Cleaning up my registry...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Cleaning up my registry... Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 pm
    —
I have a pain in the ass problem: I had al of my mods running great, was playing Afrika40-41 when I decided to change some of the vehicles with QClone. Made a mistake (but things still ran fine), but overwriting with my backup file didn't work. So I tried a complete uninstall and after doing it ten times, running CCleaner, going through the registry manually (everything mentioned on this forum) and here is the problem:

I do a good clean reinstall of CCV and everything is perfect. But when I install the 5.01 patch, all of my Allied units revert back to the Afrika40-41 mod. I assume there is a registry entry that I'm not deleting. If anyone can point me in the right direction for all the registry entries or tell me of a good free registry cleaner (I've use CCleaner) I would appreciate it. A reformat of my HD is kind of out of the question right now.

#2:  Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:21 am
    —
I fixed it. I used Advanced Uninstaller Pro (which is a great program) to uninstall everything. the mod manager leaves a lot of temp files kicking around, I think that was the problem. Live and learn, hopefully this post helps someone in the future.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1