Kreta compatible with Wacht am Rhein?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC4 Kreta, Maleme-Chania sector

#1: Kreta compatible with Wacht am Rhein? Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm
    —
Just a little question: is Kreta Mod compatible with the CC4 re-release Wacht am Rhein? Or would it be possible to make it compatible?
There is the old version of cc4 integrated in WaR, but I dunno if it is compatible with the old modswitcher.
Any help or info is appreciated!

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:08 pm
    —
"Out of the box"...nope.
The CC4 Kreta Mod would have to be converted to CCWAR format (and not anytime soon without a nice modder friendly StratMap editing tool).
CCWAR is based on a modified CC5 Engine...and the original CC4 that's included with CCWAR is in fact a CCWAR mod (ie: CC4 conversion to CCWAR format).

#3:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 am
    —
I dont see anyone ever playing the original CCIV that was included in WAR.
The Best the original game could ever get now is some new modding information and even then I doubt that because as you mentioned it's a new CCV engine.
So I doubt those who can will ever spend the time to go back and look for the stuff we need,and then make a tool for it.

Oh well,

#4:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:01 pm
    —
So you mean it would be too difficult to port Kreta over to WaR?

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm
    —
Porting the data and graphics is doable. But porting the stratmap? Doable but very tedious without a new StratEdit tool.
BTW, I don't think there's too much advantage in porting Kreta to CCWAR...since the AI is already very good in Aetius' CC4 mod.

#6:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:12 pm
    —
Hi,

I haven't purchased WAR yet, so i don't know how it plays, but the only advantage i see in converting CC4 Crete to WAR would be the larger stratmap and more battlegroups, one could then expand the mod to cover the 3 sectors Maleme-Chania, Rhethytmon and Heraklion.
This mod only covers the Maleme-Chania sector.

But this will be "a bridge too far" for me, i don't have much spare time to put into modding anymore.

Aetius

#7:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
    —
Interestingly enough if you took the Classic version of CCIV and then WAR itself it would be possible to have one Massive mod.
Yes you could only play one GC at a time but if your mod was time/date sensitive
you could then include more maps,BG’s,Data etc etc etc

Ofcourse the amount of work would be overwhelming.

#8:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:46 am
    —
Hmm...modders struggle with 44 maps for full-blown CC5 mods as is.
So IMHO the best use for CCWAR's expanded features are for "joining" multiple projects...like say PJ's SDK and SOC...the 3 Normandy mods (Utah, Omaha, GJS)
Either that or expanding completed mods...like in the case of CC4 Kreta, Maleme-Chania sector by adding the rest of the Battle of Crete sectors like Aetius mentioned.

But to start from scratch a full-blown CCWAR mod with max maps and max BGs...huge work indeed!

Close Combat Series -> CC4 Kreta, Maleme-Chania sector

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1