# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21:  Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:00 am
    —
Okay.. didnt quite stick totally to plan

Well... I made 3 zombie teams..

replacing assualt teams one rated 3 experince, 3 fanatic, one 3 experince 5 fanaitic, lastly 5 experience 5 fanatic...

teams were of 8-9 men.

4 of each team...

zombie melee created line of data, but actually non modfied,, so same as regular mellee, plus no additional armour/protection added.

VS 6 teams of conscript militia russian side, only 3 men per unit.

RR V8, on stock village/town map.

Was suprised, I took each side zombies then rissians.

as zombies I attacked in 3 big waves, I took hits and losses but overwhelmed the russians who once they started gettign pounded actually surrendered.. and zombies easily won

as russians I dug in and despite the lack luster AI, it was tough fighing them.. I basically retreated slowly and hit them when I could, but the fact is they came in rather hard and while I won in the end I had only one team left...

YES.. only one test with each side.. but better than I thought..

Can there be an entire full blown mod?? Well a small mod and I dotn think armour is an option.. theyll never win...

Im thinking that Ill have to make a couple of zomie teams with primary weapon grenades but limited amount.. a zombie cna perhaps throw?? If I keep just mellee temas.. maybe welll keep the russians to conscripts or low level units to keep it even...

well see how further testing goes..

Next Ill do zombie granade teams and try more experienced russian units..

Find screenies.. zombies charge and a team status shot.. notice surrendering Russians...

2.jpg
 Description:
zombies en masse head towards russian conscripts..
 Filesize:  182.59 KB
 Viewed:  2703 Time(s)

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
Russians surrendering in face of the undead..
 Filesize:  133.36 KB
 Viewed:  2703 Time(s)

1.jpg

#22:  Author: Xcrunner173Location: Buffalo PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:58 am
    —
This sounds quite fun. I really appreciate this and can't thank you enough. I did a little thinking on things I would do for a zombie mod if I was able to.

Armor could be included if there was someway to get zombies to melee attack vehicles. Enough hits could result in the vehicle "overturning," forcing the vehicle crew out onto the street to fight a running gunfight.

Also, I figured out that a full mod for CC2 would be hard work, but could take advantage of the current campaign models. The germans could be replaced by national guard and police units who are fighting to hold back a zombie outbreak, a situation that fits with the delaying fighting tactics of A Bridge Too Far.

I ended up buying CC4 too. I won't be able to keep up with the mod since I have basic training soon, but will want to see it when I get done. I would be willing to learn how to make a mod for CC2 or CC4 afterwords. After the mod gets done, it will probably be the deciding factor in buying CC3. Keep up the good work.

#23:  Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:03 pm
    —
Xcrunner173 wrote:
This sounds quite fun. I really appreciate this and can't thank you enough. I did a little thinking on things I would do for a zombie mod if I was able to.

Armor could be included if there was someway to get zombies to melee attack vehicles. Enough hits could result in the vehicle "overturning," forcing the vehicle crew out onto the street to fight a running gunfight.

Also, I figured out that a full mod for CC2 would be hard work, but could take advantage of the current campaign models. The germans could be replaced by national guard and police units who are fighting to hold back a zombie outbreak, a situation that fits with the delaying fighting tactics of A Bridge Too Far.

I ended up buying CC4 too. I won't be able to keep up with the mod since I have basic training soon, but will want to see it when I get done. I would be willing to learn how to make a mod for CC2 or CC4 afterwords. After the mod gets done, it will probably be the deciding factor in buying CC3. Keep up the good work.

I have a couple of non finished CC2 mods... I lvoe CC2, but wonder how many people woudl play it?

I think moving onto CCV is way to go.. a small strat map would be fine, its been done before.

Tough call on CC3, its expensive online and COI is more easily dled after purchase...

Im still not sure if there slong term playability here... but shoudl have fun seeing how it goes...

#24:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:02 pm
    —
couldn't you turn up there likelihood of going beserk to 100% or something?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2