CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:45 pm
    —
Thanks to CSO_Linebacker, today I can tell you that I will make one A Bridge Too Far mod for WAR. It will have many good things from the CC5 version and many new things like a new strategic map. I have made it manually and it took me 8 hours by the moment (it is not fully complete). I´m a bit tired from add coordinates on StratMap.txt but I´m sure that I will end it soon.

I think that it can help you if you are thinking add your mod on WAR, it proof that it is possible.

About the new ABTF, I wait with goodluck end it on two months. I want end other proyects and I have not all the full time for it. On CC I will release on next days probably one new VetBoB and one Veteran mod, both different but very funny mods.

It is all by the moment, more soon.

Last edited by Nomada_Firefox on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 am; edited 3 times in total

#2:  Author: Panzergrenadier87Location: Birmingham, UK PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:46 am
    —
Awesome: I'll definitely be looking forward to this one.

#3:  Author: flick PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:23 am
    —
You'll finish it in 2 months? Wow, some people have been working projects for two years.

#4:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:18 pm
    —
Two months making the strategic map probably. Working 8 hours all the days with the exception from weekends.

And it is a conversion mod from CC5, I was working on CC5 ABTF more of one year many time ago.

#5:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:29 pm
    —
Great, looking forward to it! Will there be new maps or just the old ones from CC2?

Mats

#6:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:41 pm
    —
Old maps. New maps take many time and I like the old. The new AI on old small maps can be very powerfull.

#7:  Author: flick PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:44 pm
    —
Ah, so the new AI, will be interesting to see. Do we get coordinated attacks in WAR?

#8:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:31 pm
    —
Great news, Firefox! I look forward to this mod!

#9:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:51 am
    —
nice one firefox, keep it up!

It will be a long time til we get to Arnhem tho!

#10:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:15 pm
    —
More news, because the strategy map is too small for a complete theater of Market Garden Operation, I have divided it on two parts, Eindoven on one section, Nijmegen and Arhem on other section. It is the best that I can make with this strategic map on WAR.
It is one small image from my last work, it is not complete, and it will be more beautiful than now.

#11:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:27 pm
    —
I thought you could make the stratmap any dimensions you wanted? Or is it just because it would be so tall and skinny that it wouldn't work?

#12:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:27 pm
    —
You can make one strategy map with one, two or 64 maps but the size from it is always the same.

ABTF strategy map has 30 maps only.

#13:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:39 am
    —
I would like inform you that this mod go to take me more time, I have been ended other proyects and I do not wait end it soon. One month working all the days is my best date for it.

#14:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:36 am
    —
Hi Firefox,

is this mod a remake of your CC5 ABTF mod (CC3 maps) or a new version with new maps?

#15:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:54 pm
    —
Yes, it is a remake from my CC5 ABTF.

#16:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:16 pm
    —
Congratulations on modding the Wacht am Rhein stratmap! Isn't that a first? If so, it clears a logjam.

Don't suppose you can tell us how you did it?!

#17:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:34 am
    —
CSO_Talorgan wrote:
Congratulations on modding the Wacht am Rhein stratmap! Isn't that a first? If so, it clears a logjam.

Don't suppose you can tell us how you did it?!

Thanks but I have not ended it. I need more free time.

About how I made it, CSO_Linebacker was making one guide, he did not complete it but he could send me the files, next I ended the puzzle looking for hours the files and testing all the changes. Really it is not too difficult, you only need photoshop, one notepad and free time, it is a chinese work. I would like explain you how I made it but english is not my language and it can be a little hard to me. I recomend you ask to CSO_Linebacker about the guide, if he agrees, I can send you the files.

#18:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I recomend you ask to CSO_Linebacker about the guide, if he agrees, I can send you the files.

OK

Cheers!

#19:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 am
    —
Cant wait to see the mod FF

#20:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:40 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
Cant wait to see the mod FF

Buh this time goes slow, I would like release first one Veteran mod, a non realistic Ardennes Offensive but with all the good units made by TT. And I would like to see the new patch.

#21:  Author: JonPL PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:22 am
    —
I felt nice warm inside when I saw the name of the topic. Can't wait for the mod, too.

#22:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 am
    —
Some news here. With the release from the new CC5 Longest Day and a new CC2 soon (perhaps this year), I´m thinking on stop my proyect, I always have been a very logic man and I´m starting to see more logic to wait to the new CC2 and to make on it a faster and easier Veteran mod. On this moment, I´m very busy with my Star Wars Empire at War mods and I do not see me working on CC before two months or more. I do not go to tell you "It is stopped" but I can not promise nothing. Sorry but there are not free time for all.

