Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:33 pm
    —
WaR bug and mistake thread…

Please report the WaR bugs and mistakes here…  

Either just a short description what the trubble is, and where it happens.
Please feel free to attach a screenshot.

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:09 pm
    —
M1A1 and a UHaul truck?

Also noticed some roads exit are labelled "from" instead of "to", does this change thier function at all?

#3:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:30 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
M1A1 and a UHaul truck?

???

mooxe wrote:
Also noticed some roads exit are labelled "from" instead of "to", does this change thier function at all?

The 'from' are entry VLs from off map locations. You'll see these on the german start maps, and the southern maps where 3rd Army enters the area, etc

#4:  Author: IronStringbean PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:38 pm
    —
One thing I noticed is that the Axis AI didn't use any of its artillary or mortor assets. I was expecting to get hammered, but no off map fire was used in any battle I played the first turn of the grand campaign. I quickly started a campaign as the Axis just to be sure that they actually had mortor and artillary to assign, and they have 7 of each.

I'm half way through the second turn and I only got hit with an arty strike during one battle (which was pretty impressive). Considering the amount of big guns actually brought up for this operation, its just a little jarring to notice such a glaring lack of use... Shocked

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:51 pm
    —
Still on Day 1 second turn?

or are you on Day 2?

#6:  Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 pm
    —
When playing as Germans, with native language option on, the report for truce offer from US is in english instead of german.

#7:  Author: IronStringbean PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 am
    —
Day 1, turn 2. I've played about 4-5 battles into turn 2, and only 1 artillary strike; no mortor. I've since started an Axis campaign as it's much more challenging.

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:34 am
    —
Unable to set game up for an automatic connection for multiplayer.

#9:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:47 am
    —
You may have to contact Gamespy for that.

#10:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm
    —
I think not. There are registry setting present with CC3/4/5 in reference to Directplay. WaR does not make these entries. I think being able to auto connect is either broken, disabled or removed completely.

#11:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:13 pm
    —
When selecting Serial or Modem from the multiplayer screen, the windows task bar appears and CC locks up.

I tried this on my XP machine and Vista machine.

Is there something blocking me from playing myself on two of my own pcs? I tried all the usual troubleshooting techniques. I figured since I have one serial code maybe its stopping the connection between my two pcs?

#12:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:02 am
    —
I can't access the CCS forums using my regular account Sad
So here's a quickie using a new temporary account.

Anyway...congrats on S3T and Matrix!
I'm impressed with WAR...sure traces of the girlie soldiers AI is still bothering me...but they're not nearly as annoying as "the girls" in CCMT and CoI. The opponent AI for single player games is also surprisingly good...the AI still sux at attacking (aggressive though)...but at least he puts up a good fight on defense...and I like the aggressive counter-attacks to retake VLs while the AI is defending.
More about WAR later...found this "bug" though...I don't how this one slipped past you guys:

SS Panzer crews with Heer ranks (BTW, great job on fixing the rank display bug on the Tactical Map! Now the Tactical Map displays Heer, SS and FJ ranks correctly...awesome!):

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=4054&fullsize=1

A quick look at the adb...oops...txt files...shows that German tank crews (both SS and Heer) are coded wearing German Crew uniforms. BTW, don't forget a tutorial of how the new Uniforms/soldier color codes works...it's been changed from the original format right?

#13:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:44 am
    —
squadleader wrote:
I can't access the CCS forums using my regular account Sad
So here's a quickie using a new temporary account.

Anyway...congrats on S3T and Matrix!
I'm impressed with WAR...sure traces of the girlie soldiers AI is still bothering me...but they're not nearly as annoying as "the girls" in CCMT and CoI. The opponent AI for single player games is also surprisingly good...the AI still sux at attacking (aggressive though)...but at least he puts up a good fight on defense...and I like the aggressive counter-attacks to retake VLs while the AI is defending.
More about WAR later...found this "bug" though...I don't how this one slipped past you guys:

SS Panzer crews with Heer ranks (BTW, great job on fixing the rank display bug on the Tactical Map! Now the Tactical Map displays Heer, SS and FJ ranks correctly...awesome!):

A quick look at the adb...oops...txt files...shows that German tank crews (both SS and Heer) are coded wearing German Crew uniforms. BTW, don't forget a tutorial of how the new Uniforms/soldier color codes works...it's been changed from the original format right?

Andrew found this, but it was late and he can explain more, and he has it fixed for the patch...I think...again, he knows more on that one

#14:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:00 am
    —
yeh, a couple of issues with this

Rank gadgets are now handled by the team style in *teams.txt.

SS rank gadgets will show up if you set the team style to SS. Same with FJ.

There are not enough styles to have separate SS, FJ, and Wermacht vehicle crew styles, so they're all lumped together into 'vehicle crew' and thus show the army ranks.

Solutions are:

1) Live with army ranks.

2) Make SS and FJ vehicle crews have the SS or FJ style setting instead of generic 'vehicle crew'. The dismounted crews will be wearing infantry uniforms instead of panzer black, in this case.

3) create new Nations Called SS and Fj and then they can have their own insignia and uniforms.

#15:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 am
    —
Okay...

What about the old style codes?
14=SS, 15=FJ (German Tank Crew)
10=SS, 11=FJ (German Gun Crews)
Don't they work anymore?

I'm at work so I can't try them out to see if the old style codes work or not.

#16:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:42 am
    —
schrecken wrote:

2) Make SS and FJ vehicle crews have the SS or FJ style setting instead of generic 'vehicle crew'. The dismounted crews will be wearing infantry uniforms instead of panzer black, in this case.

AFAIK late war Waffen-SS tank crews also wore camo...similar to Waffen-SS infantry.
Also Assault Gun crews did not wear panzer black...they wore gray.

#17:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 pm
    —
Noticed that infantry teams set to defend will engage enemy infantry at long range, thereby giving away positions. Just played some games vs Pzt_Serk and my engineer and zook teams opened up with rifle fire at +230m, flamerthrower team also engaged at long range with rifle. This forced me to put everyone on ambush so thier positions would stay hidden.

Also noticed on map Wiltz that small sections of a road were coded as Stone Door. Noticed a tree element labelled "Snowy Conifer Tree 1"... not sure you guys wanted it that way for the tree name.

#18:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:28 pm
    —
I noticed that enemy infantry assult tanks, over grate distance... Brave, but they just get killed and in realety we dont do that...

#19:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 pm
    —
Quote:
I noticed that enemy infantry assult tanks, over grate distance... Brave, but they just get killed and in realety we dont do that...

What does this mean?

they fire their rifles at a tank from 100m?

any further info appreciated

thanks

#20:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 pm
    —
Gun crews also engage infantry with their rifles...thus giving away their positions.

O yeah...more on the rank gadgets...I tried the old values and they don't work Sad
In old CC4-CC5...there were 2 slots for German Vehicle Crews (style 3), and 3 slots for German Gun Crews (style Cool...and these can be set as Heer, SS or FJ depending on the style code variations:
14=SS, 15=FJ (German Tank Crew)
10=SS, 11=FJ (German Gun Crews)
...these are gone in WAR? (see CC5 workbook if you're confused).

And Shreck, your suggestion to create new Nations for SS and FJ so they can have specific insignia and uniforms. Isn't the gadget files still limited to 1 type of rank gadgets for Allies and 3 types for Axis? What about uniforms? You can also add more Nations with more color slots?

