounds are always the same as the original. I have reinstalled everything and tried loading GJS and still the names are the same?

I have Vista now, but i was sure on my old pc the names were corrected and the sounds were different.

Am i missing something?

cheers

Sharky

Confused

#2:  Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:18 pm
    —
Maybe you mess up somewhere with the files.
I suggest you to uninstall GJS. Delete the folder CfgV13\System\Packages\GJSv44
dowload the mod and reinstall it; the file should be ok then

#3:  Author: sharky4u PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:22 pm
    —
Thanks for the advice, but it is having none of it. What ever mod i install, the unit names are the same as the original, unit images change but not the names. It is annoying having to guess the unit identity on the deployment map by the picture and having to manauall correct everything.

I am thinking that this is a Vista related issue as it never happened when i had XP. Has anyone else had problems with mods & Vista?

Come on experts....help me with this newfangled technology!

#4:  Author: sharky4u PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:33 pm
    —
OK i have fixed the problem, it was down to windows compatability mode. To fix i set bother the config manager and the exe to run in windows xp sp2 mode and ran the programs as administrator. All names and sounds fixed....excellent!!!

hope this helps anyone esle who has the same problem! Razz

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1