Problems installing Stalingrad
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Problems installing Stalingrad Author: Fallshirmjeager82 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 am
    —
First off, let me say I already read the other posts of the people having the same problem and they didnt help. I will try to explain everything I did so hopefully I can narrow down the problem. I am running windows Vista and I have an English version of CC5.

I downloaded the mod and followed the instructions and recieved the infamous: failed to copy systems\packages\stalingradv1.2\cc5.exe to C:\Programfiles\SSI\CloseCombatInvasionNormandy\CC%.exe (error code=5)

I then unistalled/removed/deleted everything and started from the begining. I reinstalled the game and downloaded the patch then restarted my computer. I then downloaded the config manager.*I noticed the SYSTEMS folder was not present when I opened the config folder at this point*. Next I downloaded Stalingrad Version 1.2 and unzipped it. It unzipped to my unzipped folder so I moved the PLN file to the Pluggins folder. *The systems folder is now in the Config folder*.Then I downloaded the maps pack and unzipped it as well. It unzipped into my unzipped folder so I copied and pasted all the maps into the maps folder of CC5.Next, I did the video file as well. I went back to the Config folder and clicked on CfgV13.exe, then clicked the PLN file and clicked install and I recieved the same message.

The Systems folder contains both Originals and Packages folders and both Normandy and Stalingrad .exe files are present.

Any help would be a GREATLY appreciated

#2:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:08 pm
    —
Hi

Take a look at this topic, then click on the link I provided in my post.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=27762&highlight=#27762

#3:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 pm
    —
If you installed CC5 to another directory than the default one suggested by the installer, you can also use this fixed patch installer to patch it to 5.01a. Download
After doing so, the plugin manager should work correctly.

#4:  Author: Fallshirmjeager82 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:28 pm
    —
The patch is installed and the game works properly with 5.01 showing up on the into screen.

#5:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 pm
    —
The game may work fine, but like you said, when you try to install a plug-in, "Configuration Manager" doesn't recognize that "CC5" is installed. If CC5 is installed into another directory other than the default during installation, "Configuration Manager" wont know where CC5 is. Due to entries pointing to the default installation path in the "registry".

Did you install "CC5" into the "default" directory or did you choose a "custom" installation path?. If so, you need to enter the registry, with the "Registry Editor" & change the installation path according to where you installed it.

#6:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:09 am
    —
Error code 5, this has come up a few times since Vista.

Run Config Manager with admin privs and try again, and get back to us on results.

#7:  Author: Fallshirmjeager82 PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm
    —
Running Config Manager with admin priviliges did the trick! Thanks. The game was installed in the default file.

#8:  Author: Fallshirmjeager82 PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:17 am
    —
Where does everybody go for h2h?

#9:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:57 am
    —
CC5 @ Gamespy

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1