20mm Sound Effect
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: 20mm Sound Effect Author: Miker1 PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:07 pm
    —
Hi - I'm building a true scale 222 armored car in Wisconsin and want to have the 20mm airsoft gun sound like the real thing when firing. I plan to just hook up an MP3 player with the 20mm sound effect looping and activate this only when the trigger is pulled. The trouble is that I don't have a 20mm sound. I know close combat sound mods have some nice ones. I'd like the repeating kind like in Saving Private Ryan and not a single shot.

If anyone can help send the file (MP3 format) to me at alexamirtc@@@bccnow.net (remove two of the @ signs) - Thanks.

#2:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:49 pm
    —
You just have to post images.... please Smile

#3:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:24 am
    —
and blue prints Wink

#4:  Author: Miker1 PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:32 am
    —
I will post everything when it is done. I already have the blueprints and am busy making the cardboard cutouts for the panels. I can't post the blueprints as they are not mine to share. All original work from another fellow who plans to offer his designs on the Net at some point. I'll notify all if I remember. Here is what I can share.

It will have the grenade screen on top when completed. The MG34 and 20MM will both spit airsoft pellets and I'll be able to use one or the other or both.

Now about that sound effect? Smile

#5:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 pm
    —
The CC5 mod Utah has some very good sound effects of many AA guns, including a 20mm. Install that mod and see if you like them.

#6:  Author: Miker1 PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:01 pm
    —
Actually, the 20mm sound in SAS3.5 works for me. But how to get that as an MP3 file. Say looped for 20-secs. Is there a sound utility so I can go into that sound effects file and scoop it? Or someone with the know how could still send it to me. I have a sound that I found but it is pretty lackluster and I'd switch in a second. Smile

#7:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:39 pm
    —
Most guys that build mods know how to extract them...... Stalky?

#8:  Author: Miker1 PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:06 am
    —
Nevermind. I used the utility SFXPack on these boards and got the WAV files. I should be all set. Thanks whoever wrote that software and to the guys that run this site.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1