#23:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:08 am
    —
I agree with you, Firefox...
If the CC2 rerelease is the same as CCWAR and CTLD (based on the expanded CC5 engine)...then there's no need for an ABTF mod.

#24:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:30 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
I agree with you, Firefox...
If the CC2 rerelease is the same as CCWAR and CTLD (based on the expanded CC5 engine)...then there's no need for an ABTF mod.

Yes, I think the same reading about the "rest" option on CCTLD. Now I´m thinking buy it and perhaps to make one fast new mod on it, perhaps one Invasion Normandy 1944 and 1946, probably it would be a faster and better option.

#25:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:28 am
    —
Are you shure that a cc2 remake is planed? What about a CC1 remake? I have only information about CC5 Smile

#26:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 am
    —
Wittmann44 wrote:
Are you shure that a cc2 remake is planed? What about a CC1 remake? I have only information about CC5 Smile

I can confirm you it at 100%.

#27:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:49 am
    —
Well, I have some good news, looking the new TLD, I have chosen continue my ABTF mod for WAR. On this moment to me, it is the best plattform and I would like play the game with the small and fun (at least for me) original CC2 maps.

And speaking from progress, I have completed the new elements.txt file with success and I wait start soon to import all the data from the CC5 version, I wait make it very fast, next, I will end the strategic map. About screens.......I do not know what I go to make with them, I like the green but I can import all the old blue CC5 screens, perhaps on a first moment I maintein the original WAR green colors.

Well, now if I can, I wait work on it one or two days at least per week, it is not too much but I can not spend more free time on it but I want end it because usually I always end my proyects sooner or later. Razz

Special thanks to Sapa by give me a new goal.Wink

#28:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:45 am
    —
You are welcome! but i really think you should wait if its true there will be a updated version of CC2 Wink

Cant wait to see how they will solve the bridge blowing, and i think that CC2 will be the best of the reworked games!

Mats

#29:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:51 pm
    —
Sapa wrote:
You are welcome! but i really think you should wait if its true there will be a updated version of CC2 Wink

Cant wait to see how they will solve the bridge blowing, and i think that CC2 will be the best of the reworked games!

Mats

Well, one good point on this re-editions, you can use the mod on all them with no changes or little changes. But looking TLD, probably I will not like the CC2 re-edition. Even people have told me that TLD AI is worse than on WAR........and the new maps........all them are bad code, even the GJS and B.O maps. By it and because I have the WAR game, I go to make the mod for WAR and not for the rest of re-editions. I do not go to put one single dollar more on matrix hands by the moment only because they want make three games with one game. Rolling Eyes

#30:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:18 pm
    —
Didnt CC2 also allow ones vehicles to go both over and under bridges?

#31:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:43 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
Didnt CC2 also allow ones vehicles to go both over and under bridges?

Yes i think so!

#32:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:57 pm
    —
CC2 had somethings that we did not see more on CC like it and destroy bridges.

Speaking about mod, I have made the 99% of the data, I need fix some bad things from the my old CC5 data and they will be ready. About the fpools SAPA, I convert them on one hour. Wink

#33:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:50 pm
    —
"About the fpools SAPA, I convert them on one hour."

Dont forget any as you did last time...

#34:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:04 pm
    —
Hmm...is this now turning into a competition on how fast you can convert a mod? What's the prize? Free upgrade vouchers from Matrix? Very Happy Wink

The WAR FP text/excel file is strange...you have to manually edit the thing...it's designed different from the original FP adb. The other data files...you can just cut-and-paste from CC5 adbs and then do some minor adjusting...10-15 mins and you're done.

#35:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:45 pm
    —
I prefer the .txt for normal data. On the other side, I can't imagine editing Fpools and other strategic minigame stuff without a dedicated editor.

#36:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:34 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Hmm...is this now turning into a competition on how fast you can convert a mod? What's the prize? Free upgrade vouchers from Matrix? Very Happy Wink

Well, I think that I won many time ago. Razz But usually I do not compete by things. About Matrix...........I only have received TLD publicity. Mad
Quote:

The WAR FP text/excel file is strange...you have to manually edit the thing...it's designed different from the original FP adb. The other data files...you can just cut-and-paste from CC5 adbs and then do some minor adjusting...10-15 mins and you're done.

