CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:44 pm
    —
I must say that I´m making one conversion from this old CC4 TT mod. This will use many ofl the graphics from the CC4 and part of the data from War, CC4 Vetbob1.13 and CC5AOVetbob1.13.
About progress, on this moment I´m adding the new fpools and bggroups, all the other base files are completed. I have been testing the mod with all that I have made and it runs very well. Of course this mod will have changes from their originals on CC4 and CC5, on special on fpools. And on a first moment, I will not add the old sounds. I do not like them for headphones, probably I made some new with all them.

It is all by the moment, ah I do not wait be more of one week or two making this.Wink

Last edited by Nomada_Firefox on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 5 times in total

#2:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:05 pm
    —
Firefox,

Have you contacted TT for this? I don't know, but it might be nice of you to do so. You never know he might have plans of his own.

#3:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:49 pm
    —
Yes I have contacted him. And why do you think that I have made more CC4 Veteran conversions on the past? The Ardennes Offensive can have many stuff from him but it is not the same. It is a mod from him and me.

#4:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:18 pm
    —
Does anyone have contact with TT?
Did he buy or know of WAR?
I think the last time I tried to e-mail him it came back.

Hows it going Final_Drive?
Good to see you again.

#5:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:52 pm
    —
Firefox,

Please hold your horses, I appreciate you contacting him. I was just hoping you realise to some extent that TT maybe wants to do something with his own work, should he still be interested. Since you converted so many stuff to CC5, you, above all others, should know how many good and original work by his hand and many of his hours went into vetbob, with the assistence of many others. I haven't contacted TT myself, hoping all is well and believing that he will show up if he is still interested.
Hopefully you will get the weapons' names right: as they didn't show up in CC4's requisition screen when clicking on the weapon icons, TT back then didn't apply exact weapon names in the .adb files, although he cared for the data behind them; this is something I know he was embarassed about when Vetbob was converted to CC5, where weapon names were shown.

Hi PM,
Fine, thanks. This WaR reissue sparked my interest, I did buy it and played two games this far. Have been in the development team for Matrix / Panther Games 'Battles from the Bulge' (mainly Estab, TOE and OOB stuff), though sadly RL meant I haven't been really involved for quite some time now. Release should be coming near now, for those interested in a real time operational level game on the Ardennes Offensive.

I also heard some other good mod makers have plans for WaR.

Last edited by final-drive on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:54 pm
    —
I love CC4 Vetbob1.13 (eventhough the difficulty is a bit overkill).
Looking forward to a CC4 Vetbob1.13 conversion for WAR!
Good luck, Firefox!
I hope you're going to include the Vetbob1.13 team graphics and uniform colors settings.

#7:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:47 pm
    —
I have not horses, only dogs. Wink

Correct me if you want but I´m not making a new Vetbob, I´m making a new Ardennes Offensive and I named it VetBoB on honor to TT, I could take all the credit for me but I never have made it. And I could name it 1.14 but I have not made it.

#8:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:09 am
    —
Nice but...how is it possible in a couple of days to make a working mod for WaR? Confused

You must be a genious!

I agree that you should talk to TT about this. I know that you have used his work before but it wont hurt to ask? Wink

Look at his webpage you could see why he could make the fantastic vehicles for VetBoB Wink
http://www.haugskott.com/wildlife.htm

Mats

#9:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 am
    —
Sapa wrote:
Nice but...how is it possible in a couple of days to make a working mod for WaR? Confused

You must be a genious!
Mats

Thanks, not a genious, the genious was the men who made the workbook and WAR with many files as CC5, the unique big difference is the fpools and only on structure because the data is the same.

Quote:
I agree that you should talk to TT about this. I know that you have used his work before but it wont hurt to ask? Wink

Thanks by continue insulting me, you are continue telling that I have not spoken him.

And the worse, you are thinging that I´m making one CC4 VetBOB and it is a CC WAR - Ardennes Offensive mod, the name vetbob1.13 is only because it has its origin on the vetbob stuff from CC4 but it is not the same. And if TT wake up, he will can make you a new veteran and thanks to me by example, he will have part of data converted.

But I repeat, it will be one Ardennes Offensive.

#10:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:02 pm
    —
I think that it will answer all your questions.
Quote:

Hi Firefox, no problemo - go ahead.

Good to see there are still people playing CC4. Must admit I rarely play CC these days, but once in a while I fire up a game or two.

Greetings,

Trond "TT" Haugskott

About mod I have ended the 100% of the fpool, they have many small changes. First both sides uses reinforce (if I´m not wrong it can be changed on bgroups file). Heavy tanks are not on Germans the first days and American infantry groups from frontier have not tanks, if you want them, you must use the reinforce more ahead on time.
Weapons, on a first moment I thought on use many of the original from Vetbob but I see that it is not good, hand weapons on WAR have a heavy code on game, good it is the think that I think because the values on data are the same. By it game use many values from original WAR. Not happen the same with the data from cannons. It is different because I will use the armor values from Vetbob. About the name of weapons, all them have been changed. Weapon Sounds? I will make probably two files, one with the original WAR sounds + some new and one with Vetbob sounds, I must say that I do not like the vetbob sounds when I play with headphones.
Weapon icons, I use the icons from vetbob, the same for units, there will be two or three new but no more.
Mod will have this battlegroups that you do not see on WAR.
Fuhrer Grenadier Brigade by KG Kullman / 12.SS
KG Sandig / 1st SS by KG Bremer / 12.SS
KG Gutmann / 2nd Panzer by KG Krag / 2.SS
KG von Poschinger / Lehr by KG Telkamp / 9.SS
XXX corps by 327th / 101st Airborne
I added the XXX because there are space for this and I want to try one new thing.
Support, I have not tested the changes by the moment but I have made it low on power. I think that the support is very powerfull on original WAR. Graphics are from Vetbob as all the vehicle graphics, really I have not edited the azp files, they are the same at 100%.

And good I do not know what more tell you but there will be many small changes. I think that working on it 8 hours per day, I will end it on one week. Ah about maps. I would like to try add the original 43 Vetbob maps but I think that it will take me more of one week. If somebody want help me, it would be good, these maps would need new btd files as the btd from originals. I do not know if they can run with the original btd files, I think that it can be possible if the size from maps is the same.

#11:  Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm
    —
Personaly I would stick with the WaR original weapon Icon and tank graphics...they look great. AS of unit Icon, If you could find some WWII pics like in many mods that would be great!!

#12:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:53 pm
    —
Quote:
Personaly I would keep the WaR original weapon Icon and tank graphics...they look great. AS of unit Icon, If you could fine some WWII pics like in many mods that would be great!!

I think that the WAR vehicle graphics are very good but they have not all the units from this mod, the same for the weapons. Unit icons from mod as on Vetbob will be WWII pics.

#13:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:59 pm
    —
"Thanks by continue insulting me, you are continue telling that I have not spoken him. "

Sorry for saying anything..i didnt think this was an insult Sad

Mats

#14:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:15 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:
Personaly I would keep the WaR original weapon Icon and tank graphics...they look great. AS of unit Icon, If you could fine some WWII pics like in many mods that would be great!!

I think that the WAR vehicle graphics are very good but they have not all the units from this mod, the same for the weapons. Unit icons from mod as on Vetbob will be WWII pics.

