need help with AT guns!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: need help with AT guns!! Author: shah PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:28 pm
    —
Ok even with the patch, any AT gun i put outside of a building is a dead AT gun within 5 mortar shells on average.
I've tried everything: put them next to water, hide them on the board edge, switch from defend to ambush after the first shot ...
the only things that work are using them against units that are out of supply (my opponent tends not to use mortars then) or to just give them such a long and narrow field of fire so they dont get spotted easily (this also makes them less useful)

any ideas?

so many guns lost to mortar fire, it makes me shed a tear Sad

#2:  Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:39 pm
    —
What mod you´re playing? That´s the problem in the regular CCV (mortars too effective).
Try some mod like GJS or Stalingrad.

#3:  Author: shah PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:06 am
    —
I was just playing CC 5.104? i think. It's the regular cc5 with the patch. I play GSJ and there was a HUUUGE difference on how weak mortars were against cannons. oh well. Thanks Tippi-Simo
-s

#4:  Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm
    —
Ideas-

(1) Put them in buildings

(2) Keep them out of obvious locations

(3) Early on in a battle, ONLY use them what their meant for- to engage enemy vehicles that you can't destroy through other means (tanks or hvy APCs). Later in a battle (after the enemy has exhausted his mortars), you can open up on most targets as fire support.

(4) Post security near the gun to protect from overruns.

(5) Think outside of the box

-DD

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1