For me the WAR workbook is better than Qclone, you have all on one file, you can copy a past very fast and you have the formulas, with them you can make better your work.

#37:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:52 am
    —
Yes...but the FP file is different to the original adb...meaning that you have to be very careful when cut-and-pasting from adb data.
You've never used BGEdit? That's at least 10X better than Excel for FP editing Wink

#38:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:35 pm
    —
Quote:
You've never used BGEdit? That's at least 10X better than Excel for FP editing

Bg tool is a good tool when you do not know how a excell can be used. I used it on the past but I did not like it because it is not perfect.

The fpools can be a little different but they are not worse, if you know how the game works and you import the things from other data well done, you will have not problems and you will can continue updating your fpools better than on the old adb files.

About CC and modding, I think that or most of the people is too young modding CC games or they have not seen how other games are, many or probably all the new games have thousands of xml or txt files for data and there are not a complete excell workbook. When you know these differences, you will like the excell workbook more than other old things. Specially that I like buy more a game that I can mod the first day that a game with stranges files without a tool for edit them.

#39:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:09 am
    —
Well, I have been working on the strategic map and I have changed the strategic main layer by third time. I have choosen it, I have divided the 3 main sections from all operation market garden looking for the biggest area for all the maps.

It is not fully ended but you can take a preview of the final work. Perhaps it is not impressive but it runs and it can be made on few days and it is more important for me, specially when I go to share it free around the world. Wink

#40:  Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:29 am
    —
looks great! im very exited for the release of this mod

#41:  Author: Fatboy PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:22 pm
    —
Yep really looking forward to this one.

I've spent far too many hours on your Bulge Mod for WAR, much to the annoyance of my Mrs. Laughing Excellent and very enjoyable.

Keep up the good work.

#42: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:45 am
    —
Soon you will see this mod, I´m working very very fast. Of course probably I will release one alpha version first.
Here one battle preview with the vehicles that I have added from TT´s CC4 veteran mods (without snow). The same from my mod Invasion Normandy 1944.

El fighter from shot is a BF110.

#43: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:38 am
    —
Sorry but the maps are just way to dated to make this mod any fun.
Best bet is to import one of the good CCV mods and just wait for the CC2 re-release,it was mentioned in the WAR forums at Matrix that it's going to be done.

#44: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:31 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Best bet is to import one of the good CCV mods and just wait for the CC2 re-release,it was mentioned in the WAR forums at Matrix that it's going to be done.

It is a matter of opinions, I like the old cc2 maps, they are small and very good with the war ai, personally big maps with 15 teams is not good. About CC2 release, I knew about it the past year but on this moment, I only have war and I´m making my mod with it.

Speaking from other things, I will use the TLD uniforms. I have asked to Schrecken and there is not problems with it. Perhaps I will add some UK airplane from it. But no more, vehicles are TT vehicles from the old CC4 veteran, they have not snow cammo and they are perfect for this.

#45: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:32 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

It is a matter of opinions, I like the old cc2 maps, they are small and very good with the war ai, personally big maps with 15 teams is not good. About CC2 release, I knew about it the past year but on this moment, I only have war and I´m making my mod with it.

I don't think PM is referring to the small maps...but rather to the dated map graphics and textures.
I think Mafi posted some new CC2 expansion maps with more modern textures.

Quote:

Speaking from other things, I will use the TLD uniforms. I have asked to Schrecken and there is not problems with it. Perhaps I will add some UK airplane from it. But no more, vehicles are TT vehicles from the old CC4 veteran, they have not snow cammo and they are perfect for this.

Uniforms? Do you mean the Rank Graphics or the Soldier Uniforms (soldier color)?  The stock CCTLD uniforms are from stock Atomic CC5...rather bland and not historical (those light gray Germans and light green US troops  Smile )...even the Brit uniforms are a bit off IMHO.

#46: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:08 pm
    —
Quote:
I think Mafi posted some new CC2 expansion maps with more modern textures.

I have not seen nothing and I work with the stuff that I know. I do not be waiting to end the mod more, I wait end it on one or two weeks.

Quote:
Uniforms? Do you mean the Rank Graphics or the Soldier Uniforms (soldier color)?  The stock CCTLD uniforms are from stock Atomic CC5...rather bland and not historical (those light gray Germans and light green US troops  Smile )...even the Brit uniforms are a bit off IMHO.

