Scroll Speed Suggestions?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Scroll Speed Suggestions? Author: JPWinston PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 am
    —
Hey all,

I've recently reinstalled CC5 in the hopes of taking advantage of some of the mods available... The only problem is, on this computer (XP), my scroll speeds are in hyperdrive... Just floating the mouse to the edge of the screen throws my view to the opposite side of the map.

I have the setting on "Slow" but this just isn't working. It makes things very difficult, and for some engagements, borderline-impossible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for slowing down the scroll speed more, or do I have to wait for Matrix to come out with their new version? (I don't have this problem with Cross of Iron).

Many thanks,

JP

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:32 am
    —
If you have office-class Graphics Card...you might want to try a CPU slowdown utility (search the CSO forum for links).
If you have a gaming-class Graphics Card...then the best solution is getting used to using the keyboard arrow keys to scroll maps. Try loading CC5 using the CC Starter Utility also.

#3:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:49 am
    —
Since the first time ive installed CC in the XP version i have always moved across the battlefield with keyboard arrows.

This is one of the problems with CC on newer systems, this is fixed on the updated versions of CC3 (Cross of Iron) and CC4 (Wacht am Rhein).I wish they had fixed the Ai too... Sad

Mats

#4: scroll speed chao's! Author: nobrot PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:45 pm
    —
hey guy's n gal's

i have had the same problem with the scroll speed, well kinda.
what i get is realy slow play time. for example. you get a airstrike,so you click the icon, the related marker doesnt appear straight away but a few second's later.......a good obvious one is when the aircraft doe's it's strafe, it just jump's realy badly...it does'nt do it smoothly....

doe's anyone know how to fix this ?

i find it realy unfair when company's re-release game's with better compatabiliy or updated fix's and then charge you for it, especialy if youv'e already bought the game in the past.!!!

grrrrr Crying or Very sad

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:03 am
    —
Do a forum search for: "CC Starter Utility".

Download here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=4054

#6:  Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:35 am
    —
I had exactly the same problem as the original poster. I found a solution by luck: when using the mouse I hold the shift key and it somehow slows the scroll down to manageable rates.

#7:  Author: nobrot PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:29 pm
    —
thank's for the cc starter utility idea, but still i get no joy...

any other idea's ???

#8:  Author: nobrot PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 pm
    —
hey hey ive installed the new patch for cc5 and used the cc started utility and am back in the game but still have some of that jerky behaviour!!! i will try that cpu slow down thing if its not to complex thanks again

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1