Some people do not deserve our work making mods
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Some people do not deserve our work making mods Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:43 am
    —
Reading this thread on CSO I only can tell you that people as Flamethower does not deserve our work. http://www.closecombatonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=113126&posted=1#post113126
I have spent many free time from me and I´m selling nothing, all it is free and now I must read this lack of respect. I only ask for respect for my work and my decisions about this. But I think this is too much for some people. Sad

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:19 am
    —
Firefox, it's best to ignore Flamethrower's remarks.
His only contribution to the CC community seems to be cheerleading S3T blindly...and trolling the forums ready to pounce and insult people as he likes...I've seen this behaviour from the Flamer few times.
Well, what do you expect from a Flamer? Very Happy

I've just downloaded v1.01, BTW...will let you know if I find any bugs...thanks for your hard work and quick update!

#3:  Author: Panzergrenadier87Location: Birmingham, UK PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:00 am
    —
I totally agree: I'm an aspiring (eventual!) modder and I completely see why you want to keep control over your work. I guess it's easier to get a little rash on a computer than it is in real life...

Your mods kick ass anyway. Once I've finished the vanilla WaR campaign I'm getting your V1.01 like a shot!

#4:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am
    —
Sorry

I believe in an open community.

Not a closed members only association of like minded individuals.

Firefox if you don't want to share your work, keep it on your PC.

You have benefited greatly from the work of the community the past few years, so don't get all high and mighty about your work...

#5:  Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:42 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
Sorry

You have benefited greatly from the work of the community the past few years, so don't get all high and mighty about your work...

Aiyeeeeeeeeee!

That's given it to em padner. Yep I'll bet you shoot from both hips, don't ya.

Ya just gotta go get it from his server. No beeg deal right, it's seems like sharing to me.

BTW, I have my own Ardennes mod, and I have never shared it with anyone (except my kid). So peeck on me, meester beeg.

#6:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:
Sorry

The issue here is not share or not share, the mod can be downloaded by all without problems and on the correct moment, I will let upload it on other sites, when mod is ready without stupid bugs. I have made it on past and I do not go to change.
The issue here are bad comments on CSO site and the respect to my decisions.

#7:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:21 pm
    —
1) Firefox say he whant to make it public at his own decition and when he feel its ready. Respect his which please.
2) If Fire fox don’t want his mod on a commercial site, then it’s his decision and it ought to be respected. ->Matix is a commercial site.<-
3) The date for relise of his mod must be decided by Firefox him self, non else....

Seem obvious to me.

Keep up the good work Firefox!

#8:  Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:24 pm
    —
squadleader wrote:
His only contribution to the CC community seems to be cheerleading S3T blindly...and trolling the forums ready to pounce and insult people as he likes...I've seen this behaviour from the Flamer few times.

he he...something I said must have stung eh? some of us make contributions without blowin our own horns about it

hey speaking of hornblowers, here is an idea, why don't you, Firefox and pzjager form a clan...yer like 3 peas in a pod

oh, and, any regrets fer crappin all over WaR before ya even saw it?

#9:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:15 pm
    —
Flamethrower wrote:
hey speaking of hornblowers, here is an idea, why don't you, Firefox and pzjager form a clan...yer like 3 peas in a pod

Nomada, Squadleader and Panzerjäger!

A DREAM TEAM, for sure!

Personaly, I am proud to be considered at the same level than these two friends.

Flamethrower, can I with all the respect that is due to you, advise you to build an other dream team with, let's say Platoon Michael and Zappi4?

Cheers
Panzerjäger the best

#10:  Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:20 pm
    —
.......... :hurt10 :hurt2 :hurt4 :hurt3

So nice not even need an IA to see a fight

#11:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:55 pm
    —
Dauphin wrote:

Dauphin, your later post has been deleted by CCS admins....

Welcome to the club!

