Resolution problem on menu screens
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: Resolution problem on menu screens Author: TheTomDude PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 pm
    —
Hi

I just bought the game via Digital River and I found out that I have a problem with the resolution on the main screen, incl. the strat map and battlegroup screen and every menu except the battle itself.

I got a ATI Radeon HD 4850 card. It seems that the 1024x748 resolution is not supported very good anymore by my gc because the 1280x1024 resolution during the battle looks fine. The rest looks blurred and there seems to be no way to change the menu resolutions.

Is there any way to display the menu screens in 1280x1024? It really looks ugly and takes a lot of fun from playing the game. Or do you guys have any idea to tweak the gc to display the lower 1024x768 sharper?

I really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Tom

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:53 am
    —
Am I correct to assume that the menu screens are displayed stretched without black borders on your screen?
ATI cards have that option, right? NVidia scaling doesn't seem to work Sad

#3:  Author: TheTomDude PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:24 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Am I correct to assume that the menu screens are displayed stretched without black borders on your screen?
ATI cards have that option, right? NVidia scaling doesn't seem to work Sad

No I have those black borders which is another thing I don't like and never had with CC4/5. But the UI screen itself is grainy and blurry which makes it really ugly. It might have something to do with either the monitor (Acer AL1703) or the cable between monitor and gc. I'am no computer pro but I see "DVI analog" on the cable which I hope is the right one. I did not have problems with the older CC5/4 with the same hardware setup so I'm a bit confused.

#4:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:38 am
    —
Ahh...I thought you could override the black borders Sad
As for your problem with the blurry/grainy UI screen...have you tried playing around with your graphics card display scaling settings?

#5:  Author: TheTomDude PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:11 am
    —
Well I tried different resolutions, but the gc res. only changes the desktop resolution. Not the ingame UI resolution. Which leads to....nothing unfortunately. I also tried to "force programs to use a specific resolution". As expected, it didn't work. Sad

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know. Problem resolved. Bought me a new monitor. Game works fine. Very Happy Thx

Tom

#6:  Author: basilioLocation: Italy PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 pm
    —
Hello!
I have exactly the same problem here, with an ATI card.
Even after enabling the upscaling option through the ATI control panel, averything (apart from the ingame battle) is blurred, and has black borders all around.
In the CCWAR options menu I selected 1280*1024 resolution.
Any fix available?
Strange thing is that, as posted above, CCV works (and looks) fine!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1