#21:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 pm
    —
There can now be up to 8 nations represented at once, and each nation can have 4 rank gadgets each

#22:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 pm
    —
CSO_Linebacker wrote:
There can now be up to 8 nations represented at once, and each nation can have 4 rank gadgets each

Great news! And the gadget files won't crash if you add stuff like additional ranks to it?
I've just extracted and quickly studied the gadget files...
There's now SORANK00_000.tga - SORANK73_009.tga...lots and lots of slots for many many ranks/insignia! Awesome!

Any info on soldier color/uniforms...what's the limit now? And I take it that the snow uniforms slots work now?

At this rate...I just gotta port the CC5 mod projects I'm working on to WAR Wink

#23:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:07 pm
    —
Well. like this: Upper image infantry teams just assult the tanks, and just get slaughterd..
or like thats, loo at the bottom map the poor enemy, which assulted so bravly but so stupid,
ended the game due to morale failior just 1.5 min into the game, I dint make a single move
the AI just moved his men into my tanks and got slaughterd.. :

Hope that explain it, and give my regards to SL he made really grate maps

WaR_AI_0001ccs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  363.79 KB
 Viewed:  9708 Time(s)

WaR_AI_0001ccs.jpg

inf assult tanks.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  346.62 KB
 Viewed:  9708 Time(s)

inf assult tanks.jpg

#24:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:19 pm
    —
Yep! The AI attacking is still pretty stupid and predictable...but I didn't expect much improvement on this...so I'm not really surprised Wink. I still think on defense the AI is now better than the old version though...on some maps.

#25:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:24 pm
    —
That implyes that enemy dont move, and thus have a chance of stay hidden and get maybe some shoots of before get killed. So whats the garate AI in that?? Smile

But to the developing teams, if the defending teams to have a chance shall not the dig in trenshes be all but invincebel, now one see the trenches where the enemy is way before one see the ambushing enemys... Suggestion cant that "new dug trensh" be made almoost totaly invisble/well camoflaged???

ccsWaR_AI_0005ccs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  475.33 KB
 Viewed:  9707 Time(s)

ccsWaR_AI_0005ccs.jpg

#26:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:19 pm
    —
Newly Dug Trenches.

You will only see the trenches when you get LOS.

You would have seen the team if they had not dug the trench.

You can't see the team because they are in the trench.

Quote:
Suggestion cant that "new dug trensh" be made almoost totaly invisble/well camoflaged???

That suggestion has merit, whether it's doable with this code is doubtful.

#27:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:05 am
    —
schrecken wrote:

Quote:
Suggestion cant that "new dug trensh" be made almoost totaly invisble/well camoflaged???

I don't think you need to fiddle with the code.

CMIIW...but aren't "newly dug trench" graphics just TGAs in the Terrain file...same with "weapons pit" and stuff. So it's just a matter of changing those TGA graphics to be less visible (camouflaged) or make them totally invisible (transparent).

WAR_Oct08_0003b.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.79 KB
 Viewed:  9679 Time(s)

WAR_Oct08_0003b.jpg

#28:  Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:11 am
    —
NO I have been able to connect multiplayer, or BHQ, or Spy Game, or IP, with no network connection.

What is the problem?

Another question, do when he gets the patch, you have to change in version number in the game?

#29:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:46 am
    —
H2H direct and on BHQ works fine.

I played Firefox yesterday

have you allow CCE.exe through for firewall(s)

have you forwarded the corretc ports if necessary http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059

Last edited by schrecken on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total

#30:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:47 am
    —
Quote:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059  

the engine will see them no matter what you do with them even 100% transparent... as it doesn't really "See"

#31:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:05 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
Quote:

the engine will see them no matter what you do with them even 100% transparent... as it doesn't really "See"

If they're transparent...they won't show up on the map...but soldiers still receive terrain value modifiers when dug in.
The visible "newly dug trench" graphics looks cool...but then you can "see" and "plot" enemy locations based on where they appear on the map (after getting LOS to them).
To be honest I forgot how CC4-CC5 handled newly dug trench within LOS.

#32:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:19 am
    —
Quote:
To be honest I forgot how CC4-CC5 handled newly dug trench within LOS.

You could see them as soon as you hit Begin.. LOS or not.

#33:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:26 am
    —
Not 100% true but close to it. Some trenches would remain hidden untill LOS. These were usually ones behind houses and such. It was really just a crap shoot if your trnech stayed hidden, and you lost 90% of the time.

#34:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:55 am
    —
AT_Stalky wrote:

Hope that explain it, and give my regards to SL he made really grate maps

Cheers mate but Jim did some too

As regarding the suicidal AI i wonder if the problem relates to the Germans only. Up to turn 9-10 playing as german vs AI Allied and haven't seen anything like that

#35:  Author: Maddog81Location: Arizona, United States PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:54 am
    —
I need help. I cant play the next battle on the grand campaign while playing as the Germans. Sad I had defeated CCB/9th Armored on the Beho map on the previous turn and they disbanded so I thought. I try to view CCB/ 9th Armored but all I get is the ammo and fuel icons. When I hit "next", I still cannot see CCB/ 9th Armored and the "next" icon for battle is not clickable. How can I fix it?

Beho1.jpg
 Description:
I had defeated CCB/9th Armored on the Beho map on the previous turn and they disbanded so I thought.
 Filesize:  145.53 KB
 Viewed:  10217 Time(s)

Beho1.jpg

Beho2.jpg
 Description:
I try to view CCB/ 9th Armored but all I get is the ammo and fuel icons.
 Filesize:  136.43 KB

Beho2.jpg

Beho3.jpg
 Description:
When I hit "next", I still cannot see CCB/ 9th Armored and the "next" icon for battle is not clickable. How can I fix it?
 Filesize:  142.87 KB

Beho3.jpg

#36:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:09 am
    —
squadleader wrote:
schrecken wrote:

Quote:

I don't think you need to fiddle with the code.

CMIIW...but aren't "newly dug trench" graphics just TGAs in the Terrain file...same with "weapons pit" and stuff. So it's just a matter of changing those TGA graphics to be less visible (camouflaged) or make them totally invisible (transparent).

Yes, exact what I mean, just make the grapix for the trench v cammoflied. Now they lit up like "shoot here" ...

Now, Im not a grapix artist, but something in the line with the attached image...
Notice its really easy to cammoflage a winter trench FROM surfice spotting, air recon is harder to cammoflage it from due to shadows.
Anyway see suggestion:

ndtrench.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  148.54 KB
 Viewed:  10092 Time(s)

ndtrench.jpg

#37:  Author: lemon42 PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:49 pm
    —
Sometimes I hate it when this happens. The german tank seems to be stuck as he wants to elaminate the one lonely guy in the house. Unfortunatly my AT gun was able to immobilize him before he managed to destroy it. But this situation gave the german AI now something to think about.
He seem to know that in this situation my small commander tanks are no danger to him, maybe he has heard the 'We can't hurt him. His armor is to thick' they told me when I gave the order to my 2 small tanks to fire on him. I would have thought that he would just turn the turret and elaminate one after the other Very Happy
It's the Losheim map.

notsocleverai.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.75 KB
 Viewed:  10070 Time(s)

notsocleverai.jpg

#38: nitpick: US AB wrong uniform Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:16 pm
    —
Okay...this is kinda nitpicky...US Airborne team graphics are not historically correct. I believe the team graphics are from CC5...in Normandy US Airborne wore Khaki M1942 jacket and trousers...the graphics in CC5 reflected that.
Edit: some might argue that they look more like Pathfinder camo though.

These US AB team graphics are now used in WAR to represent US AB troops...the thing is in the Ardennes campaign US AB wore M1943/M43 jacket and trousers...same as the standard Army uniforms...not Khaki M1942 gear.
So US AB representation in the original CC4 is more historically correct.