Cheers
PJ

#12:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:58 pm
    —
AT_Stalky wrote:
1) Firefox say he whant to make it public at his own decition and when he feel its ready. Respect his which please.
Seem obvious to me.

Keep up the good work Firefox!

Hi Mats,

Seems obvious to me as well.
As you know, I have been struggling for that...to the point I am now -in a dream team-!

Cheers
PJ

#13:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:11 pm
    —
Dauphin wrote:

#14:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:19 pm
    —
As u said before Firefox, some people dont have any respect for anythings except themself.
Anyway, Firefox, u should use private ftp to release your file, then only invited people
can get acces.
As i said to you privatly, when u feel your work ready to be released, call me

#15:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:04 pm
    —
ZAPPI4 wrote:
As u said before Firefox, some people dont have any respect for anythings except themself.
Anyway, Firefox, u should use private ftp to release your file, then only invited people
can get acces.
As i said to you privatly, when u feel your work ready to be released, call me

Calme toi, Zapp4. Je te sens un peu esité, ce soir

Bonne nuit, puppy

#16:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
    —
I guess I just don't get it.

First, it's wasn't being hosted on a commercial site...Matrix only hosts the site.

At first, it was about permission. There has never been anything wrong in the past with community sites hosting mods to make them available to the greatest number of people. Far more people will visit sites like CCS, CSO and Matrix than will ever visit the Clan Nomada site or Firefox's individual site. So all of this fighting because more people (old and new) will have access to a mod...hmmm. Now Firefox says that it isn't done...so then don't start a thread a say it's ready for download. Easy as that.

Good thing Mafi doesn't take the same attitude with his tools these days....or maybe he will, who knows. To go along with the thread title, maybe some people don't deserve all of the volunteer hours that went in to making this all possible in the hopes that someday we will be out from under Destineer and have the financial resources will be available into creating something brand new.

Until then...

#17:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:48 pm
    —
If my opinion about my work do not deserve your respect, please CSO_Linebacker delete the mod. I never have signed nothing with Matrixgames, Strategy 3, Destineer or another company about that I must upload mods on your site. And I never have told nothing about upload on Matrixgames or on CSO. I never started a thread about ready for upload it on other sites with the exception from my site.

I do not understand because you upload it to your site if you do not respect me, why do you want work from people who you do not respect on your servers?

And the most important, people from your team have insulted me and my work. I never have insulted you or work from you.

#18:  Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:04 pm
    —
@pzjager
If the post had been deleted it has been put back.

@ CSO_Linebacker
The thread started because of a comment not on the matter of hosting files.

bashing brings nothing

#19:  Author: lemon42 PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:06 pm
    —
Firefox,
I think most, if not all, respect your wishes and if I recall you have answered here (http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=35607#35607) a bit different before you did edit it. I'm a non native english speaker and I wasn't sure how to interpret it right. So schrecken has done it wrong.

But I think it's time to let it rest and move on. I accept your reason why you want to host and why you want to give permission to the sites which can host your mod. I accept it even if I would have done it different. But this is what makes our life interesting. Everyone looks at things from different points of view. Most of the time they are all right. Only different.

Smile

#20:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:21 pm
    —
Quote:
The thread started because of a comment not on the matter of hosting files.

The thread started as a carryover about hosting from the other forum

Quote:
bashing brings nothing

I didn't notice I was bashing anyone. Like I said, I just don't get it, but if that's Firefox's wish then so be it. He has contributed alot over the years and has earned the right to allow minimal access.

Quote:
please CSO_Linebacker delete the mod

Not possible as I do not have any such privileges. I am just one of the volunteers working to get us beyond Destineer as fast as possible in the hopes that the S3T share is enough for a full-time programmer to code a true successor from the ground up.

Quote:
I never started a thread about ready for upload it on other sites with the exception from my site.

My apologies, I guess I misunderstood the meaning of the thread that you started titled "CC WAR Ardennes Offensive VetBoB read to download"

Last edited by CSO_Linebacker on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4