CC5 and my Linksys BEFW11S4
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CC5 and my Linksys BEFW11S4 Author: JagdBoyLocation: The Left Coast PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:02 am
    —
After several hours of touring the forums, downloading GameSpy, and even talking to Linksys tech support (in India), I still cannot successfully host a game of CC5, either by TCP/IP, or UDP, or at Gamespy...

Shocked

I've got a buddy who ONLY plays CC, and I've finally gotten him to fight a human (me...), instead of the AI, but only on my home LAN.

Very frustrating...

I went so far as to change my port forwarding settings for my router to those recommended in another post (47624 to 47624, and 2300 to 2400), but to no avail. My opponent still sees only the LAN IP address not the real external address, and cannot connect. I've turned my Windows XP firewall completely off to no avail, then turned it back on with an exception for both GameSpy and for CC5.

Anyway nothing is working.

Ready to bypass both of our routers and play "naked" on the net.

Any "how-to's" out there?

Thanks in advance!!! Glad to see the CC community still exists! Mr. Green

#2:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:36 am
    —
try running in windows 98 compatibility....right click on cc5 icon/ properties/ run this program in.../ windows 98 ......game was made for windows 95/98

#3:  Author: JagdBoyLocation: The Left Coast PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:34 am
    —
Well, I give it a try after my buddy replaces his linksys router. Guess he downloaded the wrong firmware upgrade and wrecked his router. Spent several hours with linksys tech support to no avail. Embarassed

Amazing how hard it is to run this game via the internet.

Told him to buy Combat Mission and catch up with the "real world", but let's face it, CC is fun to play and has a great campaign mode!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1