Soldier uniforms of US AB without winter camos in the game are also wearing khaki uniforms...need to be fixed.

Again this is nitpicky of me...but historical accuracy is a big part of CC's strength and appeal Smile

Last edited by squadleader_id on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

WAR_Oct08_0005.jpg
 Description:
US AB in CC4, with the historically correct appearance.
 Filesize:  137.6 KB
 Viewed:  10039 Time(s)

WAR_Oct08_0005.jpg

WAR_Oct08_0004.jpg
 Description:
US AB wearing the wrong uniform for Wacht Am Rhein.
 Filesize:  141.8 KB
 Viewed:  10039 Time(s)

WAR_Oct08_0004.jpg

#39:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:35 pm
    —
Lemon42, maybe your light tank is too close???

#40:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:41 pm
    —
Maddog81, can you post a zipped copy your GC here (or even better in the Matrix forum http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=621&p=&tmode=1&smode=1) for the development team as it would help them test to see what may have happened....

#41:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:24 pm
    —
Maddog81

Yes, can you please attach your saved game.

Bit hard to tell what happened from your description so far.

#42:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:50 am
    —
I posted this at Matrix but figured here wouldnt hurt either.

On the strategic screen I notice you can view when the Allied replacements are comming and where but not for the Axis.

Edit:
Also why wasnt the box deployment changed to be more like that of COI?

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

#43:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:50 am
    —
The manual states, "UDP 6073 and the range UDP 2302 - 2400" but nothing about TCP. Either a manual error omitting TCP ports or the game does not use TCP. Could we get a confirmation?

#44:  Author: Maddog81Location: Arizona, United States PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:03 am
    —
Is this what you guys need?

The Grand Campaign.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  The Grand Campaign.zip
 Filesize:  167.04 KB
 Downloaded:  365 Time(s)

#45:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:03 am
    —
The manual is correct

#46:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:05 am
    —
Thanks maddog

We're looking at it.

#47:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:50 pm
    —
So the manual is correct, does this mean a TCP connection is not supported?

#48:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:26 pm
    —
While no ports are mentioned, the manual very clearly talks about TCP connections...so it is supported, and my typical connection. I would say that is an error of ommission

#49:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:39 pm
    —
I've played 99% of my H2H games using the "Internet TCP" connection method in the multiplayer screen.

I have extra ports set up for other versions of Close Combat and MMCCIII

But these work without any problem for me.

#50:  Author: PIATpunk PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:46 pm
    —
yes but what you've set in your router is not the same as what you've posted - ie you've included TCP on your router but omitted that from the faq info posted.

#51:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 pm
    —
Quote:
I have extra ports set up for other versions of Close Combat and MMCCIII

#52:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:14 pm
    —
Based on the Microsoft Help and Support page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240429 on "DirectX: Ports required to play on a network" DirectX 8 or a later version use;

........................................Client........................Host
Initial UDP Connection..........6073 Outbound.........6073 Inbound
Subsequent UDP Inbound....2302-2400................2302-2400
Subsequent UDP Outbound. 2302-2400................2302-2400

#53:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:26 pm
    —
Thank Tejszd

From the manual: Page 62 section 19.3

Close Combat Wacht am Rhein uses the following PORTS
UDP 6073 and the range UDP 2302 - 2400

So I think we have a match.

#54:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:36 pm
    —
Well I just brought this up originally because the manual didnt state you had to open TCP ports.

Last edited by mooxe on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

#55:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:23 pm
    —
Manual page 24, 11.1, a tank that has blown a tread can not Move...

#56:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:08 am
    —
mooxe wrote:
Manual page 24, 11.1, a tank that has blown a tread can not Move...

I guess that some of the Operation Fortitude inflatable tanks must have made it into the forcepool Smile

#57:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 am
    —
What error is "unable to load Z"?

#58:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:19 am
    —
It is an error when CC is trying to open of of the azp files, and cannot, because another program is opening, or trying to open it. This seems to be happening because security and AV software is also opening the azp file in some cases. Norton seems to be the biggest culprit.

#59:  Author: mungoman PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:49 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:

Close Combat Wacht am Rhein uses the following PORTS
UDP 6073 and the range UDP 2302 - 2400

So I think we have a match.

Sorry i'm confused - on the home page of this website it says - and i quote -
For everyone who has acquired Wacht Am Rhein there are new ports you may need to open in your firewall for playing online. Open TCP and UDP ports 6072 and the range of 2303-2400

So this says to me open
TCP
&
UDP
6072, 2303-2400

but you're saying

no TCP
&
UDP 6073, 2302-2400

All i can see is a mismatch in both the protocols used and the specified UDP range and port number (6073 instead of 6072) Question

Can anyone please supply a definitive answer please?

Cheers.

#60:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 pm
    —
What happens on CC WAR when it say "no space on hard disk"? one man told me about it playing the Ardennes Offensive mod. On the past versions from Close Combat it happened when you had not one file from a map.

#61:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:56 pm
    —
What happens on CC WAR when it say "no space on hard disk"? one man told me about it playing the Ardennes Offensive mod. On the past versions from Close Combat it happened when you had not one file from a map.

#62:  Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:53 pm
    —
I havent chance to play H2H so far, so I am wondering if there is still the bug that the host can see where enemy is firing from (fire from the barrel or smoke from the gun, while the units are hidden) and the guest cannot?

#63: cosmetic glitches Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:30 am
    —
Just a recap of sorts...
Some "cosmetic" glitches:
- SS Panzer crews and Assault Gun crews using Heer Ranks (S3T expanded the rank/medals gadgets and uniforms slots...so fixing them is not that hard)
- US AB in the BG screens using AB Icons from CC5. The M42 Khaki uniforms used in Normandy were replaced with M43 Olive Drab uniforms from Market Garden onwards (same uniform as regular Army)...so US AB in WAR is better represented using regular Army Icons. AB soldier uniforms in the game (dark brown?) also needs fixing.
- M1 Carbine missing in the game, only M1A1 Carbine is available...but the weapon icon shows an M1 Carbine Smile
- Assault Gun crews coded wearing Panzer Black instead of Feldgrau.
- There are some coding glitches in the maps (eg: first floor of a church coded as level 4...same level as the bell tower).
- Sound glitch:
Grenades should only have the sound of "pulling the pin" or "throwing sound"...not "grenade explosion sound". In the current sound files...when a grenade is thrown...there's an explosion sound (when the grenade is thrown)...followed by another explosion when the grenade explodes. Same thing for explosives and satchel charges.
Allies request truce is spoken in English when playing as Germans (set to speak German).

Sure...these are minor things (and nitpicky things Wink)...but IMHO these things are important in CC...and these minor details are some of the special things that make the CC game so unique.

#64: Error message: Author: Sfox28 PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:59 am
    —
I would like to know if anybody has had an issue (since there is no tech location yet) with some sort of installation glitch. Installed game with patch from Matrix download...installed...went into the game.....but when I came out I got an error message "Unable to read one or more registry entries please re-install Close Combat". Now, I ignored this message in my old computer ,which blew up on me a couple of days ago, and I think it was partly due to some black screen fade outs when in the game. But I played 5 days into a campaign before I had to get a whole new computer. Now, I installed everything (WAR & it's patch) on my new computer (which is a beautiful new system) and came out and got the above message again when I first came out of the game. I'm a bit worried that this may screw up my system again. Does anybody know about this error message and what might be going on? I'm a bit afraid to get into another campaign, which I have to start all over again...no saves came through when I put much of my old drive's information back on the new system. Don't know why that happened either.

