KV-2 not reloading
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: KV-2 not reloading Author: nickname2 PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:36 pm
    —
Ive been having problems with certain units not reloading their main weapons unless they have a fire command. Most recently it was a KV-2, the 152mm would fire once but if i told it to cease fire they dont ever finish reloading until i order fire agian. then they continue from where they left off. Is this a common problem with CoI or is it just my game? By the way I am playing the Grand Campaign on LAN multiplayer. I have the small soldiers mod, im not sure of any other mods i've had this game for quite a while.

#2:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:07 am
    —
nope never seen that one before... sometimes they're slow to load, or load the wrong shell type

#3:  Author: nickname2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 pm
    —
no, i know that the 152mm is slow to reload. however it never reloads unless it has a fire order. It's the only real problem i have with this game.

#4:  Author: si_geena PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 am
    —
That must suck. How about treating that effect as poorly trained and poorly led Russian peasants...

#5: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: acidsplashLocation: Slovenija, Celje PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:43 am
    —
if we treat them like "poorly trained and poorly lead Russian peasants" than the same must be for new crews of su-152 or isu-152, the shell is the same caliber, but i think U will not like that when U r  confronted with King Tiger si_geena!  Smile

#6: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: vonB PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:47 pm
    —
I have not noticed this, but I do not often play as Russians in CCIII/CoI.  I had noticed that the AI does not seem to have this problem as the KV2 keeps popping off rounds in my direction...

But reload times are slow for the bigger guns.  The Jagdtiger used 2 components, the projectile and the propellant which had to be 'loaded' seperately.  This slows down reload time.  I am not sure if the Russians 152 did the same?  Mind you, at that calibre, that's some serious ordnance to lug about!

If this is the case, then it is a pain for the Russian player.  How do you 'tell' it to ceasefire?  Defend?  Ambush? ...?

#7: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm
    —
I believe this is addressed in the beta patch for CoI

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2283793

#8: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:34 pm
    —
I don't see anything in the beta patch description that matches that error??? But it is worth trying to see if it does fix it....

#9: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 pm
    —
As I remember it is an undocumented fix.... but please test.

#10: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 am
    —
Just tested patched and unpatched versions of CoI.

It is fixed in the patch and due to a glitch in the cc3.exe

i wonder what else was changed/fixed added/removed that was undocumented.

maybe a cookie for the person who makes the longest list?

#11: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:27 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Just tested patched and unpatched versions of CoI.

It is fixed in the patch and due to a glitch in the cc3.exe

i wonder what else was changed/fixed added/removed that was undocumented.

maybe a cookie for the person who makes the longest list?

I sense a disturbance in the force.

#12: Re: KV-2 not reloading Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 am
    —
Thanks for checking/confirming it was fixed schrecken!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1