VetBoB unit icons are color photos of reenactors and miniature models, right?
I think Pzt_Serk meant B&W WW2 photos standard in many mods.

#15:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:02 pm
    —
Quote:

I think that they are color photos and some miniature. The difference from other mods are that these are not black and white image.

#16:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:26 pm
    —
Quote:

Indeed, TT cut up the Tamiya Model catalogue for that. Smile

#17:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:30 pm
    —
Quote:

Good to see there are still people playing CC4. Must admit I rarely play CC these days, but once in a while I fire up a game or two.

Greetings,

Trond "TT" Haugskott

Firefox,
Thanks for sharing that, although it seems TT didn't really grasp the WaR-reissue thing, as he is still speaking of CC4.

#18:  Author: IfniLocation: Madrid - ESPAÑA PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:33 pm
    —
Hi Firefox.

Are you going to use the RWA I made for CC5 Ardennes Offensive vetbob 1.13? It would be cool.

Un saludo

#19:  Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:34 pm
    —
Indeed I meant black and white WWII photos like in gjs-trsm or stalingrad. In vetBoB it is miniature color pictures and no WWII battlefield pictures.

Any Winter picture (like estern front) would do the job IMO. No need for picture from BoB only.

#20:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:54 pm
    —
final-drive wrote:
Quote:

Greetings,

Trond "TT" Haugskott

Firefox,
Thanks for sharing that, although it seems TT didn't really grasp the WaR-reissue thing, as he is still speaking of CC4.

Please stop this crazy info, I told him about WAR and WAR is a CC4. Rolling Eyes

If you are looking how condemned me by something that I have not made, you are making a bad mistake. Mad

Quote:
Are you going to use the RWA I made for CC5 Ardennes Offensive vetbob 1.13? It would be cool.

No, but you can add it next.

#21:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:14 pm
    —
Quote:
Please stop this crazy info, I told him about WAR and WAR is a CC4.

If you are looking how condemned me by something that I have not made, you are making a bad mistake.

Firefox, relax now, you're seeing ghost accusations again. Good luck.

#22:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:00 pm
    —
final-drive wrote:
Quote:
Please stop this crazy info, I told him about WAR and WAR is a CC4.

If you are looking how condemned me by something that I have not made, you are making a bad mistake.

Firefox, relax now, you're seeing ghost accusations again. Good luck.

No, I´m not seeing ghost, you have trying tell us that I had not permission for this mod without a proof. You made a mistake.

#23:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:13 pm
    —
Firefox,
I wanted to stop, but now you go on.
Read again my friend, nowhere I've told that you started a mod without a permission, I even never wrote you'd need one. Mod work is all freeware anyhow. Just wanted to ask whether you might have contacted TT, as I guess he would have appreciated that before you started copying, and I was kind of hoping that he would pick it up again himself. I believed you did ask.
What's the matter with you? One would almost start to think your conscience isn't clear after all. After all these years I would have thought you'd have grown up a little. Apparently not...
Enough energy wasted from my side.

#24:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:33 pm
    —
Quote:
Have you contacted TT for this? I don't know, but it might be nice of you to do so. You never know he might have plans of his own.

You started the first time making this question as if I had not the permission. You as many others should first from to make this questions to have proof.

Quote:
I even never wrote you'd need one. Mod work is all freeware anyhow.

If you think it, you are very wrong. Freeware because we do not sell it, yes it is, but you can not take things from others without permission.

Quote:
What's the matter with you? One would almost start to think your conscience isn't clear after all. After all these years I would have thought you'd have grown up a little. Apparently not...

The true is damaging your head. Your words are telling us that you are continue making mistakes. If you hate me, good for you. Wink

#25:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:10 pm
    —
My apologies for everything.

#26:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:03 pm
    —
Progress: I´m ending the mod, I should end it this week, I must to make only one new sound file and a few small things.

About changes:

-It add a advanced data from CC5 Ardennes Offensive VetBoB, I say a advanced because I have made many changes on fpools, all battlegroups have been better made. I have tried that all have a 20 unit fpool taken all the neccesary teams from the original CC4 VetBoB fpool.

-Weapons, this mod use the type of weapons from the original Vetbob but the data from infantry weapons is from the original WAR, I found it more realistic. The vehicle main weapons are from VetBoB because the vehicle data are from it. On few words, the strength from vehicles is different from the original WAR. But it is different from VetBoB thanks to the workbook formulas, on this version best kill ratings are well made. And there are a few more things better made thanks to it.

-The 95% of the weapon icons are from WAR, they are better, I have added only a few from some weapons.

-All the unit icons are from VetBoB.

-Battlegroup icons, I have added some new icons from some battlegroups that we do not find on WAR but I have not changed many of them because WAR icons are very good.

-Maps, probably working few time on btd and txt the VetBoB maps can be added but if you take a look on WAR maps, they only use the 50% of the original CC4 maps and many of them have changes on graphics and on data. By it I do not go to work nothing on it by the moment, on a future as one addon can be very possible.

-I have not changed more graphics from WAR as on VetBoB because it is a long work and I do not see it neccessary. Of course if anyone want to make it, he cans.

-Vehicles and at guns are from the VetBoB.

-Sounds, I go to add one 50% sounds from VetBoB and 50% sounds from WAR. I do not like all the VetBoB sounds because I think that they are loud sounds for my ears. And I find very good many of the WAR sounds.

-Voice, I do not know if I go to change them.

-Other small changes are weapon names, some unit names and small changes on units, I have deleted all the observer teams and I have added mortars. There are more small changes on mod, as I told you on first lines, the data will have many changes.

Of course, thanks to TT by this heavy work.

#27:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:43 pm
    —
That was fast, Firefox!
Looking forward to try it out!
Did you get the BTDs converted?
What about uniforms? I like VetBoB's uniforms (soldier color).

#28:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:46 pm
    —
squadleader wrote:
That was fast, Firefox!

As WAR is a bit different, I have not thought on this changes. But you can make them if you want.

#29:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:04 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
squadleader wrote:
That was fast, Firefox!

As WAR is a bit different, I have not thought on this changes. But you can make them if you want.

You can use the converter in RtBTool v2.2...it's very easy...Mafi rules! Smile

#30:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:48 pm
    —
I will take a look but CC4 or CC5 uniforms are a bit different because WAR use different style data.

#31:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 pm
    —
Firefox, have you installed the latest RtBTool (v 2.20a1)?
File -> Extract from *.exe

Just use the CC4.exe from VetBoB as input...and you will automatically get a WAR uniforms.txt.

So simple...thanks to Mafi.

#32:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:18 pm
    —
No, by a unknown it does not run on my Q6600, but I will see it later on the old PIV.

#33:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 pm
    —
Thanks to the Mafi work on rtb tool, I have added the uniforms style from the original CC4 VetBoB.

#34:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 pm
    —
I have been working on voice and sound files and I have found one old big error. If you remember VetBoB mod, it loaded many times the same sounds making the game a bit strange. I have found that voice files have many wrong files, they had not data on them and game could not load the voice sound from them, by it game repeated many times the same voice files. Now I have repaired this problem.
And as I told you voice files will have many from VetBoB and many from WAR, the same for sound files. But I´m sure that you will listen the differences from WAR sounds to these VetBoB sounds.

I have not a release date by the moment, but I think that I will end it the weekend, I want test it playing vs IA and next I will release it.

