CC5&new computer
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC5&new computer Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:16 pm
    —
Hi,
I just upgraded my computer and installed CC5 but when I try to run the game all I get is a black screen... :no1

All I upgraded is my motherboard and memory, I still run on win xp...it used to work fine on this computer before the upgrade....

Please, HELP!

Thanks...

#2:  Author: Vman PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:38 pm
    —
Hmm, I've only got one suggestion and I don't know if it'll work, but have you tried running the .exe with Win.95/98 compatibility?

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:25 pm
    —
Hold CTRL when launching the game...then disable videos vie the game options menu.
Also...do a forum search for "CCStarter" Utility.
Good luck!

#4:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:28 am
    —
Your'e the king! it worked!
but now, I have a new trouble...for some reason the game is in 'slow-mode'...what's up with that...?

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:10 am
    —
golani_2 wrote:
Your'e the king! it worked!
but now, I have a new trouble...for some reason the game is in 'slow-mode'...what's up with that...?

You need the CCStarter Utility to cure that.
Or you can manually disable directdraw when playing CC5.

#6:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 am
    —
Well, downloaded the utility and launched and it stayed the same...

#7:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 am
    —
Please help me, I'm hopeless....Sad

#8:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:49 am
    —
Disable directdraw and enable Win98 compatibility mode with the CCStarter Util (click the options boxes)...if that doesn't work...you're screwed Wink

#9:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:39 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Disable directdraw and enable Win98 compatibility mode with the CCStarter Util (click the options boxes)...if that doesn't work...you're screwed Wink

Now I get an error messege...

#10:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 pm
    —
Have you tried the guides?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=18

#11:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:44 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Have you tried the guides?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=18  

Well, yes, but all it says is to try and run it with a different windows compability and than I get the same error messege as now...

#12:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:18 pm
    —
Help...somebody...please...

#13:  Author: korinn PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:38 pm
    —
hmm, have anyone tried reinstalling directx 7 or whichever version that was on the CC V cd to fix the lag?

#14:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:34 pm
    —
The latest directx and latest video drivers works best.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1