So, if anyone has any information on this I would really like to hear it!

Mahalo gang, Sfox28 Rolling Eyes

#65:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:02 am
    —
Maddog81 wrote:
I need help. I cant play the next battle on the grand campaign while playing as the Germans. Sad I had defeated CCB/9th Armored on the Beho map on the previous turn and they disbanded so I thought. I try to view CCB/ 9th Armored but all I get is the ammo and fuel icons. When I hit "next", I still cannot see CCB/ 9th Armored and the "next" icon for battle is not clickable. How can I fix it?

Has NO one found a solution to this?? I ran into the same problem and posted a thread over at matrixgames, but it seems that no one cares...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1952453

#66:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 am
    —
there have been two reports as yousay.

We have narrowed it down to two likely reasons and are working on addressing the issues.

In the mean time... save your game under a different name and play on.

See if you can disband the BG or battle against it.

#67:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:15 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:

We have narrowed it down to two likely reasons and are working on addressing the issues.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I will run my saved game and see if I can engage that "empty" BG. and report back.

#68:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:20 am
    —
Playing H2H vs Pzt_serk and we had to midgame crashes with the game stalling at around 9 min and 5 min respectively. Battle was fought in Meyerode between two armored BG's. On the third try it finally played all the way through and were about 5 battles beyond the crash. We are on our 27th battle so far. I believe its morning of day 3.

#69:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:09 am
    —
No windows updates or other automated stuff trying to run?

No error messages at all?

#70:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:01 am
    —
sargexmy wrote:
schrecken wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I will run my saved game and see if I can engage that "empty" BG. and report back.

Hi, so I'm back and have gotten a campaign file that proves the error I am talking about.
Just download the file, unzip it and put it in your saved games folder and load up the campaign. Hit "Next" and you will see what I am talking about.

Remember: this is my actual campaign, I just Disbanded all of my battlegroups on the frontlines so there are not contacts with the enemy except with this EMPTY BG.

Enjoy!

campaign error.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  campaign error.zip
 Filesize:  130.72 KB
 Downloaded:  330 Time(s)

#71: Re: Error message: Author: sample PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:29 am
    —
Sfox28 wrote:
"Unable to read one or more registry entries please re-install Close Combat".

So, if anyone has any information on this I would really like to hear it!

Mahalo gang, Sfox28 Rolling Eyes

I've received the same message, but in my case, i've copied the entire WAR folder into another partition (i did it because i wanted to have a vanilla game and another for moding/testing);

my small suggestions (i've only played battles till now):

- the name 'Sherman' for american M4 tanks was not officialy adopted by US Army and were identified something like M4A1E8/M4A1(76)W HVSS, M4A2E8/M4A2(76)W HVSS, M4A3E8/M4A3(76)W HVSS (Easy Eight) to give some examples; in the game we have 'M4A3(75) Sherman' and in some cases the space required exceed the dialog boxes (of course it was easy to edit the .txt files removing the 'Sherman');
- the for Armd Infantry Team - exceed the dialog boxes and i've used Armd Inf Team;

also

- i'm not if this happened in another CC versions or in old CC4 game but during a battle a Stug III was imobilised in a slopped position by artillery fire; an US tank approached from flank to finish it and suddenly the Stug fired a single shot blowing up the unsuspecting american tank: the german gun fired at 90º angle like a turreted vehicle;
- during another battle a Sherman 76 turret remain some 30º from the line of fire - it was only a graphical error; other tanks, including sherman 76 in the same battle didn't have this error;
- american tanks, regardless of the type, during a battle when issued the sneak command to retreat from a position moved on the reverse; in reverse motion a pink dot appear at some distance from the back of the tanks; once they stopped it disappeared - it didn't affect at all the tanks performance or anything else;

so far it is an excellent game and many thanks to all involved in making it

best regards
M.

#72:  Author: robert_pl PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:25 pm
    —
Turret bug:

#73:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
No windows updates or other automated stuff trying to run?

No error messages at all?

No error messages at all. On my side I could not see any other stuff trying to run. I can't speak for Serk. Both games just froze in the middle. On the third try it finally worked and we've played a number of battles after that with no problem.

#74:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 am
    —
robert_pl wrote:
Turret bug:

I think that it happens on all the Close Combat games, probably it is a problem from graphics only.

#75:  Author: 7A_Bjorn PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:36 pm
    —
Three things me and Loki, Prototype_Beta have noticed that seem to be coding/data related in WaR:

1. Infantry and tanks can shoot infantry on the opposite sides of buildings. This seems to be all buildings, not just buildings with a window. Has anyone else seen this LOS bug? I haven't seen it mentioned but I may have missed a post if it was.

2. Arty barrage is very strong against infantry. I have seen one barrage that killed 100% of the men (about 20 men with mostly "green" cover (and this doesn't seem an anomaly, most barrages kill almost all men). Statistically this probably shouldn't happen since even the most powerful arty barrage won't kill every men (unless they had no cover). This includes killing most men in buildings. Seems a lot stronger than on CC5 and CC5 mods and CC4 regular.

Any comments? #1 bugs me more than #2. Do the mortars seem really strong to anyone else?

Bjorn

#76:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:14 pm
    —
Quote:
. Infantry and tanks can shoot infantry on the opposite sides of buildings. This seems to be all buildings, not just buildings with a window. Has anyone else seen this LOS bug? I haven't seen it mentioned but I may have missed a post if it was.

Yes it happens, I think that it can be by one los bug or a bad element on map.

Quote:
2. Arty barrage is very strong against infantry. I have seen one barrage that killed 100% of the men (about 20 men with mostly "green" cover (and this doesn't seem an anomaly, most barrages kill almost all men). Statistically this probably shouldn't happen since even the most powerful arty barrage won't kill every men (unless they had no cover). This includes killing most men in buildings. Seems a lot stronger than on CC5 and CC5 mods and CC4 regular.

Probably running on a forest, when artillery or mortars attack you, you must move your infantry with sneak.

#77:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 pm
    —
OK new Bug dealing with a BG being redirected by Op Grief (I think that's what it was called)

Playing H2H vs Pzt_Serk (We're about 35 battles in)

So I have a mechanized BG that is moving in from the north while I exit existing BG east. My opponent was attempting to move his Infantry BG (non-mechanized) west but got redirected by Op Grief north. Now my Mech BG is faster and should have held his Inf BG on the map but instead they passed each other on the same road swapping maps.

ALSO - we continue to have crashes that occur. We've had around 6-7 crashes so far with our GC. Last one was very frustrating for Pzt_Serk because he had a number of tank/vehicle kills to his credit.

#78:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:24 pm
    —
ok mentioned before... but number 81 in GEVox says " the enemy offers truce" in German, but it seems that the game reads the USVox?? Confused

Mats

#79:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 pm
    —
Sapa wrote:
ok mentioned before... but number 81 in GEVox says " the enemy offers truce" in German, but it seems that the game reads the USVox?? Confused

Mats

I remembered that sometimes on previous cc versions you can hear enemy voices from support, probably it mistake continue on war.

#80:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 pm
    —
Quote:

Just checked H@H and germans get a German Language vox cue when offered a cease fire.

#81:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
Quote:

Just checked H@H and germans get a German Language vox cue when offered a cease fire.

Cease-fire offer (when playing as German set as speaking Native Language) sometimes uses German Vox...sometimes US Vox.
So it is a confirmed bug.