#35:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:25 pm
    —
Good news, I think that I have ended the mod, I only need add one readme file and pack all, next I will upload it on my server, I will tell you when it be release. Have fun. Wink

#36:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 am
    —
I´m uploading now the mod, about 60MB compressed. Thanks to JimRM2 by let me use the uniforms, medals and ranks from British soldiers on his mod Afrika40-41.

#37:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:31 am
    —
Good job, Firefox! Lemme know when the mod's ready for d/l...
BTW, you added Brits Vox also, right?

#38:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:09 am
    —
Mod is ready to download now on www.FirefoxCCMods.com or www.ClanNomada.com

And yes it has the TT VetBoB British vox. Have fun. If you want listen them, only make one battle from day 17 of campaign by example on scenario editor and with the allied 117/30.

#39:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:12 am
    —
Way to go Firefox, the first mod for WAR!!!

#40:  Author: dehm PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:37 am
    —
Descargando. Gracias Firefox.

Un saludo

dehm

#41:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:09 am
    —
Downloaded and installed! Very nice job!
I've always liked the cool VetBoB unit/team graphics and the 'interesting' BGs.

Small bug with the uniforms...effecting the German snow uniforms.
I think you've made a mistake adding the UK uniforms slot in uniforms.txt.
You added both UK normal and UK snow uniforms values at the bottom of the list...they should be added to the list in the corresponding normal and snow slots.
If you're confused...PM me and I'll try to explain...or maybe I'll send you a sample uniforms.txt.

Good job anyways!

#42:  Author: lemon42 PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:25 am
    —
Thanks a lot Firefox !
Downloaded and installed fine. Started it and what I would like is to have seperated savings.
By adding the folder games and the subfolders save and battles it would save in those instead of the CCWaR one.
I'm not sure if it's a problem with the installer or if you hadn't these folders included.

Again thanks a lot !

#43:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 am
    —
Firefox

you need to create

CCWAR-AOVetBoB\games\battles

and

CCWAR-AOVetBoB\games\save

folders

otherwise all the different saved games will get mixed up and cause crashes etc.

any one who has DL'd and installed I would advise creating these ASAP.

#44:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:17 pm
    —
Quote:

Small bug with the uniforms...effecting the German snow uniforms.
I think you've made a mistake adding the UK uniforms slot in uniforms.txt.
You added both UK normal and UK snow uniforms values at the bottom of the list...they should be added to the list in the corresponding normal and snow slots.
If you're confused...PM me and I'll try to explain...or maybe I'll send you a sample uniforms.txt.

Thanks by the info but UK soldier do not use snow cammo on mod.

And if you do not see some german with german snow uniforms, it is because they do not use snow cammo.
Quote:
you need to create

CCWAR-AOVetBoB\games\battles

and

CCWAR-AOVetBoB\games\save

folders

otherwise all the different saved games will get mixed up and cause crashes etc.

Thanks by the info. I will upgrade today it.

#45:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:50 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

Thanks by the info but UK soldier do not use snow cammo on mod.

And if you do not see some german with german snow uniforms, it is because they do not use snow cammo.

Actually, some the German coded using snow camos end up wearing British Uniforms...

Here's your uniforms.txt (with British Uniforms values added at the bottom)

Quote:

# Uniforms.txt handles mapping the soldier nationality, style, and weapons to uniform colors for the
# soldier sprites. There are 8 entries per soldier color set (NOT 9 as per earlier versions).
#
# Each nation (0-7 max) has 4 styles (0-3) and 3 weapon distrinctions (0-2)
# weapon colorations are 'other', LMG/Mortar/MG/SMG, and Flt/AT in that order
#
# Nation 0, Style 0 (US Infantry)
0x000000, 0xf6f9f1, 0xf8f5f0, 0x0000fb, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfefcf6, 0xf8f5f0, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfefdf5, 0xfcfcf5, 0x00fcf9, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
# Nation 0, Style 1 (Green US Infantry)
0x000000, 0xfdfaf4, 0xfefbf5, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf8f5f0, 0xfbfaf4, 0x000500, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf8f5f0, 0xf6faf0, 0xfffdfc, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
# Nation 0, Style 2 (US Airborne)
0x000000, 0xf5f8f1, 0xf8f5f0, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfdfaf6, 0xf9f6f1, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfefcf4, 0xf8f5f0, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
# Nation 0, Style 3 (US Vehicle Crew)
0x000000, 0xfefcf5, 0xf8f5f0, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
# Nation 1, Style 0 (German Infantry)
0x000000, 0x090909, 0xf3f3f3, 0x020202, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf9fcf9, 0xf7f7f7, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfbfaf4, 0xf6f6f6, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x0e090a, 0x0601f9, 0x000000
#
# Nation 1, Style 1 (German FJ)
0x000000, 0xf6f9f3, 0xf1f5f6, 0xfd01ff, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf8f5f0, 0xf3f3f3, 0x000400, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf5f9f5, 0xf5f8f1, 0xfd01ff, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x0601f9, 0x000000
#
# Nation 1, Style 2 (German SS)
0x000000, 0xf7f9f1, 0xf4f4f4, 0x040301, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x01fbf6, 0xf8f8f8, 0x050202, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf7faf5, 0xf0f0f0, 0xffffff, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x0601f9, 0x000000
#
# Nation 1, Style 3 (German vehicle crew)
0x000000, 0xf9fcf9, 0xf6f6f6, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x00fdf6, 0xfafafa, 0x060303, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
#
# ADD nations 2-7 here as necessary
#
# ---- Below is SNOW uniforms - Same order as above ----
0x000000, 0xf9f6f1, 0xf6f3ee, 0x040301, 0x070301, 0x080303, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf6f8f1, 0xf4f6ef, 0xfffefb, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfefcf4, 0xf6f3ee, 0x000200, 0x0c0a04, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0xf6f4f0, 0x060606, 0x0c0d0d, 0x010000, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x060506, 0xf7f4ef, 0x040301, 0x0c0a04, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf6f3ef, 0xf6f3ef, 0x020502, 0x000000, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0xf8f5f0, 0xf8f5f0, 0x020202, 0x000000, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf6f8f1, 0xf7f4ef, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x040404, 0xf8f5f0, 0x040301, 0x030303, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0xfefcf6, 0xf8f5f1, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0x090909, 0xf7f7f7, 0x020202, 0x000000, 0x0e090a, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x00fdf6, 0xf9f9f9, 0x040301, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf6fbf6, 0x070707, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x0a0a0a, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0x060606, 0x060606, 0x000402, 0x060606, 0x060606, 0x040404, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf7f4ee, 0x060606, 0x000401, 0x000000, 0x060606, 0x040404, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x030303, 0xf0f4f5, 0x090909, 0x060606, 0x060606, 0x0a0a0a, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0xfefcf5, 0xf4f4f4, 0x040301, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfffbf6, 0xf9f8f6, 0x070303, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x050505, 0x050505, 0x080808, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0x0a0a0a, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0xf1f1f1, 0xf1f1f1, 0xf9f9f9, 0xfdfdfd, 0x000000, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf1f1f1, 0xf1f1f1, 0xf9f9f9, 0x000000, 0x000000, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
#
#
# Nation 2, Style 0 (UK Infantry)
0x000000, 0xf8f6e9, 0x0300f7, 0x00fef5, 0x0d0b07, 0x0f0c06, 0xf5f2e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x0300f7, 0xf8f6e9, 0x00fef5, 0x0d0b07, 0x0f0c06, 0xfafafa, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x0300f7, 0x0300f7, 0x00fef5, 0x0d0b07, 0x0f0c06, 0xf7f4e9, 0x000000
#
# Nation 2, Style 1 (Green UK Infantry)
0x000000, 0xf9f6ed, 0xf9f6ed, 0x0d0a03, 0x0d0b07, 0x0e0b04, 0xf7f4e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf9f6ed, 0xf9f6ed, 0x0d0a03, 0x0d0b07, 0x0e0b04, 0xf6f6f6, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf9f6ed, 0xf9f6ed, 0x0d0a03, 0x0d0b07, 0x0e0b04, 0x00fbf3, 0x000000
#
# Nation 2, Style 2 (UK Airborne)
0x000000, 0xf3ede4, 0xf3ede4, 0x100d06, 0x0e0c07, 0xffffff, 0xf5f2e7, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf3ede4, 0xf3ede4, 0x100d06, 0x0e0c07, 0xffffff, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf3ede4, 0xf3ede4, 0x100d06, 0x0e0c07, 0xffffff, 0x00fbf3, 0x000000
#
# Nation 2, Style 3 (UK Vehicle Crew)
0x000000, 0xfefcf4, 0xfefcf4, 0xfbfbfb, 0x0d0b06, 0x15120e, 0x00fbf3, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xfefcf4, 0xfefcf4, 0xfbfbfb, 0x0d0b06, 0x15120e, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
#
#
0x000000, 0x060606, 0xfcfbf2, 0x0a0afc, 0x070301, 0x080303, 0x01fbf9, 0x000000
0x000000, 0x000101, 0xfdfff4, 0x0e110d, 0x0c0a04, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
#
0x000000, 0x000101, 0x010102, 0x0e110d, 0x0c0a04, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#
0x000000, 0xfefef5, 0xfdfff4, 0x040301, 0x02fcf7, 0x0e090a, 0xf2f7e7, 0x000000
#

