I'm going crazy.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: I'm going crazy. Author: overfly PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:12 pm
    —
Hi guys, i'm running windows vista...

With a lot of trouble i've installed CC5...

The game starts and when is loading it shows this problem : "Unable to continue play because the disk is full...."

I've read the Guide, i havn't got any mod and have tried to reinstall the game

(This error is generated when map files are missing or corrupt. If the map file is from regular CC5 then you must reinstall.) but it doesn't work!!!

What can i do??? I think i'm going crazy...help me !!! Thx so much

#2:  Author: overfly PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:23 pm
    —
Cmn guys i know that you can help me ! !! Smile

#3:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:31 pm
    —
install virtual pc and run XP on it
then C5 should work

#4:  Author: irrow PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:58 pm
    —
I am having the same problem, what is virtual pc, a free app that comes with vista, or something I have to buy?

#5:  Author: irrow PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:21 pm
    —
ok I downloaded and installed virtual pc and the hotfix for vista...but you have to have an os to install on the virtual pc! I just got a new pc after being a longtime mac user,so I don't have any other pc os...any other ideas?

EDIT OK so I downloaded the demo for cc5 and it works fine, it is just the full version that will not play, when I go to enter the battle I get the not enough disk space error. I checked and there is a temp folder in my cc5 folder.

Note: I am also playing a downloaded version. (I would buy it but I can't seem to find it anywhere! I used to own it but over the years and many moves it got lost or thrown out.)
I wonder if it has something to do with not playing from the cd?

#6:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:13 am
    —
actually no... but you should be able to find CC5 on ebay pretty cheap...

best thing for you is still to get an XP or Win 98 from some friend install it in virtual pc and run you old games through it. Vista is often the only reason old games dont work.

about the "not enough disk space error" browse the forums here, there are other tweaks you might try

#7: Africa 41 corrupt files Author: Warf PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm
    —
Rolling Eyes Why do I get corrupt text files for the africa mod? I'v done the download more than once. Is thier a fix or did I do something wrong .....again.

#8: Re: I'm going crazy. Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 pm
    —
If you have already reinstalled CC5 and played it without mods and you still get the error, try running CC5 as administrator.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1