Unit Strength and a few other questions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Unit Strength and a few other questions Author: LiveFree PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 am
    —
hello everyone...im back!

A few of you may remember me. I used to frequent this place around 1 year ago. Good to be back again. I've got a few things that need answering.

1) How exactly do you determine Tank strength? Does it just come with experience. I know some tanks are supposed to be stronger than others, but is there a way to tell the relative strength of 1 type of tank versus another. For example, I had a Marder against a Sherman. The Marder must've fired 5 shots and nothing happened. Then, the Sherman turned around the blew the crap out of the Marder.

2) I'm a playing GJS as Germans. How can I reinforce units without losing the ground I hold? I tried moving the BG out of the map and simultaneously moving another BG onto the map so I wouldn't lose ground, but VL's were lost. Shouldn't it be possible to move a BG into an area to replace another one?

thanks for helping and just gotta say this is still the best game out there!

#2: Re: Unit Strength and a few other questions Author: Smeulders PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:38 pm
    —
LiveFree wrote:
hello everyone...im back!

A few of you may remember me. I used to frequent this place around 1 year ago. Good to be back again. I've got a few things that need answering.

1) How exactly do you determine Tank strength? Does it just come with experience. I know some tanks are supposed to be stronger than others, but is there a way to tell the relative strength of 1 type of tank versus another. For example, I had a Marder against a Sherman. The Marder must've fired 5 shots and nothing happened. Then, the Sherman turned around the blew the crap out of the Marder.

2) I'm a playing GJS as Germans. How can I reinforce units without losing the ground I hold? I tried moving the BG out of the map and simultaneously moving another BG onto the map so I wouldn't lose ground, but VL's were lost. Shouldn't it be possible to move a BG into an area to replace another one?

thanks for helping and just gotta say this is still the best game out there!

1) Some tanks are just stronger then others. It depends on armour and it's gun. Experience does help in reducing reload times and increasing accuracy.

2) You'll always lose ground when switching BG's

#3: Re: Unit Strength and a few other questions Author: LiveFree PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:34 pm
    —
Smeulders wrote:

1) Some tanks are just stronger then others. It depends on armour and it's gun. Experience does help in reducing reload times and increasing accuracy.

2) You'll always lose ground when switching BG's

1) Yes, but my question is HOW do you determine the strength of one tank fighting against another. Where do I find that information? Is it something you just learn by playing many games?

2) Would disbanding help me to relieve units without losing ground? I just thought there would be a way to rotate BG's without loss of territory.

#4:  Author: 666442 PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:28 am
    —
To get that information, you can get an editor called QClone and open the gun file. It contains information about all the weapons in the game, including parametres such as range, damage, weight, etc. The armour information can be found in the vehicles file.

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:11 am
    —
For tanks...
Of course...you can read-up on WW2 Militaria books...specifically books about WW2 armored warfare.
A generic reference book on WW2 tanks should also help too Wink

#6:  Author: LiveFree PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:41 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
For tanks...
Of course...you can read-up on WW2 Militaria books...specifically books about WW2 armored warfare.
A generic reference book on WW2 tanks should also help too Wink

thnx! i'll have to check one out. Do you have a good link by any chance?

and i guess there is no way to relieve units without losing ground Sad

just curious...hows the mod coming along? Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1