Australian soldier wins VICTORIA CROSS Afghanastan
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Australian soldier wins VICTORIA CROSS Afghanastan Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:48 pm
    —
Say no more

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2008/s2467994.htm

#2:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 pm
    —
absolutely incredible isn't it.

#3:  Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:07 am
    —

More Information:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24923375-601,00.html

#4:  Author: Pzt_RasalomLocation: Brisbane, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:50 pm
    —
congrats trooper! you put your mates first...its the aussie way!
however......you do realise that he now can't do the job he was trained for cos his photo and name are all over the press??

what a waste of skills Sad

#5:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 am
    —
Exactly the same has happened here, Corporal Willy Apiata won the VC in Afghanistan for rescuing his mates under fire, then pretty much because our lesbo ex PM wanted a photo op he was feted by the media and his career is over

#6:  Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:52 am
    —
I always reckoned Helen Clark had balls!!!!!

#7:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 am
    —
Imagine her and Jonny Howard's offspring..................

#8:  Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 am
    —
Gay & Named 2 face no doubt

#9:  Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 am
    —

But seriously

The man is now a national treasure and the Govt dos'nt want a dead hero

He deserves all the allocades he gets and his future after he leaves the forces is assured.

Hell of a way to get it.

Not that they would find out but if the Taliban knew he was back in Afghanistan, which I doubt. The politcal points scring of his demise on the odd chance of his death would be imense. I don't think our Govt would risk it. As was said on an earier post, the govt never exposes the faces of SAS men. That he was in full view of the media I think says it all.

Good luck to him.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1