#82:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:22 am
    —
Sapa wrote:

Mats

What version of WAR are you using Mats? What is the exe date?

Also was it H2H or single player?

#83:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:23 am
    —
Tejszd wrote:
Sapa wrote:

Mats

What version of WAR are you using Mats? What is the exe date?

Also was it H2H or single player?

I'll answer for Sapa Wink
Both the original version (ver 4.50.02 with patch) and the beta ver 4.50.05b have this bug.
It's a consistent bug...very noticable...can't miss it.
Sometimes the first truce offer is spoken in German...but most of the time it will be in English...the second truce offer will most likely be in English.

Same bug consistently appears when testing my mod.

I don't think this is a bug carried over from CC5 though...CMIIW.

Last edited by squadleader_id on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#84:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:52 pm
    —
Thankyou! Smile

playing singleplayer and has version 4.50.02

Is there another voicue used in multiplayer???? Rolling Eyes

I havent seen(heard) it in CC5

Mats

#85:  Author: ActionJacksonDX PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:18 pm
    —
did they fix the h2h muzzle flash bug?

#86:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:14 pm
    —
Both sides see the muzzle flash in WaR

#87:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:47 pm
    —
Has anyone seen that soldiers on command "defend" doesent always fire on targets without manual help? Confused

Mats

"Alle unsere tanks sind zerstört, der brennstoff ist, angriffe durch feindliche luft und amerikanischer gepanzerten fortschritte, was tun wir, Herr Oberst?"

#88:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 am
    —
Has anyone noticed:

If i drive a Panther (or another vehicle) along a straight road with forrest on both sides using the command Move it sometimes turns around and move the opposit way into the forrest...if i use Move Fast it will follow the road.

It is real frustrating because if i dont watch it all the time it suddenly has its wheel broken Mad

This is not an improvement of the vehicle pathing...

Mats

#89:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:35 am
    —
Noticed that in WaR you can actually move bailled out vehicle crews?

They has saved me a couple of times taking VL-flags in the heat of battle Wink

Mats

#90:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:42 pm
    —
Sapa wrote:
Noticed that in WaR you can actually move bailled out vehicle crews?

They has saved me a couple of times taking VL-flags in the heat of battle Wink

Mats

Hmm...I haven't noticed that.
You can always give orders to bailed out Vehicle Command Crews though...

#91:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:48 am
    —
I havent seen that either.
Be interesting to know what type of crew that was as I have tried moving them before and they didnt do anything.

#92:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:37 pm
    —
I've only managed to get Command crews to move around the others just defend themselves to the death.

Cheers
Ronson

#93:  Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:21 pm
    —
Rather a suggetsion then a bug:

IMHO when morale is on, and during batlle got broken, the unit should be either retreated or be disbanded (when there is no space for retreat) instead of giving only some land away...

#94:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:15 am
    —
Kojusoki wrote:
Rather a suggetsion then a bug:

IMHO when morale is on, and during batlle got broken, the unit should be either retreated or be disbanded (when there is no space for retreat) instead of giving only some land away...

This can happen. It depends on how many VL are controlled by the side that has their morale break and how many VL's are awarded to the other side for forcing the morale break which can be from 1 to 3.

#95: Strat map too fast. Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:21 am
    —
Is there any way to stop the strat map scrolling so fast? I get really annoyedas im thinking about my moves and then a tiny move of mousew and im lost on map.Very frustrating.

#96:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:14 am
    —
Is that in the strat map or in battle?

There is a scroll speed setting in options but unfortunately it is for both the strat map and in battle map but you can not get the right speed for both.

Having said that I believe at the Matrix forums the developers noted the problem and it could be in the next patch which is expected soon....

Last edited by Tejszd on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total

#97:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 am
    —
Yes

This has been addressed in the upcoming patch.

Strat screen now scrolls slower.

#98:  Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:40 am
    —
cheers mate

#99:  Author: rillepille PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:33 pm
    —
Dont know if its a bug really.. but i find (axis) hmg team (sMG42) acting very iritating, and sadly its a bit too often. I know that they often need good space to function (alot of men, alot of activty, good LOS), but its too often that everyone in team is shooting, EXCEPT the MG42 gunner, and usually its because of the "cant see" in his status bar. Sad
You move the team, and after the team gets in place and the MG42gunner is "setting up", you dont hear the ratatatata, just sporadic rifle shoots. When you check them out, everyone is in the action, except the MGgunner hwo "cant see"

Great game otherwise!

#100:  Author: Eichgebirg PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:59 pm
    —
rillepille wrote:
everyone in team is shooting, EXCEPT the MG42 gunner, and usually its because of the "cant see" in his status bar. Sad
You move the team, and after the team gets in place and the MG42gunner is "setting up", you dont hear the ratatatata, just sporadic rifle shoots. When you check them out, everyone is in the action, except the MGgunner hwo "cant see"

I agree with this, it happens a lot. The priority of any MG team would be to get the MG in firing position, but in the game the MG gunner is just another body.

#101:  Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 pm
    —
lower quantity of the MG crew to 4and it will be fine

#102:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:03 pm
    —
Can someone please confirm if the graphic for the P-38 airplane is correct?
File name in the vehicle graphics.azp is (ap38lightning)
It just looks kinda odd to me compaired to the rest of the images.

Thanks

#103:  Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:51 am
    —
dont you think that in H2H campaigns, having a look into the LAST FOUGHT enemy forcpool is realistic? I mean when fighting AI, you have intel what the enemyforcepool looks like. Now, you should note everything. From other hand, sometimes opponent does not show everything, so... I dont know what is good:)

The thing that ceratinly should be avaible, is looking at YOUR OWN BG - what does it have, not only active roster. This is especially important when making startegic movement...

Also, is there posibility to have more then one BG at the same map? Probably not, but worth asking:) I find it realsitic that sometimes armies were massed at one place...

Also, how about this - if my own BG is moving to a friendly map and enemies also, shouldnt it be realistic that friendly BG arrives much faster then the opponents one (like friendly BG receives i.e. +2 to speed)? So meetining engagments are only when facing neutral map, or there is no difference of speeds (enemy recon vs friendly slow infantry BG. Doesnt matter taht infantry receives +2 speed - even then it will be later then fast recon)

#104:  Author: sample PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:59 am
    —
in every case in which a mortar opened fire on a infantry team, the first round kills the leader, like a sniper rifle

Sad

#105:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:59 am
    —
Just noticed in the Matrix forum that they have provided a list of enhancements and fixes that are in the next patch which should be out very shortly. Here is the link and below that the list; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2036526