#

The correct order if you want to add Brits uniforms should be like this:

Quote:

# Uniforms.txt handles mapping the soldier nationality, style, and weapons to uniform colors for the
# soldier sprites. There are 8 entries per soldier color set (NOT 9 as per earlier versions).
#
#
#

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

#
#

Note: bold text = values for British Uniforms

#46:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:14 pm
    —
Yes it is the correct order but German can not use the snow cammo from British because UK nation use one 2 and German one 1. Game will not select them never. I think that you see strange german because there are many units without winter equipped on mod.

And yes I fixed the file but you did not see nothing wrong playing.

#47:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:22 pm
    —
Because you added British Uniforms values at the bottom of the text files (insted of 1 set above the snow...they're read by the game as additional snow uniform values.
That's why some German snow camos are using British (non snow) uniforms...I'll show you some screenshots...hold on...

#48:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:36 pm
    —
squadleader wrote:
Because you added British Uniforms values at the bottom of the text files (insted of 1 set above the snow...they're read by the game as additional snow uniform values.
That's why some German snow camos are using British (non snow) uniforms...I'll show you some screenshots...hold on...

Sorry, but I think that you continue thinking wrong it, game can not use a uniform color with nation 2 for nation 1. If germans would be running with uk snow, germans would have parts on green. UK snow is not loaded by mod for nothing.

Last edited by Nomada_Firefox on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#49:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:36 pm
    —
Here you can see German FJ, SS MG42 and SS Panzerschreck teams wearing British uniforms...this is using your original uniforms.txt with Brit normal and snow values added to the bottom of the txt.

Last edited by squadleader_id on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

WAR_VetBoB_0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.24 KB
 Viewed:  9659 Time(s)

WAR_VetBoB_0001.jpg

#50:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:38 pm
    —
Here are the same teams with the modified uniforms.txt I posted...

Last edited by squadleader_id on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

WAR_VetBoB_0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.29 KB
 Viewed:  9670 Time(s)

WAR_VetBoB_0002.jpg

#51:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:40 pm
    —
Now compare them with UK soldiers. It is the color from SS without winter equipped. If there are something wrong, it would be the RTB tool. Delete the uk lines on uniforms and test again.

#52:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 pm
    —
And here the british.

#53:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 pm
    —
On this moment it is the uniforms.txt, of course as I told you, I fixed.
Quote:
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

#54:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 pm
    —
I see now that you are right on the thing about Germans with bad snow. But I do not think that they were taking the uk snow. Probably it was other color, as one default. I saw it first from add the snow uk lines.

#55:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I see now that you are right on the thing about Germans with bad snow. But I do not think that they were taking the uk snow. Probably it was other color, as one default. I saw it first from add the snow uk lines.

German Snow were using colors from British Normal (non Snow).
Good to know that you've fixed the uniforms.txt...just trying to help...I have a fetish with our little soldiers uniform colors Smile

#56:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:14 pm
    —
Quote:

But if you see my screenshot, they are very different.

#57:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:39 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:

They look like US uniforms to me.
Are those with your original uniforms.txt or new fixed one?
With your original uniforms.txt...Brits (non snow) will be using US snow uniforms color/slots (in VetBoB original uniform colors from CC4-CC5...a lot of US snow uniforms are plain green/brown without white camo).
Arrghh...this is confusing...no?

Try the new uniforms settings...it should give you Brits with different uniforms (the color values from Afrika40-41, right?)

#58:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:52 pm
    —
squadleader wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:

They look like US uniforms to me.
Are those with your original uniforms.txt or new fixed one?
With your original uniforms.txt...Brits (non snow) will be using US snow uniforms color/slots (in VetBoB original uniform colors from CC4-CC5...a lot of US snow uniforms are plain green/brown without white camo).
Arrghh...this is confusing...no?

Try the new uniforms settings...it should give you Brits with different uniforms (the color values from Afrika40-41, right?)

This shot is from UK uniforms. Old and new uniforms.txt. I´m sure that color from germans on your shot is not from Afrika40-41.

#59:  Author: IronStringbean PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:02 pm
    —
Any way that this can get uploaded on this site? I don't feel like registering on Firefox's site... :Cool

#60:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:32 pm
    —
IronStringbean wrote:
Any way that this can get uploaded on this site? I don't feel like registering on Firefox's site... :Cool

Why not? I have not given permission to upload it here by the moment.

Last edited by Nomada_Firefox on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#61:  Author: Panzergrenadier87Location: Birmingham, UK PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 am
    —
Awesome stuff Firefox: first mod for WaR in record time!

I'm very much looking forward to it..!

Wonder which one will be next...

#62:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:34 am
    —
Firefox's mod now available

HERE: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

#63:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:05 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:
Firefox's mod now available

HERE: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

Please delete my mod. I have not given you permission for upload it and you could ask me first.

#64:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 pm
    —
I recomend all you do not download the version from my mod on matrixgames because I go to release one new.

And I´m not very happy with matrixgames attitude taking the work from others without permission.

#65:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
    —
Quote:
I have given permission to upload it here by the moment.

