Did you know...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Did you know... Author: ActionJacksonDX PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:40 pm
    —
...that the minimap and the soldier monitor can be dragged and dropped with the right mouse button?

...that unit placement, los checking and issueing orders can be done on the overview map(the one that's behind the little - )? (thx to RunningMan for that info!)

...that in GJS the Schiessbecher that appears on the BG screen but seemingly not on the on the battlefield is actually there but has only HEAT ammo that can actually damage and destroy tanks(especially when hitting the top armor)?

Add your hints! There's always something that some poeple don't know.

#2:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:39 am
    —
No, Yes, and No!!

Always something new in the old game!

#3:  Author: RunningMan PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:43 pm
    —
Mines can be burned/destroyed with Flamethrower. (thx to Actionjackson for that info! Wink )

#4:  Author: Luft_CurraheeLocation: Poland, Olsztyn PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:46 pm
    —
Jesus Christ!
Change that avatar Shocked I just can't read post when I see this awful face Razz Wink

Cheers

#5:  Author: RunningMan PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:22 am
    —
Luft_Currahee wrote:
Jesus Christ!
Change that avatar Shocked I just can't read post when I see this awful face Razz Wink

Cheers

hey ! thats just a bright smile Laughing

and dont spam in AJs valuable thread Wink

#6:  Author: dermonk PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:38 am
    —
i always use the overview map to put all units (after selecting them using a mouse sqare) into hide mode first (M) -

then they will change location according to better cover automatically - then i place the units while they are in the M-mode

from that on you can give other orders like attack (X) or whatever - if necessary

#7:  Author: ActionJacksonDX PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:23 pm
    —
...that germans had superior aiming sights?
this is implemented in GJS - germans get an advantage in accurcy at longer ranges. (starting at maybe 400+ meters?)
the exception is the 17pdr, its aim at long ranges is nearly as good as the german guns.
try this, at 900m even a Marder has a decent chance of outdueling a sherman.

...that APDS rounds (6pdr, PzIII, PaK38, all german 37mm guns) lose accuracy and hitting power faster over range than AP rounds? this makes german 88s almost invincible in the extreme-range ATG duels that often ensue on maps like abbaye or buron.

btw, i did some tests with the HEAT schiessbecher. its max range is 40m and its kill rating is enough to get a green circle on stus and the side of a sherman. still, a lucky hit is needed to do harm from ground level, but in my tests i blew up several stuarts and immoed several shermans.

#8:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:40 am
    —
In CCIII if you put your tanks on Move Slow when moving on snow fields they will move better than on fast.On Move Fast they just spin and end up going slower.
Seems to hold true on CCIV.

CCIII: If you charge a Tiger tank and suround it with infantry the crew members will panic and bail out.

Dropping smoke in front of an enemy tank does more than hide them,it prevents them from seeing as well.

#9:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:14 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:

Dropping smoke in front of an enemy tank does more than hide them,it prevents them from seeing as well.

Also slows their progress a great deal. They can't see so they slow to a crawl.
Very uselful at times.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1