Features and Enhancements
o CC4 Classic main screen revised
o Hetzer now has remote mg not coaxial
o SS/and FJ now have their own uniforms and ranks
o Tank crews wear Panzer Black
o Improved bridge crossing
o Corrected spelling for Fuhrer Begleit Brigade
o Revised FP for FBB
o New Grille graphic
o New wrecks
o Weapons file now has M1 and M1A1 carbine for regular inf. and paras
o New 75mm gun so tank guns aren't shared
o Weapons penetration data and vehicle armor revised.
o HE explosive effects revised
o Weapons and vehicle data revised
o Aircraft MG's now have small explosion graphic so you can see where the strafe
o Elements file altered so there is less chance of getting tracked or breaking a wheel. (you will still have to be very lucky if you can drive through a forest unscathed)
o Smoke burn time extended
o Pathfinding over bridges (of all types) improved
o Changed the way BG reinforcements work - Original code = Existing FP was reset to whatever the base FP was for that date in the Fpools file. New method = Team quantity is set to the higher of the base FP or the existing FP. Team types in the base FP but not in the existing FP are also added to the existing FP
o Display frame rate capped to reduce video card load on certain systems.
o AT gun crews now less likely to engage non-vehicle targets when under a DEFEND order.
o Fixed: Halftracks and armored cars were not being used properly by the AI to fill out a BG when primary units were depleted.
o The REINFORCE button on the Battle Group screen is now enabled only if the new FP would give you more units than the current FP
o BGLEADERPIC now shown on the Battle Group screen if you're running the game with the /D option (i.e. CC4 Classic) Showing correctly
o Strategic Screen scroll speed reduced.
o Being able to trace a supply line is now the determining factor for losing units when a BG disbands, not the BG's current level of ammo supply
o BGs that disband while out of supply now lose units from their FP as well as active units. The chance to lose a unit in the FP depends on difficulty setting:
-- Recruit: 0%
-- Green: 5%
-- Line: 10%
-- Veteran: 15%
-- Elite: 20%
If you intentionally disband your own BG (using the 'Disband' button) the chance for losing a FP team is 5% less.
o Force Pools are now initialized as follows: Campaign = full team quantities from the FP file for that date/difficulty. Operation = 2/3 that quantity. Battle = 1/3 that quantity. Previously these were 2/3 for both Camps and Ops and full value for single battles
o Reinforcement button on BG screen now enabled if reinforcements are available to the BG and doing so would add teams to the FP

Fixes
o Map updates/fixes: The following maps have had graphics or data updated
-- Wardin
-- Wiltz
-- Neffe
-- Champlon
-- Martelange
-- Andler
-- 3 Ponts
-- Malmedy (Thanks Pvt_Grunt for your work on this!)
-- Rosieres
-- Bulingen
-- Baraque de Fraiture
o Fixed: Reinforcements now visible during preview even when there is a BG currently on the map where the reinforcements would arrive
o Fixed an issue with disbanded (and thus empty) BGs being left on the strategic map. Existing games with this problem should also play normally now.
o Ground conditions (dry/wet) now shown one the Strategic Screen regardless of current selection (map, BG, etc).
o Fixed the issue with BGs being able to move 'behind' an attacker on the first turn of the game. Now if opposing BGs are on the same map at the very start of the game they will not be able to move out of that map onto an enemy controlled map. This applies to the very first turn of the game only
o Fixed: Multi-player screen dialogs for modem and serial port settings were not displaying properly.
o Fixed: Viewing reinforcements on the Strategic Screen would not show reinforcement battle group if an active battle group was on the arrival map during the actual current turn.
o Fixed overview map red circle location placement in Close Combat IV Classic

AI Enhancements and Fixes
o Fixed: German AI was not allocating heavy artillery support properly.

10/27/2008 – 4.50.2
Fixes
o Fixed Missing Save Game directory in Close Combat Classic
o Fixed a Crash Bug that could happen after a large amount of terrain damage was recorded for a map
o Fixed Map Issue in Close Combat Classic
o Fixed Error with Game Menu not displaying Catalog

#106:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:35 am
    —
Quote:
The thing that ceratinly should be avaible, is looking at YOUR OWN BG - what does it have, not only active roster. This is especially important when making startegic movement...

Not sure I understand you.
Did you mean Force Pool by chance?

#107:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:16 am
    —
When the third Panter got hit there was "watersplash" sound in the game Confused maybe it was full of blood.. Rolling Eyes

Yes im playing the latest patch.

Mats

splash.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  245 KB
 Viewed:  8381 Time(s)

splash.jpg

#108:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:34 am
    —
^^^
Which map is that, Sapa?
Maybe there are ghostly rivers coded into the map...like those ghostly buildings in Stalky found Wink
Either that or the Americans were using water balloon tipped AP shells Very Happy

#109:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:10 pm
    —
What is the mortar firing at?

#110:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:53 pm
    —
The name of the map in question is Leidenborn.
And while there is some water to the North it's so far out there that it will NEVER be a serious part of any battle on this map
Looking at where the Battle is taking place I never come to the conclusion that Mortors are being fired out near the water on this map.
In order to hear a splash sound.

You can make your stand all you want but I know what I see when playing this game.
Codding errors.
Graphic errors
An AI that SUCKS and cant even do the very thing the Germans did 60 years ago which is ATTACK!
And lack of respect for those who purchased and play the game.

Schrecken makes sure he says time and time again that Atomic was never on the side of the modding community and left us with crap in CCV but has he ever once looked at what he's selling now?

I think not.

Thanks for NOTHING.
You guys really piss me off when it comes to discussing WAR as it's always us against YOU.

Rest assured you will never get any more of my money for suuch a low quality piece of crud like I/we got in WAR.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

#111:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:04 pm
    —
Think about this.....
The reason they call this the most moddable version off CC to date is because you have to mod it in order to be able to play it.

#112:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 am
    —
The Germans have already attacked to the north where the river is.

#113: Slush element coding bug Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:46 am
    —
Ahh...Shreckie's usual antics at PR Very Happy
Sapa's an experienced CC player and modder...so I don't think he would have brought up this bug if he knew mortars were hitting water somewhere else on the map Wink

Don't you guys at S3T have some sorts of QC system to check and recheck basic errors? Wink
Okay...after 'investigating' the Leidenborn map "splash sound" bug Sapa ran into...take a look at this:

There are "slush" near those Panthers.
"Slush" element Explode Effect is coded = 2 (splash).
Unless "slush" in CCWAR are meant to represent "very deep muddy snowy moats"...then the explode effect should be = 1 (crater) Wink

#114:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:56 am
    —
Schrecken! Sorry for this, next time i will not post anything... Crying or Very sad I thought you would be happy that people reports strange things in WaR.

i promise you! it will not happen again :stupid

Mats

#115:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:03 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
I think not.

At last, something we agree on

#116:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 am
    —
On the strategic map when grabbing a unit or support, the scroll speed slows down to almost nothing.

#117: elements file temporary fix? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 am
    —
How about a temporary fix for the elements file?
Based from the bug reports...IIRC some of the data anomalies are: Factory Window (block LOS value), Factory Wall (visibility hindrance values), Factory Floor, Slush (Explode Effects)...

#118:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:56 am
    —
Sapa,

It is not your fault that others take every opportunity to take shots at Matrix/S3T. Every game/mod out has some issues so it is not surprising that WAR has some too....

Squadleader_id,

Way to dig into it. I agree with you slush shouldn't make a splash sound and by finding the cause it should make it easy fix....

#119:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:04 am
    —
Quote:
There are "slush" near those Panthers.
"Slush" element Explode Effect is coded = 2 (splash).

Thank you

re: reply to Sapa.

It's called narrowing down the field of investigation.

It wasn't the anti-tank shell hitting the panther that made a splash sound... I asked what was the Mortar firing at... it looks like it was firing at SLUSH!!!!!

#120:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:37 am
    —
Quote:
On the strategic map when grabbing a unit or support, the scroll speed slows down to almost nothing.

This was slowed at community request.

You can use the scroll bars for fast movement or click on the mini map.

When grabbing a unit you won't need to scroll very far ie 1 map only

#121:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
re: reply to Sapa.
It's called narrowing down the field of investigation.

It wasn't the anti-tank shell hitting the panther that made a splash sound... I asked what was the Mortar firing at... it looks like it was firing at SLUSH!!!!!

But you were 'mean' as usual, Shreck Wink
You already sorta accused Sapa of overlooking mortars hitting the river...instead of digging in deeper to check for possible bugs.

Quoted below...

schrecken wrote:
The Germans have already attacked to the north where the river is.