Sorry Firefox

You said you have given permission for it to be uploaded.

i will remove it as soon as I can

#66:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:36 pm
    —
Sorry I forgot one word.
I was writting "I have not given permission to upload it here by the moment." It happens when I´m not writting on my own language.
And without "not", it would not say nothing about upload on other site. Is CCS from Matrixgames?

#67:  Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 pm
    —
Im confused - where can i download it from!?

#68:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm
    —
www.FirefoxCCMods.com the last version 1.01

#69:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:22 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
www.FirefoxCCMods.com the last version 1.01

Firefox, what are the changes in the new ver 1.01? Thanks...

#70:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 pm
    —
Small changes on data (errors fixed) and the original Vetbob flags from tactical battles. Yes I told you that I would not add them but I found it easier thanks to CC2Spriter from Mafi.

#71:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:34 am
    —
with all politness and respect given to mod makers like firefox, what the **** does it matter who uploads,downloads,hosts the mod? as long as due and proper credit is given, if its hosted FREE and for all on 1 site, its open source for all to upload/download/host.

#72:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:55 pm
    —
What happens if I make one new version from my mod because it has a big bug? and you continue downloading the wrong version on other site.

#73:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:06 pm
    —
Then the other site has to track for updates.

#74:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 pm
    —
Yes, but by my experience on the past, it does not happen as all we want. The slow upgrading it cause problems, worse when I upgrade the mod two times per week. I´m sure that Mooxe remember that I did not upload my mods on server the first month because I always make changes.

#75:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:34 pm
    —
Firefox, I found a tiny mistake...British SMG Teams coded as US.
I like the British Uniforms...they're different to the original CC4 VetBoB, right? The original VetBoB British uniforms were darker khaki with some greenish helmets/barets...and some were wearing snow camo.

#76:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:09 pm
    —
squadleader wrote:
Firefox, I found a tiny mistake...British SMG Teams coded as US.
I like the British Uniforms...they're different to the original CC4 VetBoB, right? The original VetBoB British uniforms were darker khaki with some greenish helmets/barets...and some were wearing snow camo.

I did not know nothing about British uniforms on CC4 VetBoB. Are there on CC4 VetBoB?

About error, I forgot add the 2 to the nation data from British SMG teams.

#77:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:08 pm
    —
Thanks for the mod Firefox!

I downloaded from the Matrix site, as I do not have to register. No offense but I do not need more ID's and passwords so if I can avoid having to do that on your site I will.

The positive of having multiple sites is the download bandwidth cost is spread out more and not a burden for a single person/site.

#78:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:11 pm
    —
Quote:
If you do not respect my opinion, at least upgrade the version to 1.01

Done

Quote:
worse when I upgrade the mod two times per week

Then send me a PM

I'd advise saving updates until they are substantial.

People don't like downloading a mod multiple times just to change the colour of the belt buckle.

But that's up to you, if you want to release mini upgrades , go for it.

stwa

I answered you before you spoke

Quote:
if you don't want to share your work, keep it on your PC.

thanks for listening and I'm sure your son enjoys your games together.

#79:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:34 pm
    —
Quote:
Then send me a PM

I do not go to send a pm to people who do not respect me and my work.

#80:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:04 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

I did not know nothing about British uniforms on CC4 VetBoB. Are there on CC4 VetBoB?

Yup! You should check them out for comparison.

#81:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 pm
    —
squadleader wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

I will take a look on them, if I´m not wrong, Mafi tool let import the uniforms from CC4, no?

#82:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:31 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
squadleader wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

I will take a look on them, if I´m not wrong, Mafi tool let import the uniforms from CC4, no?

Yup!
One thing though...AFAIK snow uniforms were broken (or disabled) in CC4 and CC5.
So, only non snow of uniforms were available? CMIIW.

#83:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:41 am
    —
Today I have been adding the complete data from CC4 VetBoB weapons on the mod, many of the weapons have different data making them less powerfull, on special infantry weapons.
I have made more changes on soldiers.txt. I would like add some of resistence to the infantry.

I will inform you when I test it.

#84:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:59 pm
    —
What are these columns on soldiers.txt?
To Hit Head To Hit Body

#85:  Author: robert_pl PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:19 pm
    —
Hi Firefox. Thank you for your work.

Im playin 1.01 and its so far great!

#86:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:29 am
    —
Thanks.

And it is the question of the day, what is it?

#87:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:16 pm
    —
I have fixed three mortar icons, they were different from the others.

#88:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:04 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Thanks.

And it is the question of the day, what is it?

Obvious isn't it? The date the battle took place historically...

#89:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:46 pm
    —
It is the Whitehorse CC5 Ardennes Offensive VetBoB on CC WAR with only a few changes. I´m a bit impressed with the small differences from CC WAR and CC5, on graphics they are the same game. Of course, I must work on sides because on CC5 they were inverted but I must only rename the names and change somethings.

#90:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:09 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
It is the Whitehorse CC5 Ardennes Offensive VetBoB on CC WAR with only a few changes. I´m a bit impressed with the small differences from CC WAR and CC5, on graphics they are the same game. Of course, I must work on sides because on CC5 they were inverted but I must only rename the names and change somethings.

Ahh...I didn't understand your question...sorry Smile
Cool! Another CCWAR mod!

#91:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 am
    —
Will you be using the FO's with the air support graphics?
This was the 2 planes that flew over.

#92:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:59 am
    —
Quote:
Will you be using the FO's with the air support graphics?
This was the 2 planes that flew over.

No, I do not see it too neccesary because on the old CC4 we could not edit the support but on WAR we can add more air support for the day that we want. If you take a look on mod I have changed all the observers by mortar teams.

#93:  Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:39 am
    —
I did try out vetbob quickly. here are some minor comments on the german side:

1-Peiper never had any jagdtiger. they should be removed.

2-The fuhrer grenadier starts the GC next to the Krinkelt map. It should be the 12th SS armored bg there. The 12th SS sent tank detachment to support the Volksgrenadier attack in krinkelt area on december 16th and later took part in the battle for eselhorn ridge before been moved west to protect the fifth panzer armee northern flank along with the 2nd SS and 9th SS.

3- KG guttmann from the 2nd panzer div appears as a reinforcement in the north. That bg should appear around Dasburg

4- I'm reading a book on the ardennes battle written by the US military. So far its dec 27th and nowhere have seen mention of the fuhrer grenadier BG. Only Remer's Fuhrer berg. brigade aroudn St-Vith. Where did they fight and were they important enough as to be represented in the game?

5- Good job at representing the actual strengh of german paras unit. their ranks were reinforced by transferred naval personnel with bad infantry training. In WaR they are very good infantry bgs which is historically incorrect IMO.

6- hetzer was known as jagdpanzer 38(t) at that time.

Keep it up! Very Happy

Cheers

#94:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:51 am
    —
About all this, ask to TT. I recomend you read the readme.txt

#95:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:47 am
    —
Pzt_Serk wrote:

2-The fuhrer grenadier starts the GC next to the Krinkelt map. It should be the 12th SS armored bg there. The 12th SS sent tank detachment to support the Volksgrenadier attack in krinkelt area on december 16th and later took part in the battle for eselhorn ridge before been moved west to protect the fifth panzer armee northern flank along with the 2nd SS and 9th SS.

