Close Combat on the Iphone
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Close Combat on the Iphone Author: DarkDanLocation: Hawaii PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:41 pm
    —
Hey everybody,

I am a CC fanatic, like anyone else here, and I thought to myself one day, why can't I play CC on the iphone? For one the commands controls are relatively mouse centric and could easily all be converted to touch based controls such as those on the iphone.

How awesome would it be to be able to play CC anywhere you had cellular phone reception? The game is old enough that I figure it could easily fit onto an iphone to begin with. If there is anyone there with the know how to possible convert the game we might have a second renaissance!

I would love to see how feasible this is.

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 am
    —
once i ran ScummVm on a Sonyericson in order to play Monkey island 2 while sitting in the metro. Generally it is quite cool to have some old game running on your mobile like the mame32 emulator.

The thing is that apple is a shitty manufacturer. It wont allow you to install linux on the iphone easilly and then half of the stuff wont work. Iphone is the most useless thing ever thrown on the market. It makes people dependent from Apple store.

To fullfill your dream of playing CC where ever you are get a small laptop with wlan or GPRS and you are ready to play in the park. I doubt one stands any chance in H2H with the tiny iphone display.

#3:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:27 am
    —
Polemarchos wrote:
once i ran ScummVm on a Sonyericson in order to play Monkey island 2 while sitting in the metro. Generally it is quite cool to have some old game running on your mobile like the mame32 emulator.

Can you tell us a little more about this?

#4:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:07 am
    —
ScummVm:
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php you need ScummVM for Symbian

how to install ScummVm on SonyEricson P990i or any other P-series

copy game files (either 000. or 001 or .lec or .lfl) into c:\documents (on mobile) or d:\MSSEMC\P-Series\Documents\xxxxx (on SD card). install ScummVM symbian.
start ScummVM
add game and select folder and choose the correct verions of your game... done..

with ScummVM one can enjoy all that awesome Lucasarts Adventures: Indy 3+4/ Monkey 1+2/ Loom/ ManiacManson 1+2/ and dozens more like Broken Sword 1, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Beneath a Steel sky etc....(list of all supported games: http://www.scummvm.org/screenshots.php

hmm as i just saw the published an iphone version of ScummVm... so it is not that difficult to setup i suppose

Last edited by Polemarchos on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:06 pm
    —
btw. youtube is full of ScummVm games running on iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDYq4znl9E&feature=related

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1