Successor to Close Combat?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:06 am
    —
I've been playing Strategic Command 2 and the various expansions and have been quite happy. It's simple to learn, hard to master, but on a strategic/global scale, although the combat is fairly uncomplicated like Panzer General. The HPS simulations series are quite well done though. You may also find the Steel Panthers series fun. There's a freeware version now available; it's squad/tactical turn-based.

#22:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:12 am
    —
flick wrote:
Haha, that was just an example..I have walk before I run.

I agree, I need to be pointed in the right direction of something more simple, but in the same style.

That's why I suggested JT's Squad Battles. Basically you should look for ASL clones, since CC started out as an ASL PC port...so the ASL style should appeal to CC fans.

Hex Games can be confusing...I've been trying to get into Airborne Assault: Conquest of the Aegean...but got frustrated learning the system and ended up loading CC2: Kreta instead Wink

#23:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:40 am
    —
Armored Brigade is freeware.

#24:  Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm
    —
I don´t like hex, since I was a "tabletopper". I was planing to give Airborne Aussault a try, so what was wrong with that, Squadleader?

diggin

#25:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:54 pm
    —
diggin.robat wrote:
I don´t like hex, since I was a "tabletopper". I was planing to give Airborne Aussault a try, so what was wrong with that, Squadleader?

diggin

Dunno, maybe it's just me...good system (realtime pausible) and no hex maps.
I'm more used to the hex system for TBS and boardgaming.

#26:  Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:02 am
    —
Is it weird that i can't find any demo's for the HPS simulation games?

#27:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:54 am
    —
No. They don't make demo's.

#28:  Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:40 pm
    —
They do have a full game for free download war in russia v.3

The game looks very old, but good quality, sadly there is no manual.

#29:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:59 pm
    —
WaR

The next step

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2