3- KG guttmann from the 2nd panzer div appears as a reinforcement in the north. That bg should appear around Dasburg

4- I'm reading a book on the ardennes battle written by the US military. So far its dec 27th and nowhere have seen mention of the fuhrer grenadier BG. Only Remer's Fuhrer berg. brigade aroudn St-Vith. Where did they fight and were they important enough as to be represented in the game?

5- Good job at representing the actual strengh of german paras unit. their ranks were reinforced by transferred naval personnel with bad infantry training. In WaR they are very good infantry bgs which is historically incorrect IMO.

Keep it up! Very Happy

Cheers

Nice observations, Pzt_Serk!
Maybe someone should start a TRSM submod for CCWAR VetBoB and 'vanilla' CCWAR? Smile

#96:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:27 am
    —
Yeah, apparently the paratroopers had a horrible time.

#97:  Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 pm
    —
squadleader wrote:

Nice observations, Pzt_Serk!
Maybe someone should start a TRSM submod for CCWAR VetBoB and 'vanilla' CCWAR? Smile

Yes, i did start a thread on this subject in the CCV TRSM sub-forum but Dima did not answer so far. I would really like some TRSM-like mod for WaR but I don't know if Dima plans to work on this.

#98:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:46 pm
    —
This will be the new image from the VetBoB and probably from the next Veteran mods. It was made by Whitehorse for the old CC5 Ardennes Offensive 1.13 VetBoB mod.

I wait release it soon on a beta pack.

About Veteran version, it will be a non realistic battlegroup units mod but with many different units from all the war, on special American T28, M26, M26 Super Persing, E100, Mause and many more. It will be the conversion from CC5 Ardennes Offensive 4.12 but without all the errors from it and many changes.

#99:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:16 am
    —
The Ardennes Offensive VetBoB 1.02B is ready to download on www.FirefoxCCMods.com or www.ClanNomada.com

By the type of changes made on mod, this version is a beta.

#100:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 am
    —
Hi Firefox
just installed 1.02b
I find myself with the setting on the opposite recruit for me ,hero for ai in my saved gc see image.
German flag is at right instead left.

Appunti01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  171.87 KB
 Viewed:  10207 Time(s)

Appunti01.jpg

#101:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:57 pm
    —
Thanks by the info, by this version is a Beta.

#102:  Author: final-drive PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:31 pm
    —
Pzt_Serk wrote:

Keep it up! Very Happy

Cheers

1. You're of course right about no Jagdtiger with Peiper. I guess they would not have shown up in the original CC4 Vetbob (for sure not when played on Veteran vs. Veteran, as it was supposed to), but might have remained in the FPool data on other difficulty levels. Through the conversion of the mod to the CC5 / CC:WaR FPool system, different from CC4's, they now become visible.
2. Führer-Grenadier-Brigade played an important part in the Southern sector, under 7. Armee. It fought alongside 79. Volksgrenadier-Division in the Sûre river area (Heiderscheid). The conversion of the original CC4 Vetbob with CC4 stratmap to CC:War's new stratmap probably means the campaign should be tweaked a little from a historical perspective.
3. See above
4. See above
5. Vetbob did indeed try to add extra historical flavour to the Battlegroups.
6. You're right. In 2003 it was overlooked.

#103:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 pm
    —
final-drive wrote:
Pzt_Serk wrote:

Cheers

1. You're of course right about no Jagdtiger with Peiper. I guess they would not have shown up in the original CC4 Vetbob (for sure not when played on Veteran vs. Veteran, as it was supposed to), but might have remained in the FPool data on other difficulty levels. Through the conversion of the mod to the CC5 / CC:WaR FPool system, different from CC4's, they now become visible.

TT did say he only did the forcepools for Veteran vs Veteran dificulty. He did not have the motivation to do all the others ( I dont blame him ). If the data is copied from TT's, then it should only be played Vet vs Vet.

#104:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:11 pm
    —
Quote:

On 1.02B there is not Jagdtiger on Peiper battlegroup.

Quote:
2. Führer-Grenadier-Brigade played an important part in the Southern sector, under 7. Armee. It fought alongside 79. Volksgrenadier-Division in the Sûre river area (Heiderscheid). The conversion of the original CC4 Vetbob with CC4 stratmap to CC:War's new stratmap probably means the campaign should be tweaked a little from a historical perspective.

Battles, operations and campaigns are the same on mod from CC WAR, you can edit them and change them if you want with battlemaker editor.

Quote:
TT did say he only did the forcepools for Veteran vs Veteran dificulty. He did not have the motivation to do all the others ( I dont blame him ). If the data is copied from TT's, then it should only be played Vet vs Vet.

I think that people probably never understand it very well. CC4 runs very different to CC5 or WAR but the fpools have all the difficult levels on TT mods.
About this VetBoB, I did not copy fully the CC4 fpools, I used the CC4, CC5AOVetBoB and many new changes. I´m sure that these fpools are the most equal to the original from CC4 that you have seen never.

#105:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:19 pm
    —
A curiosity: the file has campaign.txt influence on the game if modified? By creating a new campaign remains the same or need adjustment?
In your mod the file is the same as the original but with different date, editing out all attack (0), the mortar and mg assault currently with the infantry. Rolling Eyes

#106:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 pm
    —
salhexe wrote:
A curiosity: the file has campaign.txt influence on the game if modified? By creating a new campaign remains the same or need adjustment?
In your mod the file is the same as the original but with different date, editing out all attack (0), the mortar and mg assault currently with the infantry. Rolling Eyes

I have not made changes on the original campaign.txt, on 1.02B it is the same from original game.

The dates are the same from original game but on mod you read day 16 and not day 1 only. It is the unique difference.

#107:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm
    —
Hi Firefox
I made a german vetmod for your mod. I'm using it in a GC without problems. Can I insert it or you want to see before?
below some changes:

soldiers: german in general and some allied unit have more difficult to move

alsteams: better morale and rivisited sai, reduced hmg-bazooka-mortars "desire" to assault. Increase some infantry teams

axsteams: reworked experience and morale, reduct some teams

weapons: panzerschreek now can't fire into building and have minor power penetration

fpools: kg peiper added bison and Spw , 3 FJ sost. IG (team repeat) with fj mg15, F Gren sost 251/9 (team repeat) with 234/9, 26 VG sost volksgrenadiere (tr) with aufklarer.

Cheers

#108:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:13 am
    —
salhexe wrote:
Hi Firefox
I made a german vetmod for your mod. I'm using it in a GC without problems. Can I insert it or you want to see before?
below some changes:

soldiers: german in general and some allied unit have more difficult to move

alsteams: better morale and rivisited sai, reduced hmg-bazooka-mortars "desire" to assault. Increase some infantry teams

axsteams: reworked experience and morale, reduct some teams

weapons: panzerschreek now can't fire into building and have minor power penetration

fpools: kg peiper added bison and Spw , 3 FJ sost. IG (team repeat) with fj mg15, F Gren sost 251/9 (team repeat) with 234/9, 26 VG sost volksgrenadiere (tr) with aufklarer.

Cheers

Sorry but by the moment 1.02B is a beta version with some errors, a part of them very big errors. If you want to public your submod on one site, go ahead but I do not recomend it for 1.02B, use 1.01.

PD: For fast contact go to www.FirefoxCCMods.com

#109:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:31 pm
    —
Ok thanks,
I think so that you can have some suggestions and give my modest contribution to the development of mod. I finished Gc Version 2, I had no system errors.
You've talked about not having changed the file campaign.txt, but after installing 1.02bi now have two step for day instead of only one for day as before.

