Building a new stratmap
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: Building a new stratmap Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:08 pm
    —
I just finished getting a 44 map stratmap up and running from scratch again...well, normandy.tga wasn't from scratch, but everything else was (about 10.5 hours total work) and I am putting something together for you guys to help anyone through the process that is interested, and wanted to make sure about the formats.

There are some layered image files, which I can only keep as psd files. Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro can open these...but I'm not sure what people will do who don't have either of these.

There is a multi-worksheet spreadsheet...is .xls ok

Text documents...do you want these in .rtf so that basically any word processor can open them, or prefer plain .txt file

It's not really a comprehensive guide, just laying out the organization of, and show you what you will need to do to make your own custom stratmap. Basically, what my little freetime will allow at the moment

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:28 pm
    —
Thanks a lot, Neil...
.psd, .xls and .txt is fine with me!
Fire away!

#3:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:57 pm
    —
No problem with these type of files. Thanks.

#4:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:32 am
    —
All those file types work for me too...

Thanks again for taking the time to create the doc/guide.

#5:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:43 am
    —
Please,

Pretty please.

#6:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:28 am
    —
On second thought, I will just make it a pdf file...there should be no trouble with that. I will try and have it up tomorrow

#7:  Author: Roel PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:20 am
    —
CSO_Linebacker wrote:
On second thought, I will just make it a pdf file...there should be no trouble with that. I will try and have it up tomorrow

Did I miss it, or is it not there yet?

I'm not rushing you, Linebacker, but I can't wait to start working on a new stratmap myself Smile

Cheers,

Roel

#8:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:57 pm
    —
SLight catastrophie here...I'll be a few more days

#9:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:41 am
    —
Is it possible to have something different than the green & red filters for the WAR strat map?

The new strat map looks so good I hate seeing it covered with those ugly filters.

#10:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
Is it possible to have something different than the green & red filters for the WAR strat map?

The new strat map looks so good I hate seeing it covered with those ugly filters.

Aren't they hard wired?

#11:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:

I know that on the past they were a problem because we could not edit the start position from sides but now...............on Campaign.txt
Quote:

# Allied 'home' direction (friendly rear that way. 0 = N, 1 = NE, 2 = E, 3 = SE, 4 = S, 5 = SW, 6 = W, 7 = NW)
# Axis 'home' direction

And by example we do not need invert the sides as I made on the CC5 Ardennes Offensive mod. By it I do not see the green and red filters a problem for a mod.

#12:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 pm
    —
sorry, but this will not be getting done by me anytime soon...I have no time to spend on this project. If will pass on the couple of pages that I have written and a few images. They are incomplete, but should be enough for anyone to figure the rest out

#13:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 am
    —
I thought that WAR was going to have the strat map in the form of a text file in WAR but I don't seem to be able to find it.
Am I misunderstanding something?

thanks

#14:  Author: Roel PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:47 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
I thought that WAR was going to have the strat map in the form of a text file in WAR but I don't seem to be able to find it.
Am I misunderstanding something?

thanks

Look for StratMap.txt in the Maps folder of your game...

#15:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:11 pm
    —
Now thats an odd place for it.

Thank-You Roel

#16:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:45 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
Now thats an odd place for it.

Thank-You Roel

Logically it's placed in the maps folder because the StratMap.txt also replaces the index.mpi.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1