Yeah...I agree...games usually ship with small bugs and errors.
But come on...theses simple overlooked data errors and QC slip-ups are embarrassing, Guys Smile
And the huge overlooked map coding errors thing...that's a scandal!

For the elements file data anomalies...why not quickly re-check the data for errors/bugs and release a temporary/unofficial fix while we wait for those new map txt fixes...before somebody else runs into a bug that may turn up as another simple data/coding error that slipped through the S3T cracks Wink

#122: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 pm
    —
I wasnt sure if this had been reported or not,looking at the roof files on the Krinklet map lower left corner.

I never noticed it before but I just got a new mointor so it could be on my end.
I've been looking at the Matrix forums about screen resolution but I still dont understand how to correct the problem of scalling.
The new monitor is 24" flat panel LCD hooked up with the VGA cord.

thanks

UO0023.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  611.02 KB
 Viewed:  12631 Time(s)

UO0023.jpg

#123: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: Lt_2nd PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:45 pm
    —
H2H At guns
Been playing a couple GCs H2H lately as americans have seen this happen a couple of times. I have set AT guns on Ambush during the deployment stage typ. a min of 140m from the front line.

At the very start of the battle the AT gun will start firing at an enemy tank, one which it has a black targeting light on, giving away its position. Have seen it happen in three seperate instances. This has happened with both the 57mm and 3 inch gun.

Playing people which have a ping between 120-180ms, have played people with higher pings in CC5 and have not seen this before

#124: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm
    —
khm, ok this is not somethin new but nevertheless, i have installed latest patch and still same crap bugs... Confused also, AT guns got too quickly discovered, although they were fixed on ambush, hmhmh

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
its a 1st fl. build
 Filesize:  254.31 KB
 Viewed:  12648 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#125: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: yuma PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 am
    —
I think they are working on a 10th anniversary patch due out in 2018.

#126: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:40 pm
    —
yuma wrote (View Post):
I think they are working on a 10th anniversary patch due out in 2018.

yeah... so called gold edition.. Rolling Eyes

#127: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:39 pm
    —
worth 25 bucks:)

#128: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:52 pm
    —
The "Developers Pack" is due for next release.

Includes a licensed copy of notepad.

#129: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:45 pm
    —
funky_ribar wrote (View Post):
khm, ok this is not somethin new but nevertheless, i have installed latest patch and still same crap bugs... Confused also, AT guns got too quickly discovered, although they were fixed on ambush, hmhmh

I've tried to replicate this three times now and I cannot get LOS through the second building, let alone to the road where your slaughter is.

WaR0001.jpg
 Description:
Has a valid LOS
 Filesize:  152.35 KB
 Viewed:  12572 Time(s)

WaR0001.jpg

WaR0002.jpg
 Description:
LOS blocked
 Filesize:  128.84 KB

WaR0002.jpg

WaR0003.jpg
 Description:
LOS blocked
 Filesize:  153.21 KB

WaR0003.jpg

#130: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 pm
    —
I can't reproduce that either... but looking at the building coding it does look doable.... maybe 1:100 chance?

#131: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:45 pm
    —

I dont think this is an LOS bug. If you look at the enemy team there are some members that look like they would be in LOS, thus you can get a green line to any member of the team. Once they shoot the men they can see, they will lose LOS to the rest of the team thats behind the corner of the 2 story.

#132: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 am
    —
Good point, Mooxe!  The entire team in the Team Monitor reports as on Ambush.  If the team was put on Defend, most would report "Can't see" or "No target".  I have seen that many times in CC3 through TLD where one man in the team can see someone of lesser value than the rest, but no one can draw a bead on the highest value member of the target.  LOS seems to be there, but when you order a shot, they won't fire on the Tail End Charlie if a leader or higher value weapon holder is still out of LOS.  Nature of the game!

#133: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:57 am
    —
yes good point mooxe, but nevertheless, i havent tried, but if i had that team fixed to defend they would probably got discovered, and we all know what that means if an mg42 is in front of you. especially in WAR where the power of that weapon is a little bit too strong. the other thing is too annoying for enjoying this game and thats how AT guns open small arms fire to infantry, although set on defend and enemy infantry sneaking around 150m away. then my precious  Cool  get discovered and in a matter of minute or two got blast away with indirect mortar fire. cmon this game is almost all about defending with AT guns against panzers..

#134: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 pm
    —
And another one, almost captured the last flag, but my guys got stuck and refused to move..sorry to say but its a shame for WAR.. shame on people selling it like this. i rest my case.

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  264.1 KB
 Viewed:  12541 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  265.8 KB
 Viewed:  12541 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

#135: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:45 pm
    —
What do you have your Team info icons set at?

#136: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 pm
    —
And another one, almost captured the last flag, but my guys got stuck and refused to move..sorry to say but its a shame for WAR.. shame on people selling it like this. i rest my case.

Yeah...that "a team ignoring all orders if it is within 30m or less of an enemy team" bug was finally acknowledged in CCTLD and fixed in the beta patches (read more at the Matrix forum).
So hopefully we'll see this fix for CCWAR...in the 2018 Gold Edition Wink

#137: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 pm
    —
Is there an enemy team there?

#138: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:03 am
    —
Oops...dead enemies don't count do they Wink

#139: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 am
    —

Maybe they are pinned, scared, suppressed, etc.

If there was a command team by them they might threaten to kick some ass and the other team might get moving again.... It is easy to take screen shots in any version of CC and question what is happening if you ignore what happened before....

#140: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:11 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Maybe they are pinned, scared, suppressed, etc.

If there was a command team by them they might threaten to kick some ass and the other team might get moving again.... It is easy to take screen shots in any version of CC and question what is happening if you ignore what happened before....

Yes they were under fire, MG42 was across the river, but on the other hand that MG42 was pinned by command sherman tank, and also if you look at the soldier monitor it didn't show any critical state like pinned, scared etc..(you can see the tank in pic i attached).. don't know i sent 3 teams to just run across the bridge which was clear, and just one of them succeeded. that team i sent, went around railway (they were also in an open field) and yet they did it. also i tried to return my tank back across the bridge to my side to capture the flag, but it refused any cooperation it just simply sad no clear path. Rolling Eyes

#141: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:19 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
What do you have your Team info icons set at?

Team info show cover, soldier info none.

#142: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

Yeah...that "a team ignoring all orders if it is within 30m or less of an enemy team" bug was finally acknowledged in CCTLD and fixed in the beta patches (read more at the Matrix forum).
So hopefully we'll see this fix for CCWAR...in the 2018 Gold Edition Wink

Thanks squadleader_id... lets hope for that gold edition at least in 2018  Laughing and for now i have to lock myself in a cellar and play music loud so nobody can hear me cursing  Embarassed

#143: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: BobbyDazzlerLocation: Manchester PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 pm
    —
why did matrix decide to omit the battle group commanding officer portraits shown in the force pool screens from their re releases WAR and LD?

#144: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:42 pm
    —
When looking at the Allied BG for the current CCS Public GC I notice that if I choose to reinforce the BG then hit revert the reinforce button does not come back unless you go all the way back to the Mainscreen and then start over by going back to the current GC.

Is it a bug? I don't know,and I don't know if it's been mentioned before either.

possible reinforce bug.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  possible reinforce bug.zip
 Filesize:  199.01 KB
 Downloaded:  407 Time(s)

#145: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:47 pm
    —
Here's some screen shots to illustrate.

18 ) Do you want to reinforce?