Cheers Smile

CCWAR-AOVetBoB german S vetmod 1.0.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCWAR-AOVetBoB german S vetmod 1.0.zip
 Filesize:  44.19 KB
 Downloaded:  474 Time(s)

#110:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:57 pm
    —
The 1.02B has main big errors on multiplayer, I do not know what is the problem but when you try to start one multiplayer connection game crash.

Quote:
I think so that you can have some suggestions and give my modest contribution to the development of mod

Sorry but with the exception from fpools fixed on repeat teams, I do not like the other changes, a part of them are things from the old CC4 VetBoB that I do not like. All them are things that I did not add because they affect too to gameplay. By example, if panzerskreck can not fire into buildings, probably you will not use them because out they are useless and they are discovered by the enemy very fast. You should think on it like a small suggestion from me.

#111:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 pm
    —
[quote="Nomada_Firefox"]

Quote:
By example, if panzerskreck can not fire into buildings, probably you will not use them because out they are useless and they are discovered by the enemy very fast. You should think on it like a small suggestion from me.

I know that this type of system also made it problematic to fire the weapon from inside closed spaces (such as bunkers or houses), filling the room with toxic smoke and revealing the firing location immediately. This was in contrast to the British PIAT's cumbersome, but non-smoking system, or the Panzerfausts short burst launch system
From Wikipedia english
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerschreck
Also in real using panzershreck greatly reduced life, revealing immediatly the location's soldiers.
I use them in ambush on the edge of a forest or on a corner in town for example.

#112:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm
    —
[quote="salhexe"]
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

Quote:
By example, if panzerskreck can not fire into buildings, probably you will not use them because out they are useless and they are discovered by the enemy very fast. You should think on it like a small suggestion from me.

I know that this type of system also made it problematic to fire the weapon from inside closed spaces (such as bunkers or houses), filling the room with toxic smoke and revealing the firing location immediately. This was in contrast to the British PIAT's cumbersome, but non-smoking system, or the Panzerfausts short burst launch system
From Wikipedia english
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerschreck
Also in real using panzershreck greatly reduced life, revealing immediatly the location's soldiers.
I use them in ambush on the edge of a forest or on a corner in town for example.

I knew all this but when I make a mod, I do not look for to find the perfect realism, I try the perfect gameplay.

About 1.02B, when I can to find more free time, I will fix it. By the moment I´m too busy with this.

#113:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm
    —
Good work :Cool

#114:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:01 pm
    —
I have released one new version, the 1.03B, it fixed all the errors from previous version. It can be downloaded on my own site http://www.clannomada.com

#115:  Author: lamurt PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I have released one new version, the 1.03B, it fixed all the errors from previous version. It can be downloaded on my own site http://www.clannomada.com

ability to download the file from a website which is in english would be really cool ya know.. Very Happy

#116:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 am
    —
I shall add it here if Firefox has no objections.

#117:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
I shall add it here if Firefox has no objections.
I would like to wait to the next complete version, 1.03B is a beta version and it can have some errors.

#118: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Doramas PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:20 pm
    —
I´m testing vet 1.03 B, but need to play it online, i need someone to play it with some regularity. By now in s.p. i did not found bigs errors, may be forcepools must be modified, increasing quantity of teams, but not by now. If someone want to pay a GC to test it, im in CCS Hamachi server.

#119: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:56 am
    —
Yes, by it the mod is a beta, if you want fix them, you can. I have not too time for CC mods on this moment but I should release some work that I have on my computer, I have a new Veteran mod with many more units than VetBoB and of course the ABTF, this last mod is ended but I must add some operations and battles, probably soon.

#120: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Roger5 PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:58 am
    —
Hello Nomada. When can we download your vetmod? Is your new vetmod a new mod or an additional vetBob?

Last edited by Roger5 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total

#121: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Roger5 PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:01 am
    —
I do not play the WAR original but are currently using your vetBob with Salhexes german vetmod.

#122: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Doramas PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:48 pm
    —
Finally i started yesterday a GC with a regular opponent, it seem stable no crashes in the first 5 maps.

#123: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Doramas PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:14 pm
    —
After moths playing The GC 25 days, now we are in the 9th day of GC, we did not found big bugs; and we had only 2 crashes at the end of 2 blattles, allways clicking NEXT buttom, without saving.
To use the reinforcements, we normally check the fpool, clicking in the reinforcement buttom, and reverting if we are not agree.
The mod is much more playable than the original game.

#124: Can someone set my stright for a seconed...? Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:14 am
    —
So this vet mod, what exactly does it do?

-When playing vs. AI, which side should I be so the game "hardness" will be in effect?

-How should I balance the sides? (recruit, line, elite...)

-What exactly is the effect?

Does it mean that the AI will just have better units or does it mean that the AI would be more aggressive?

Thanks.

#125: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Doramas PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 pm
    —
Golani, i never played it against AI, only online in multiplayer, i play the GC. Veteran v Veteran. You have all the info in the readme mod file.
In the original vetmod for cc4 there was a file to use against AI, but i never used it.

#126: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:23 am
    —
Has anyone come across this while playing the Mod?
Or even WAR for that?
I know the whole FP not being filled bug but what about the graphic error?
I wasn't able to duplicate it after exiting and starting over,but judging by the Allied unit it hasn't been selected thus not showing any of the weapon gadgets.

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.65 KB
 Viewed:  12122 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

#127: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:49 am
    —
Michael, I had that happened to me in TLD, as you say it is caused when no team is selected by default when you enter that screen.

#128: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:24 am
    —
Kanov is correct.

#129: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: -Jager-Location: stockholm PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:21 pm
    —
Exelent mod. who made the tank grapic?
I would like to know how it's done!
Also where dose the mod files go?

#130: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:39 am
    —
Day 10 Turn 2
Playing as Axis

TT made the Tank & Gun graphics,unfortunately he doesn't visit post or work on CC anymore,that I know of.
You can view all of them in the CC Camera
I have not however seen the British Tank with the extra fuel tank in game before.
Here

Can you be more clear by what you mean by where do the mod files go?
This Mod for WAR has a self-installer

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.4 KB
 Viewed:  12057 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

#131: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 am
    —
You can download the mod HERE: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

#132: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: -Jager-Location: stockholm PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:58 pm
    —
Thanks yea those tanks are exelent!
He did the Wrecks to!  Smile

I just wounder where the files was but i found them

#133: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:01 am
    —
First time I have seen this in this Mod.
Is this some type of Rank Mod added to AAOVetBoB?

Why only to the Brits?
And why didn't it change after they died? Smile

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.81 KB
 Viewed:  12023 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.83 KB
 Viewed:  12023 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

#134: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: -Jager-Location: stockholm PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:42 am
    —
What do you mean the wound badge??

Anny how when we posting After actions report
i just want to brag whit my Panther statistic

Panther2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.63 KB
 Viewed:  12006 Time(s)

Panther2.jpg

#135: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:15 pm
    —
I meant the # above the shoulder's rank.
May I suggest adding a supply Depot to Stoumont?
The map is pretty much worthless as no returning BG uses it.

