save a troop arrangement
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: save a troop arrangement Author: jhermeyer PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:39 am
    —
Sometimes you set up your troops on a new map and press the begin button. But, oh bad luck, after the 1rst moves you loose your beloved panzers all of sudden (curse!). Now, your setting was principally ok except for the tanks waiting on an open flank. What you wanted now, would be to just rearrange the few items and start again. But there is no button to save a troop arrangement short before you begin the fight.
Is there any solution for this problem ?
Thanks in advance
Yours Joe

#2:  Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:18 pm
    —
Which mod? What OS?
What Close Combat?

Really wierd. I have played since 2001. Never heard of that.
But wait a little bit. Heres some old gits helping a fellow commander out.

#3:  Author: jhermeyer PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:21 pm
    —
Well I ment : is there any possibilty (lets take CC5 or CC4) to save before the battle ?

#4:  Author: Mistmatz PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:27 pm
    —
jhermeyer wrote:
Well I ment : is there any possibilty (lets take CC5 or CC4) to save before the battle ?

No, but there is a lot of 'learning the hard way'... Very Happy

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:53 pm
    —
I don't think many commanders had the option of re-setting their deployment if they got it wrong the first time Smile

#6: my own lessons in battle tactics Author: jhermeyer PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:02 pm
    —
Of course in a real war situations don’t repeat exactly. But this is a simulation game. Admit tingly quite often I’m playing it as a lesson on the path to perfection (mad as I am). Then my setting is a strong troop on my side and week forces on the enemy side. Now, as I know I will win, my goal is to minimize losses or time. Therefore I often play the same battle just to see if I could sweep all enemy without losing (or even wounding) a single man. Isn’t that what all commanders in reality should be out for? However playing under that premises the starting constellation matters a lot. That is called battle tactics in officers school, it is old as the ol Egyptians, and formerly was played in sandboxes (by grown ups too). So, I will continue to do that I just was curios if I could save a little time between two runs
Yours
J

#7: Re: my own lessons in battle tactics Author: Mistmatz PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:34 pm
    —
jhermeyer wrote:
Of course in a real war situations don’t repeat exactly. But this is a simulation game. Admit tingly quite often I’m playing it as a lesson on the path to perfection (mad as I am). Then my setting is a strong troop on my side and week forces on the enemy side. Now, as I know I will win, my goal is to minimize losses or time. Therefore I often play the same battle just to see if I could sweep all enemy without losing (or even wounding) a single man. Isn’t that what all commanders in reality should be out for? However playing under that premises the starting constellation matters a lot. That is called battle tactics in officers school, it is old as the ol Egyptians, and formerly was played in sandboxes (by grown ups too). So, I will continue to do that I just was curios if I could save a little time between two runs
Yours
J

This sounds like you're playing against the AI. I recommend to dig into h2h play, by far more fun and challenging than AI play could ever be.
It will become of less concern how fast you are or if you can reduce losses when you'll fight for survival more often than not.

Btw. the AI is not a worthy opponent for battle tactics either. You already mentioned sandbox games those require a human opponent for a good reason.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1