Some comments and questions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Afrika 40'41

#1: Some comments and questions Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:56 pm
    —
I'm really enjoying this mod, it's a little known (at least for me) part ofthe war,, and an interesting one, it prompted me to do some research. But I have a few questions about the battlegroup composition and vehicle weapons. (I'm playing with Salhex's vetmod and GC, and I'm on day 2 of the campaign.)

1) Why are there flamethrowers on the CO Bren carriers? I would assume that the weapon (if any) would be a Bren gun, which to me is much more useful with the long Line of vision in this mod.

2) Why are there no infantry command squads in the first battlegroups? My command vehicles are taking a huge beating, and sometimes don't last thirty seconds if I try to advance them with my infantry. I've found them with ReqEdit.

If the above questions are because of historical accuracy, then never mind my questions, since I haven't done much research, but I was curious. Thanks alot for the great mod!

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:54 am
    —
Good questions. It would make sense that the CO's carrier not have a flamethrower.

#3:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 pm
    —
Quote:
If the above questions are because of historical accuracy, then never mind my questions

On the contrary your quite right, as the wasp bren carrier was only introduced in the British and Canadian armies in 1944, being used in both Italy and Normandy.

Ref:- Encyclopedia of tanks and armoured fighting vehicles....Chris. Foss 2002.

Cheers
Ronson

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Afrika 40'41

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1