Repeat H2H crash on just one map
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Repeat H2H crash on just one map Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:24 pm
    —
Hi everyone,

My brother posted this on the SDK forum, but as most people tend to stick to these generic forums I shall re-post it here:

"We are playing head to head campaign and KEEP getting crashes on truce or result on the ORLOVKA map (Top right..next to Rynok above Gumrak etc)

When I re downloaded the map so we made sure we both had the same version, both didn't have the .btm (or something) file in the download.

Any ideas whats happening? Whats a correct link for the map so it works, help!

Do I need a special version, what else could be causing it?"

Does anyone have any ideas. It's just this one map and it's killing us.

#2: Re: Repeat H2H crash on just one map Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:16 am
    —
chocoleibniz wrote:
Hi everyone,

My brother posted this on the SDK forum, but as most people tend to stick to these generic forums I shall re-post it here:

"We are playing head to head campaign and KEEP getting crashes on truce or result on the ORLOVKA map (Top right..next to Rynok above Gumrak etc)

When I re downloaded the map so we made sure we both had the same version, both didn't have the .btm (or something) file in the download.

Any ideas whats happening? Whats a correct link for the map so it works, help!

Do I need a special version, what else could be causing it?"

Does anyone have any ideas. It's just this one map and it's killing us.

If the BTD file for the map is missing (every map has one, its the victory locations and the map connections) the game will crash.

I suppose you are using the config manager to install the game?

In this there are two folders, orginal and package. In the package folder there should be a folder called the mod name.

Look in this one and see if you could find mapname.btd file. If its there copy it and place it in your CC 5 maps folder.

Mats

#3:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:29 pm
    —
we have the btd, i copied the same one and we confirmed we have same date and size files

But it still crashes on truce or end battle! What can we do!

#4:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 pm
    —
i did the plugin check system folder, and there were TWO Orlovka files, a .btd and a plain small 9k file.

So thats means I now have 8 orlovka files in my maps folder...

#5:  Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:52 am
    —
sapa,

We seemed to have solved the problem. I don't know how. Thanks for the response.

#6:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:10 am
    —
chocoleibniz wrote:
sapa,

We seemed to have solved the problem. I don't know how. Thanks for the response.

Great! Would be nice to know what the problem was...

Mats

#7:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:15 pm
    —
thanks Sapa!

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1