CCV Berlin german S vetmod 3.3
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

#1: CCV Berlin german S vetmod 3.3 Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:13 pm
    —
Hi all
here the latest developed of my vetmod, now ai have more fast and furious, I think more so it is difficult. Added also Ifni's RwA. See readme for details.
nb music file no added for over sizes upload.

CC5 Battle of Berlin S german vetmod 3.3.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CC5 Battle of Berlin S german vetmod 3.3.zip
 Filesize:  822.75 KB
 Downloaded:  720 Time(s)

#2:  Author: Pzt_RasalomLocation: Brisbane, Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 am
    —
how do i install this vetmod

#3:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:20 am
    —
Pzt_Rasalom wrote:
how do i install this vetmod

Simply overwrite existing files.
Do a copy of previous files. Smile

#4:  Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 pm
    —
Many thanks for your continuing updates to the VetMods for Battle of Berlin.

This last one is really great!

#5:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:04 pm
    —
Thx
I think it is the last, best so ... I hope someone can translate it into WAR Very Happy

#6:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:55 pm
    —
Here a shot of the final stages of gc, the Moltke bridge. I'm reading these days a new biography of the "Charlemagne" by M. Afiero and these simulations of close combat make it a good idea of the fighting done in berlin

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
russian conquest vl
 Filesize:  220.74 KB
 Viewed:  16128 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
russian advance under smoke
 Filesize:  221.64 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
mg storm on russian attack, Hj destroy isu and sniper cover
 Filesize:  221.81 KB

UO0001.jpg

#7:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:03 pm
    —
follows

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
situation at apr 30, 3 maps and very few men remains, Götterdämmerung incoming
 Filesize:  144.13 KB
 Viewed:  16124 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
mg destroyed russian infantry and suffer air strike reaction
 Filesize:  225.44 KB
 Viewed:  16124 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

#8:  Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:37 pm
    —
Hi, don't know if I'm stupid or just a newbi (might even be a stupid newbi...) Smile

I'd really wants to try this mod, but I don't get where I'm supposed to to replace the files... Tried the BoB folder in the Config Manager, but nothing happened. Am I supposed to mess with the original installation? Confused

#9:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:00 am
    —
Make a backup of the original adb files in:
<Drive>:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Data\Base
...and replace them with the adb files from CC5 Battle of Berlin S german vetmod 3.3.zip by Salhexe.

#10:  Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:46 am
    —
Thx. Smile

Then I copied "GC germ S vet 3.3 d" to campaigns and the CC5 file as well, hope it works now! Smile

#11:  Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:12 am
    —
Still having one prob. with this mod... Crying or Very sad

I prefer to rename my units in order to keep track of 1st and 2nd platoon, but when I do that in 3.3 GC it crashes as soon as I tries to leave Force selection of the first battle. Is there anything to do about this? Sad

#12:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:45 pm
    —
Hi
if you speak about rename teams in battlegroup screen, I have no problems.

#13:  Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:19 pm
    —
Now it works flawless, even when I'm renaming the units in the battlegroup screan, maybe just some "first-map sickness"... Confused

It's a great mod salhexe! :ok2
With your time hidden file, it makes a great, fun and exciting game with everything you can wish for!! You really have to think, both in the strat. movement and while deploying.

Guess I'm going to waste a lot of time on this one... Very Happy

#14:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:14 pm
    —
Here the final result of the gc.
My last 1 zugfuhertrupp (1 man) and a aufklarer (3 men) still hold a piece of the map Reichstag and 3 vl at the end of hostilities, this is a result that reflects the historical reality.
Notes gc: after a brief resistance on the Seelow heights, I withdrew the units on a line from Alt Ranft to Fürstenwalde until April 25 when I bled forces were swept away to the south and I had to withdraw hastily in the middle but without success to have a closed perimeter, but still managed to arrive at the end of the campaign.
Form a line blocking with 4 maps help you, since then the Russian drive to the west outside supply (not realistic) but then when the Russians smashing it faces heavy losses and the impossibility of reconstructing a front, perhaps better to retire in good order within the city and resist excessive, what we try in the next gc.
settings: to recruit hero vs, time hidden used

Appunti01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.06 KB
 Viewed:  15984 Time(s)

Appunti01.jpg

#15:  Author: flick PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:50 pm
    —
No matter how good the mod, I always lose interest by halfway through the campaign, because being the defender can be so slow.

I should say, that I've only played battle of berlin, without the vet-mods and updates, because I'm not sure how to add them to the files.

#16:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:17 am
    —
flick wrote:

I should say, that I've only played battle of berlin, without the vet-mods and updates, because I'm not sure how to add them to the files.

For this vetmod:
overwrite exe in main folder, the adb files in data/base and btds in maps folder, campaign in campaign folder.
Save existing files.

#17:  Author: jc_von_preussen PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 pm
    —
salhexe wrote (View Post):
flick wrote:

For this vetmod:
overwrite exe in main folder, the adb files in data/base and btds in maps folder, campaign in campaign folder.
Save existing files.

Hey, I would be most happy to play your submod. Yet, as it is now, I really dont want to try to install it. Yes I'm lazy. But I just dont get it why you dont want to use the cfg manager ?

Hoepfully you could create a prpoer install, or something easier to get to work ?

Thx in advance.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1