Troubles uninstalling mods
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Troubles uninstalling mods Author: cobra1983Location: Tuscany, Italy PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:53 am
    —
Hi everyone! I have this quite annoying problem with Configuration Manager 5.1: it works fine, but each time i try to uninstall a mod it keeps asking me for cd, even though the cd is in the right drive. I have made a backup copy of cc3.exe and Data, Graphics, and LocalFX folders so that i can manually uninstall the mods, but it's definitely boring. Do you have any suggestion to make Config Manager work? Thank you in advance.

Massimiliano

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:55 pm
    —
Thats a wierd one. Unfortunately theres not too many people familair with Pac mod for CC3 anymore. I would suggest opening up the install.txt file and see where its trying to pull/put files.

#3:  Author: cobra1983Location: Tuscany, Italy PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:09 pm
    —
That's what i understood so far:

1-when ConfigManager tries to uninstall a mod, it looks for the cd to copy original data from.
2-first place it looks in is the registry, looking for the "InstalledFrom" string:
- If it finds the string, it searches the cd in that drive;
- otherwise it looks in D: .

I have checked the registry, and everything is fine. I gave a look at some mods' Uninstall.txt, but found nothing interesting, and even uninstalling mods which make a backup copy of the data they overwrite, it keeps asking for cd. All i can guess is that my cd can't be read, but it works fine, and i tried with a downloaded iso, too, but had the same problem... I really can't understand what the problem is...

EDIT: i forgot one thing... Thank you for your help! Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1