CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#61: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 pm
    —
Here one upgrade, the trees are not like on the original CC2 with their shadows, thanks to Mafi CC2Spriter tool. Of course I have added the CC5 blue screens, no more green.

#62: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Panzergrenadier87Location: Birmingham, UK PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:39 pm
    —
Looking really awesome!

Probably a silly question, but is there any chance the CC2 maps will be included in a .zip with the download? Just as a point of interest.

Keep on keeping on!

#63: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm
    —
Panzergrenadier87 wrote (View Post):
Looking really awesome!

Probably a silly question, but is there any chance the CC2 maps will be included in a .zip with the download? Just as a point of interest.

Keep on keeping on!

Probably not, specially because they are the same from CC5 version the size from the mod file would be too big for me.

#64: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am
    —
The 1.0 version can be downloaded on www.FirefoxCCMods.com or www.ClanNomada.com , I have compressed all the mod + all the neccesary maps, over 129MB but you will not need additional downloads. Only one tip more, the mod has not been too tested and probably it has some error that I do not know. Perhaps it could be better but I found it fun. Thanks to all the people who they helped me with it.

#65: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 am
    —
Well done firefox.

Just played the first battle of the GC... sweet!

#66: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 pm
    —
Nice mod! but... even if Horrocks XXX reinforce shouldnt there be UK infantry? (Picture 1)

Polish paratroopers has USA flag? (Picture 2)

abtf2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.27 KB
 Viewed:  8729 Time(s)

abtf2.jpg

btf 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.9 KB
 Viewed:  8729 Time(s)

btf 1.jpg

#67: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:06 pm
    —
Quote:
Nice mod! but... even if Horrocks XXX reinforce shouldnt there be UK infantry? (Picture 1)

and many other things should not be there Smile.

#68: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 pm
    —
Bug report

Shell craters are coded as stone windows

#69: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 pm
    —
Quote:
and many other things should not be there

that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...   Rolling Eyes

#70: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:44 pm
    —
tip for noobs.

try and add details to bug reports as this can help modders create a quality release.. even a screenshot can help.

Welcome aboard anyway, hope you are enjoying the game.

#71: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm
    —
Quote:
that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...

ohh, sorry, i always keep forgeting that i talk to amateurs.

here you are:

Sherman 76mm - should not be there.
Daimler IV - there wasn't such vehicle in service.
M3 HT - wasn't supplied to UK.
Brits didn't use mounted 3inch mortars .

there are more on same picture Smile.

#72: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm
    —
oh cheers, that's a good start , thanks for taking my advice.

It's great when someone contributes something positive in a post.

Oh... you've lost your sig.

What a tosser.

#73: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...

ohh, sorry, i always keep forgeting that i talk to amateurs.

here you are:

Sherman 76mm - should not be there.
Daimler IV - there wasn't such vehicle in service.
M3 HT - wasn't supplied to UK.
Brits didn't use mounted 3inch mortars .

there are more on same picture Smile.

Well you would be correct if the ABTF mod was not a conversion from the old CC2 ABTF + CC5 ABTF Mod to the CCWAR. Wink

#74: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:30 pm
    —
Quote:
Well you would be correct if

not wishing to put too finer point on it but, there is no question of if, Dima is absolutely correct........

The Sherman 76mm was never issued to British forces,
Daimler IV is a figment of someones imagination, there were only 2 marks of the vehicle ever produced.
M3 Halftracks were not used by the British army, with or without mortars. the halftrack used was generally the M5 or M9, some M14 were used mainly as command vehicles.

Surely if you are going to go to the considerable trouble of transferring or converting a mod over to WaR, or any other game, is it not worth correcting the earlier mistakes beforehand?

Simply to portray XXX Corps with a collection of never used or non-existant vehicles seems a tiny bit pointless, but maybe I'm too fussy with the historical detail.

If you are unsure of the troop/vehicle types in use, many people here would be willing to check these details for you should you ask.

Good Luck with your future activities Smile

Cheers
Ronson

#75: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: yuma PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 pm
    —
its a game and i enjoy it as such.
if there is something i don't like i have a solution....q-clone and a couple of hours works miracles.

#76: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: yuma PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:42 pm
    —
or in the case of WAR....notepad and a couple of hours works just as well.

#77: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:35 pm
    —
Quote:
not wishing to put too finer point on it but, there is no question of if, Dima is absolutely correct........

Only if you see the mod like a some different from my original idea and my original ideas was to make a CC2 ABTF on CC WAR, nothing more.

Quote:
Surely if you are going to go to the considerable trouble of transferring or converting a mod over to WaR, or any other game, is it not worth correcting the earlier mistakes beforehand?

It depends from if you like the final work. I like it, it is fun. Perhaps if I would see other mods like this converted for WAR, I would can tell you other thing but not too more people have made more stuff. Wink

Quote:
if there is something i don't like i have a solution....q-clone and a couple of hours works miracles.

Well, you can start, I do not go to work more on it. But you can use my work, it would not difficult from the first moment that you have all the strategy map and more, all made manually without strange tools, only photoshop. Wink

#78: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Doramas PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 pm
    —
Installing the mod, if someone want to start a GC, join me in Hamachi.
Net: doramass51
pw: 12

#79: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Author: Doramas PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm
    —
In the first map we had a crash, no idea why.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
Page 4 of 4