Pac mod for cc3 problem
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: Bluetiger80Location: Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:33 am
    —
Hi,
I'm trying to install cc3's pac mod but, having installed the maps, used config manager to install the mod, then placed battle and camp-ops data into their respective files, I get the following error message when i click on play a game: "Unable to find operation in data. Please reinstall close combat"

I have reinstalled close combat and i have tried several combinations of installing files in different orders.

Any ideas???

no worries worked it out.

#2:  Author: OldBludandGuts PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:41 am
    —
Well then explain how you worked it out, cause I'm having the same problem!

#3: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: navyass PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:54 am
    —
I'm having the same problem! Why?

#4: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: crp_psm PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:43 am
    —
same problem...what is the fix, please?

#5: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:31 am
    —
Gentlemen,

Try the solution here and report back if that is a workthrough.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7605

#6: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:07 am
    —
That error arise when there are the wrong files in the \data\camp_ops or \data\ops folder.

This is usually because they are not relocated properly by the plugin install.txt

or not removed properly by a previous mods uninstal.txt

The fix is to check those two folders and remove any files that shouldn't be there.

#7: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: navyass PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 am
    —
Thanks Gays! Mod Pacific is started now! Excellent!
Who is ready to play with me? Just I`m play as Japanese

#8: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: ceeker PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:49 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
That error arise when there are the wrong files in the \data\camp_ops or \data\ops folder.

This is usually because they are not relocated properly by the plugin install.txt

or not removed properly by a previous mods uninstal.txt

The fix is to check those two folders and remove any files that shouldn't be there.

Okay, I'm having the same problem, and i've removed all the original CC3 files from the camp_ops and ops folders, replacing them with the ones from the mod. Any further ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

#9: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 am
    —
I just spend 3 hours trying to track down why that bug occurs.

I tried every combination of files in the battles/ops/camp_ops and campaign folder and I still get the error referenced in the first post.

Can anyone get pacmod working?

If so show us your folder and file structure.

#10: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:32 am
    —
Yep, this was a tough one to install, I finally looked at the install.txt in the plug-in and noticed it overwrites a campaign named Hammer and Anvil, this is the Pacific Mod Grand Campaign.

You just have to paste the camp_ops files into your game folder camp_ops, DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING

the battles.zip goes into Close Combat III\Games\Battles and NOT in the Data\BATTLES

Too long; didn't read: DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING, UNZIP CAMP_OPS INTO Close Combat III\Data\CAMP_OPS, PLAY THE CAMPAIGN HAMMER AND ANVIL.

#11: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:41 pm
    —
That worked. Thank you!

#12: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:41 pm
    —
Ok I rewrote the plugin install and uninstal to include the battles and ops. Not a separate install anymore.

Also put together an install guide - http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=139

There should be no more problems getting this one installed.

#13: Re: Pac mod for cc3 problem Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:56 pm
    —
Pac Mod for CC3 is a real classic. Thanks Ron Gretz.

Make a 5 map 15 day Op of Bataan Scenario for some good action.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1