Graphic bug here too.
The green heads stay when their are to many within the slot.
When using the RTBTool do I select the cc45.rez.exe? inorder to use the screen patch option of the tool?

thanks

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.66 KB
 Viewed:  11981 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.97 KB
 Viewed:  11981 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

#136: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 pm
    —
Since were bragging.
I am very proud of Zimmerman.

With him being stationed at Senonchamps I feel he has a very good chance of possibly setting a record.

(What is the record for a sniper?)

UO0009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.68 KB
 Viewed:  12039 Time(s)

UO0009.jpg

#137: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:08 pm
    —
This is an older pic... I'll have to check on his progress more recently

#138: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:11 am
    —
Hmm competition,I like it.

Day 12 Turn 2
Everyone except the Allies takes a break and writes home.
The Allies are too busy licking their wounds.

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.45 KB
 Viewed:  12027 Time(s)

UO0010.jpg

#139: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:50 am
    —
I'm surprised to see this.
The game wont continue even though it's a 25 day Campaign?

Interestingly enough I can click on the GC file and it starts the last Battle over again.
Day 12 Turn 2
It doesn't jump straight to the End Game message

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.56 KB
 Viewed:  12015 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.72 KB

UO0013.jpg

UO0014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.07 KB

UO0014.jpg

#140: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:43 pm
    —
43 - 38  I win

#141: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: -Jager-Location: stockholm PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:53 pm
    —
Isent it a way to have the allies to defend the Bastogne
even if they are surrounded?

Sniper2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.89 KB
 Viewed:  9447 Time(s)

Sniper2.jpg

#142: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:59 pm
    —
Noticed that too platoon_michael.... Doesn't really impact much, but a bug report has been submitted.

#143: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:12 pm
    —
platoon_michael, that happens in CC4 and CC5 and I thought it was normal not a bug, I mean if you conquer all maps and the game ends, you load the save game and it will be the last battle.

Or maybe I don't understand what you mean. I don't see it as a Bug, it's just that you won, you conquered all and there's no point continuing.

#144: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:11 pm
    —
I thought that in CCIV it went straight to the end game when you clicked on your file.
(could be wrong as it has been a long time)

I didn't expect the game to end,I just assumed that on the next day the Allied BG's would just keep coming and I would just keep killing them.Not saying it's a bug,just wasn't what I expected that's all.I was looking for more kills to rack up and show off too though.

Thanks Firefox,
I enjoyed the Mod,the force pools  however I do feel need to be adjusted.
I just never felt at all during the game that I was in jeopardy of running out of anything.

I geuss you could say this is my 1st completed GC as I haven't finished the CCS one yet.

I do suggest that Stoumont look into having a Supply Depot as I said earlier no Allied BG ever entered that map on a Turn 1.
I suggest relocating the entry VL on Marche as the AI could never seem to get their tanks around the houses and into Battle.
It's a shame the game can't have different types of deployment zones.A larger one for the AI would help it out a lot.
I tried to not move my BG's onto another map until turn 2 because I knew the AI didn't deploy any BG's thus the map would be in total German control on Turn1 and I could then just crush the AI easily.(late in the game that is,early on it was go go go)
The Exit VL to Winterspelt on Habscheid is too close to the inital German deployment making the map useless inmho,you only have to fight on the top 1/3rd of the map in order to get off next turn.

I suggest a new GC too,one for playing as Germans one for Allies.
Playing as the Germans the AI should have many more BG's on the strat map and less for playing as the Allies.
The use of fully supplied for the Axis makes it way to easy too.

I never saw one single Allied air support ever.In either this one or the CCS GC

#145: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 pm
    —
If anyone is playing this Mod can you please edit the FPools to allow reinforcing and tell us how it's working for you?

Thanks

#146: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
If anyone is playing this Mod can you please edit the FPools to allow reinforcing and tell us how it's working for you?

Thanks

i'm playing it regulary... but can  you explain exactly what you need me to do/check?

#147: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:07 am
    —
I believe FF disabled the use of reinforcing the Force Pools.
You can find this in the bgroups text under the Data/Base folder.

I'm wondering if a Modded WAR has any issues with re-reinforcement not working properly.

I.E.
When using revert it doesn't work properly,by removing the extra teams that were added.
And that the re-reinforcement option doesn't come back after hitting revert.

I would imagine if one had the Bloody Omaha Mod installed they could check the same thing.

#148: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:30 am
    —
Hi
I solved in my vetmod so:
added depot in Bastogne. This is not historical but I think recreate the best conditions of the real campaign, as the Germans never conquered Bastogne,
while in the game Ai not ever defend the usually.
This, if the Germans conquest Bastogne  will have another unit to fight the next turn.

#149: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:49 pm
    —
Anything to get the AI to put all it's BG's on the strategic Map is a good thing.
Having now had 3 completed GC's I can tell you the AI can never get all it's BG's on the map thus making it too easy to win as the Germans.

#150: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 pm
    —
Good point salhexe and platoon_michael.... An extra supply depot will help them for supply and give a spot for BG's to reappear....

#151: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:30 am
    —
I tried to install this mod but i get a weird mainscreen showing weapon icons (see screenshot), if i click anything i get a crash to desktop.

Could this have something to do with upgrading to v4.50.10b befor installing the WaR_AOVetBoB_v1.03 mod, are you guy's running the WaR_AOVetBoB_v1.03 mod with the v4.50.10b patch?

weird mainscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.29 KB
 Viewed:  9475 Time(s)

weird mainscreen.jpg

#152: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:47 am
    —
You are indeed correct the BETA Patch screwd all (most) mods.

you need to use the modswap plugin version of vetbob if you are using the 10b patch

modswap

http://www.closecombatwar.com/utils/ModswapforCoIWaRtLDLSA.exe

DIRECTIONS

Download ModswapforCoIWaRtLDLSA.exe and run the Exe

Modswap should install to your C:\Matrix Games folder and be ready to run.

WaR_AOVetBoB_v1.03 mod

http://www.closecombatwar.com/utils/AOVetBoB103_for_WaR_All_Versions_GR.exe

only issue is a slight UI mismatch.. should work fine otherwise including H2H on Gameranger.

DIRECTIONS

Download the mod file eg AOVetBoB103_for_WaR.exe

Run the exe which will install AOVetBoB103 mod to your plugins folder.

When that is complete Open ModSwap from your C:\Matrix\Games folder.

From the File menu choose Install and navigate to C:\Matrix\Games\plugins and select AOVetBoB103.WaR

Click on Open and OK to install.

Close ModSwap.

Select Play from Command Center to play WaR with AOVetBoB103 Mod Installed.

Last edited by schrecken on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

#153: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 am
    —
Also see this thread for the development process of modswap.

it may also answer any questions you have

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8622

#154: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 am
    —
Hi Schrecken,

Thanks for the quick support, i followed all steps in your post but when i Select Play from Command Center i get the same faulty mainscreen, is there any way to undo the 10b patch?

Aetius

#155: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:45 am
    —
ooops

Sorry...wrong link

http://www.closecombatwar.com/utils/AOVetBoB103_for_WaR_All_Versions_GR.exe

only issue is a slight UI mismatch.. should work fine otherwise including H2H on Gameranger.  ( read through that thread I pointed to to get the full story)

use modswap to uninstall the one you have and install this instead...

my bad, I'll fix the link above too.

#156: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
    —
Works perfectly now,

Thanks again for the quick support

Aetius

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1