The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mistakes
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC4 Kreta, Maleme-Chania sector

#1: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mistakes Author: Aetius PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:07 pm
    —
Hi,

Please post bugs or mistakes in this thread.

Thanks

Aetius

#2:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:47 pm
    —
I would hope that maybe some kind sole might be able to help you with the dreaded
"red circle" placement on the map preview screen.

Make stone walls provide atleast good or even better yet great cover.
It would make playability much better.
Is having the Pistol facing the opposite direction by choice?

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:49 pm
    —
Level 2 buildings in town maps like Chania and Galatas do not have Level Markers (numbers) on both interiors and roofs. At first I thought all the buildings were Level 1...but some of them are coded as Level 2.
Great looking maps, BTW!

#4:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:03 pm
    —
Not really bugs but just advice on things that might improve the looks.

1) Change the Next button on the Soldier screen to not show a white arrow.It just makes it look like that is an option when it isnt.

2) Cover up the tiny yellow dots on the zoomed out map.

On one battle I destroyed a Tank and as soon as I did the vehicle crew text showed up many many yards away.(Look by the Bridge)

Please dont take my graphic advice the wrong way.I can be very anal about things somethimes.

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.04 KB
 Viewed:  22689 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

UO0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.35 KB

UO0011.jpg

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  260.11 KB

UO0006.jpg

#5:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:44 am
    —
The Brownish/green areas around the Fortified Position VL on this same map are codded as Leaves and Snow.And so are other spots on the map with this same texture.

UO0014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  191.88 KB
 Viewed:  22675 Time(s)

UO0014.jpg

#6:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:29 pm
    —
Hey, I installed it, but when I choose a battle or campaign, the maps won't open.

I've tried re-installing the maps, but no luck.

#7:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:59 pm
    —
Crrection, it say's that it can't open the text of the map.

#8:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 pm
    —
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback, i'll check into the issues when i have some more spare time.

@flick:

-Did you unzip the maps in the correct CCIV maps (standard C:\Program Files\Close Combat IV\Maps) folder.

-Check if you didn't have the "subfolder" option on.

-Did you first unzip your maps before installing the mod?

Greetz

Aetius

#9:  Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:04 pm
    —
DL Kreta mod Very Happy but plugin has no install txt file Mad

#10:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:09 pm
    —
You do have to install the maps for any CCIV mod "Before" installing the plugin.
If you didnt thats why and it's ok.
Just use the CfgIV27 program to uninstall the mod,then reinstall and you will be ok.
Assuming you did put the maps in the right folder and they werent sub-foldered.

#11:  Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:23 pm
    —
Maps installed first and not in sub folder
still no different

#12:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:50 pm
    —
Where would I see it as sub-folded? As far as I can see it, I've done everything correctly.

I put the new maps into the main map folder, then I installed the plug in. But the maps won't load.

#13:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:48 pm
    —
You would see a folder inside your CCIV maps folder,thats all.
I got my version from Aetius's ftp site but I assume it;s the very same files you guys have.

Are both of you getting the same error message?
Or is it one of you has no install txt for the plugin and one of you cant view maps?

Maybe try deleting all the Kreta files and unzip them again.

#14:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:02 pm
    —
I'm re-installing everything.

#15:  Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:40 pm
    —
re-installed 5 times and 5 different error messages Confused
tried to manual install all worked ok but had olive trees in Bastogne
and a lot of Tommies in shorts running around in the snow Ha Ha

#16:  Author: flick PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:38 am
    —
Phew, managed to get it working.

#17:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:21 pm
    —
flick wrote:
Phew, managed to get it working.

What was the problem? Confused

#18:  Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 pm
    —
UCK IT
have install text now
but fails to copy cc4 exe

#19:  Author: DesertmouseLocation: south of London PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:50 pm
    —
given up Shocked Confused Evil or Very Mad

#20:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:11 pm
    —
Do a fresh instal of CC4, patch it, then manually over wright the files. Sometimes the Cfg program just doesnt work.

Close Combat Series -> CC4 Kreta, Maleme-Chania sector

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4