Probs with running El Alamein mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

#1: Probs with running El Alamein mod Author: dday572 PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:42 pm
    —
hi, im a newbie here, just tried installing my first mod, El Alamein, followed your cool install guide to the letter, but I got a problem opening BTD files, used your forum, it had same topic and a confident answer:
AudieMurphy wrote:
Hi,

The problem with CC is you get one error message but the problem is elsewhere.

Try this: take the Install txt file, take a fresh CC5 installation and copy the files from the Alamein plugin over the old ones in the main folder, Data/Base, Graphics and the sfx files. Then delete the stock files in Maps, Campaigns, Ops and Battles and copy the ones from the plugin into the right places as the Install txt says. The whole map pack goes into the Maps folders. Don't forget to put the Index.mpi into the maps folder.

It is a long way but you can be sure that once you have done it you have it. I have just installed the Alamein mod that way and it is running.
... have installed some 5 or 6 mods this way, takes time but no problem later.

Have a good fight in the desert.

trouble is I dont understand what the responder means, I'm computer-literate but I can't be certain what he means by 'take the install txt file' , whether I should uninstall/reinstall CC5 - can someone please tell me in simple language how i can overcome this prob pls, I'm really keen to play these battles.
Thanks a lot Wink DDAY572

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1