How many uniforms.txt do you know on game? Rolling Eyes I´m not making a new game, I´m making a complete mod from a old great game, some that we have not seen on many time.

#47: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:31 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):

Quote:

How many uniforms.txt do you know on game? Rolling Eyes I´m not making a new game, I´m making a complete mod from a old great game, some that we have not seen on many time.

The CC5uniformsmod by Dreaded88 has much better looking historical uniforms.  Utah, Bloody Omaha and GJS also use historical uniforms.
VetBoB's uniforms are also very nice.

#48: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:48 am
    —
Well, I have ended the screens, of course I have not deleted the snow because it would be too heavy work for me, specially when there are other easier options but they are more ABTF. It is one example.

Now I must end some graphics, sounds and little more.

#49: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 am
    —
You're using the "snow" interface?
Why not use the reg CC5 interface...just need some minor work on the mainscreens...the rest works fine without editing.

#50: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
You're using the "snow" interface?
Why not use the reg CC5 interface...just need some minor work on the mainscreens...the rest works fine without editing.

Because it gives problems on multiplayer, it is not at 100% equal. But if you want try, you can make it, I can give you all my stuff. Personally the best option was the TLD but I have not money for it. The second option can be the new CC2 when it be released. But I´m happy playing a new mod on WAR, it is free and it runs very well.

#51: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:27 am
    —
How can changed graphics have any effect on Multiplayer? Both players are using the same graphics or?? Confused

#52: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:57 am
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
How can changed graphics have any effect on Multiplayer? Both players are using the same graphics or?? Confused

Because screens and buttons are no the same at 100% and game gives errors sometimes. If you had made a mod changing all, you had seen it.;)

Of course, I repeat, if somebody wants edit it, he will be free for it but I do not go to put all my free time on edit 1000 tga or more.

#53: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:45 pm
    —
Changed colours on all graphics in Battle of Berlin from blue to green...

and now with the easy modded txt files you should have the sparetime to change the graphics to! Wink

#54: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:14 pm
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
Changed colours on all graphics in Battle of Berlin from blue to green...

and now with the easy modded txt files you should have the sparetime to change the graphics to! Wink

Very funny,  Rolling Eyes if you want make a comparation with a bad joke, first you should see that I have made it on the past on CC5 and WAR. Next you should see that I do not make mods only for CC games.

And next you should see you on a mirror. Rolling Eyes

#55: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:30 am
    —
done!

ghosts6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.04 KB
 Viewed:  7699 Time(s)

ghosts6.jpg

#56: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:13 am
    —
Hey Firefox, do you plan to make this mod PLAYABLE? jejejejejejejeje  Laughing

Using cc2 maps is no good!

#57: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:22 am
    —
Troger wrote (View Post):
Hey Firefox, do you plan to make this mod PLAYABLE? jejejejejejejeje  Laughing

Using cc2 maps is no good!

Yes, people will play it soon.

The unique no good is to read the people writting stupid comments when they have not made absolutely nothing like this on WAR. Your stupid child comments do not help. It is a mod and it is free.

#58: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Doramas PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:03 pm
    —
Go on Firefox, you are one of the best cc series modders, remember that. And we need no so bigs maps, is close combat, not "distance combat"

#59: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:57 pm
    —
Doramas wrote (View Post):
Go on Firefox, you are one of the best cc series modders, remember that. And we need no so bigs maps, is close combat, not "distance combat"

I agree with all  Cool specially with the last.

#60: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm
    —
I have been thing and I go to use the old CC5 blue. Probably next when I end this mod, I will use it for other more. Wink

#61: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 pm
    —
Here one upgrade, the trees are not like on the original CC2 with their shadows, thanks to Mafi CC2Spriter tool. Of course I have added the CC5 blue screens, no more green.

#62: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Panzergrenadier87Location: Birmingham, UK PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:39 pm
    —
Looking really awesome!

Probably a silly question, but is there any chance the CC2 maps will be included in a .zip with the download? Just as a point of interest.

Keep on keeping on!

#63: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm
    —
Panzergrenadier87 wrote (View Post):
Looking really awesome!

Probably a silly question, but is there any chance the CC2 maps will be included in a .zip with the download? Just as a point of interest.

Keep on keeping on!

Probably not, specially because they are the same from CC5 version the size from the mod file would be too big for me.