19) Yes

20) Revert back and no more reinforce button,unless you go back to the mainscreen.
I have no idea if it would show up next time around as I did not test it that far.

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.85 KB
 Viewed:  12783 Time(s)

UO0018.jpg

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.12 KB

UO0019.jpg

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.33 KB

UO0020.jpg

#146: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:22 pm
    —
Our current public GC crashes to the desktop when trying to load the Battle at Elsenborn Ridge.
Mooxe believes it's because the deploy is too small cause if you swap out the current BG with a new one it loads fine.

Day 10 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 10 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Filesize:  203.78 KB
 Downloaded:  609 Time(s)

#147: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:30 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Here's some screen shots to illustrate.

18 ) Do you want to reinforce?

19) Yes

20) Revert back and no more reinforce button,unless you go back to the mainscreen.
I have no idea if it would show up next time around as I did not test it that far.

The reinforce button will return the next turn. Either play the battle or back out to main screen and reload the game. Still a bug tho.

#148: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:32 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Our current public GC crashes to the desktop when trying to load the Battle at Elsenborn Ridge.
Mooxe believes it's because the deploy is too small cause if you swap out the current BG with a new one it loads fine.

Yeap swapping it out gives the AI a regular sized attack deploy. Although there are other battles where the AI only has the area of a dime to deploy on and there are no CTDs there.

Also noticed that depleted AI battlegroups do not fill out all 15 slots even though there are enough units to do so. You will notice that in the 2nd battle of the save file Michael posted.

#149: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm
    —
Is that elsenborn BG very depleted?  (known bug)

At what point does it crash?

#150: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:40 pm
    —
Seen that too when the AI for Battle Groups does not fill in all slots.

The reason I heard is that each unit type has a list of substitutions but that list does not include every unit type thus a spot can stay unused even when there are some units left.

Not sure if there a programming reason why the substitution list can not contain all unit types or not.....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#151: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 pm
    —
Apparently it has to read from a list of unit types.

this list has been expanded in s3t test builds also made available to select community members who can verify that it works.

When this will be made public is not known at this stage.

#152: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:58 am
    —
what about the CTD?

#153: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 am
    —
Please give more info.. like I asked 2 posts ago.

Also was it just you or do others get the crash.

Do you have that saved game... please post it here if you do and we can run it through the debugger.

#154: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:47 am
    —
Please give more info.. like I asked 2 posts ago.

Also was it just you or do others get the crash.

Do you have that saved game... please post it here if you do and we can run it through the debugger.

Michael did post the save game.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=49858#49858

We both got the crash.

#155: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:56 am
    —
yep, thanks... got it.

It's been posted to run through the debugger.

#156: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:23 pm
    —
I was thinking for some reason that the last patch addressed the issues with the A.I. not filling out all it's slots?
I seem to recall one's GC would get stuck and not go any further........yes? no?

I also don't understand why the A.I. wouldn't use any of it's Tanks for the next Battle.
Those would have to be on the list of items to use right?

They choose 6 Half-tracks and 5 bazookas and still leave an empty slot.

it's the first Battle up

Last edited by platoon_michael on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.23 KB
 Viewed:  11632 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

A.I. not using Tanks bug.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  A.I. not using Tanks bug.zip
 Filesize:  205.68 KB
 Downloaded:  372 Time(s)

#157: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm
    —
No, it's not fixed in the 07b patch.

What BG are they up against?

#158: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:42 pm
    —
If they are not up against a armour or mech unit, then theres also a problem with the amount of zooks they have chosen. Also no Command Teams chosen, which should be very standard thing to do.

#159: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:35 pm
    —
No, it's not fixed in the 07b patch.

What BG are they up against?

Why can't you just download the file and look?

And why would that even matter?
They have one freaking VL on the map and basically nothing on the strategic map.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.66 KB
 Viewed:  11617 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.3 KB
 Viewed:  11616 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

#160: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 pm
    —
Can someone please explain what happened to the deployment here?
I'm Axis and won the map last turn now I have this at the start of a new Battle with a new Allied Bg entering the map.

UO0009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  404.83 KB
 Viewed:  11593 Time(s)

UO0009.jpg

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  148.74 KB
 Viewed:  11593 Time(s)

UO0010.jpg

#161: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:18 pm
    —
That is the default 1/3 deployment if the Ai can't determine what VL's are under control.

Usually if BTD's have been altered

#162: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:45 pm
    —
Altered how?
it is Firefox's mod but I didn't alter any BTD's.(Not sure if he did)

#163: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 pm
    —
Yes, Schreck's right. I remember The Blood saying that is the default setup, and is usually a result of exit/entry VL issues between the map and the surrounding/connecting maps.

#164: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:44 pm
    —
Looks like Sibret has an allied entry VL (from Arlon -3) that is shouldn't have

#165: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:57 am
    —
1/3 deployment is not a feature...this is an old bug carried over from CC5.
Look here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7145

To quote Mooxe on that thread:
To recreate this bug in original CC5, execute all strat moves and save the game before the 1st battle. Exit, and reload save game, and you will have the 1/3 problem.

#166: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:20 am
    —
I don't see how it can be anything but a bug.
Schrecken pointed out that there is a VL on the map that shouldn't be there.

No reason for me to lose 2/3's of the map once I own it.

Anyways
I hope it gets fixed.

#167: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 am
    —
Quote:
1/3 deployment is not a feature...this is an old bug carried over from CC5.
Look here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7145  

To quote Mooxe on that thread:
To recreate this bug in original CC5, execute all strat moves and save the game before the 1st battle. Exit, and reload save game, and you will have the 1/3 problem.

Just tried that in WaR and I did not get 1/3 deployment

#168: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:21 am
    —
There was another cause of the 1/3 deployment and that is when either side can not get a proper deployment area so the game gives each side 1/3 based on the each sides default direction.

I believe that bug fixed along the way; not sure if that was for WAR or TLD....

#169: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:46 am
    —
I see the Axis Air Support is a use it or lose type deal in WAR.
I saved my Air Support and then on Day 11 Turn 1 poof.it's gone. Sad

#170: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:25 am
    —
Air support in CC4/5 and TLD/WAR is only carried over to turns on the same day.....

#171: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 am
    —
tejszd is correct... Support has never carried over to the following day... it gets re-assigned on a daily basis.

#172: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:25 am
    —
I just posted to 3 threads about patch status for CoI, WAR and TLD.

I'm not expecting miracles, but I continue to shake the tree.

#173: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:36 am
    —
Never hurts to shake the tree.... TLD and WAR both need another good patch....

What needs patching in COI? Not aware of outstanding problems...

#174: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:51 am
    —
CoI has a beta patch available..

patch addressses KV-II not reloading, Fixing LOS line colour through smoke, client muzzle flash now visibility  etc

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2283793

At the very least that needs releasing... and the flipped German vehicles needs addressing.

Last edited by schrecken on Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

#175: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:29 pm
    —
Tree shaken and here's the reply...sort of comical if you think about it.  Laughing

Matrix TLD Forum Thread

#176: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:37 pm
    —
why did you complain when you got an answer to your question?

It quite clearly states there is no information available regarding a release date but work is being carried out on a patch.

#177: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 pm
    —
Wasn't complaining...joke didn't come across in text.

However all my shaking did get this response....

Quote:
Hi guys,

We have a couple of updates coming soon for Wacht am Rhein and The Longest Day. We are also getting very close on the next major release, which should be to CC2 what The Longest Day was to CC5. More details will be coming within a month.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

Matrix Thread

#178: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:07 am
    —
Excellent news.

Within one month there will be news of details on any updates.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1