#64: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am
    —
The 1.0 version can be downloaded on www.FirefoxCCMods.com or www.ClanNomada.com , I have compressed all the mod + all the neccesary maps, over 129MB but you will not need additional downloads. Only one tip more, the mod has not been too tested and probably it has some error that I do not know. Perhaps it could be better but I found it fun. Thanks to all the people who they helped me with it.

#65: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 am
    —
Well done firefox.

Just played the first battle of the GC... sweet!

#66: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 pm
    —
Nice mod! but... even if Horrocks XXX reinforce shouldnt there be UK infantry? (Picture 1)

Polish paratroopers has USA flag? (Picture 2)

abtf2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.27 KB
 Viewed:  8800 Time(s)

abtf2.jpg

btf 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.9 KB
 Viewed:  8800 Time(s)

btf 1.jpg

#67: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:06 pm
    —
Quote:
Nice mod! but... even if Horrocks XXX reinforce shouldnt there be UK infantry? (Picture 1)

and many other things should not be there Smile.

#68: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 pm
    —
Bug report

Shell craters are coded as stone windows

#69: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 pm
    —
Quote:
and many other things should not be there

that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...   Rolling Eyes

#70: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:44 pm
    —
tip for noobs.

try and add details to bug reports as this can help modders create a quality release.. even a screenshot can help.

Welcome aboard anyway, hope you are enjoying the game.

#71: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm
    —
Quote:
that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...

ohh, sorry, i always keep forgeting that i talk to amateurs.

here you are:

Sherman 76mm - should not be there.
Daimler IV - there wasn't such vehicle in service.
M3 HT - wasn't supplied to UK.
Brits didn't use mounted 3inch mortars .

there are more on same picture Smile.

#72: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm
    —
oh cheers, that's a good start , thanks for taking my advice.

It's great when someone contributes something positive in a post.

Oh... you've lost your sig.

What a tosser.

#73: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...

ohh, sorry, i always keep forgeting that i talk to amateurs.

here you are:

Sherman 76mm - should not be there.
Daimler IV - there wasn't such vehicle in service.
M3 HT - wasn't supplied to UK.
Brits didn't use mounted 3inch mortars .

there are more on same picture Smile.

Well you would be correct if the ABTF mod was not a conversion from the old CC2 ABTF + CC5 ABTF Mod to the CCWAR. Wink

#74: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:30 pm
    —
Quote:
Well you would be correct if

not wishing to put too finer point on it but, there is no question of if, Dima is absolutely correct........

The Sherman 76mm was never issued to British forces,
Daimler IV is a figment of someones imagination, there were only 2 marks of the vehicle ever produced.
M3 Halftracks were not used by the British army, with or without mortars. the halftrack used was generally the M5 or M9, some M14 were used mainly as command vehicles.

Surely if you are going to go to the considerable trouble of transferring or converting a mod over to WaR, or any other game, is it not worth correcting the earlier mistakes beforehand?

Simply to portray XXX Corps with a collection of never used or non-existant vehicles seems a tiny bit pointless, but maybe I'm too fussy with the historical detail.

If you are unsure of the troop/vehicle types in use, many people here would be willing to check these details for you should you ask.

Good Luck with your future activities Smile

Cheers
Ronson

#75: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: yuma PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 pm
    —
its a game and i enjoy it as such.
if there is something i don't like i have a solution....q-clone and a couple of hours works miracles.

#76: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: yuma PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:42 pm
    —
or in the case of WAR....notepad and a couple of hours works just as well.

#77: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:35 pm
    —
Quote:
not wishing to put too finer point on it but, there is no question of if, Dima is absolutely correct........

Only if you see the mod like a some different from my original idea and my original ideas was to make a CC2 ABTF on CC WAR, nothing more.

Quote:
Surely if you are going to go to the considerable trouble of transferring or converting a mod over to WaR, or any other game, is it not worth correcting the earlier mistakes beforehand?

It depends from if you like the final work. I like it, it is fun. Perhaps if I would see other mods like this converted for WAR, I would can tell you other thing but not too more people have made more stuff. Wink

Quote:
if there is something i don't like i have a solution....q-clone and a couple of hours works miracles.

Well, you can start, I do not go to work more on it. But you can use my work, it would not difficult from the first moment that you have all the strategy map and more, all made manually without strange tools, only photoshop. Wink

#78: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Doramas PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 pm
    —
Installing the mod, if someone want to start a GC, join me in Hamachi.
Net: doramass51
pw: 12

#79: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Doramas PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm
    —
In the first map we had a crash, no idea why.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1