Maps errors not fixed in the new WaR patch...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#41:  Author: Jace10 PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:35 pm
    —
Good stuff stalky, I admire your thoroughness and look forward to some solid error free maps...

#42:  Author: lemon42 PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 am
    —
Thanks for the work stalky and thanks for trying to explain it for guys like me Smile

#43:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:58 pm
    —
In my current GC I see so many map errors it's not even funny.
I originally started saving screen shots for proof but then figured why bother.
It practically takes an act of God to get the developers to admit something needs addressed outside of a major bug.
(I.E.One that prevents the game from being played)

Horrible small deployment zones for an Attacker.
(On maps when one is attacking for the 1st time all you really need is a Naval Barrage to Massivly cripple them.)Just place one maybe 2 expendable teams with LOS as close as possible to the deployment and look for the concentrated group of victims.

Hopefully this is something on the now list to do,geuss time will tell.

#44:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:46 am
    —
For those interested i'm half way done with new .ovm's that display all the Trees.
I just can't remember how to access my CCS ftp site to upload them.Sad

I also have full size jpegs of WAR maps with trees displayed on them about 36 of em done so far.

#45:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:02 am
    —
I'm interested...do upload them when you're done, PM.
You'll need to ask for an account and pass to access the FTP.

BTW, any update from the CCWAR team about the map coding glitches and progress on re-checking and fixing the coding?

#46:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:10 am
    —
yeh yeh... working on it... along with a lot of other stuff

#47:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:38 am
    —
[quote="squadleader_id"]I'm interested...do upload them when you're done, PM.

OK thats one. Smile
I'm not sure anyone is going to be interested as the file size of the new .ovm's are HUGE.
This is because im just using screen shots pasted over the original .tga then erasing any craters/VL's/wrecks/rubble.

Only if the original map maker used 5CC and had set up the Tree patch option and used that option to create a new layer would the file size be any smaller.
Trying to do that all over from scratch or placing each graphic by hand is out of the question for me to do.
It is nice however to see it ingame and have full size images of the maps with the trees on them,unlike how most full size picutres of maps only show the original .tga with no trees.

Probably by the time Mooxe gets home I should be done.Then I can once again ask him how to get to the main page of my ftp site to upload them. Embarassed

#48:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 pm
    —
Now this was very informative for a no technical dude as me Very Happy

Thx for this shared info.

Now I got question about the patches on the matrix games site (When I'm in my member account).
It says Private downloads firstly ???
Then when I look there are 2 available:
the 4.50.2 patch
and
4.50.07b update

Is the patch supported by matrix? Is the update still not completed (due to the b from beta)?

#49:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:16 pm
    —
I don't think anyone at the CCS forum can answer that.

#50:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:58 am
    —
[quote="platoon_michael"]
squadleader_id wrote:
I'm interested...do upload them when you're done, PM.

OK thats one. Smile

This is because im just using screen shots pasted over the original .tga then erasing any craters/VL's/wrecks/rubble.

Only if the original map maker used 5CC and had set up the Tree patch option and used that option to create a new layer would the file size be any smaller.
Trying to do that all over from scratch or placing each graphic by hand is out of the question for me to do.
It is nice however to see it ingame and have full size images of the maps with the trees on them,unlike how most full size picutres of maps only show the original .tga with no trees.
Embarassed

Something esle we've done wrong. damn! I feel the urge to string myself up and have someone flagulate me with limp rhubarb. instead I'll suggest there's an easier way to put out the trees on. I'd suggest you could do each map inside a minute. but with your recent whining I can't think of a single reason to help you.. uh hang on.... nope, not a single reason... enjoy!

#51:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 pm
    —
4.50.07b is the latest official supported patch.

#52:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:04 pm
    —
For anyone interested I have new .ovm's with all the Trees on them uploaded at my ftp site.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/WAR%20Files/

Many of the .ovm's look much better and aid in both deployment and movement when playing the game.Also dont forget to add Sapa's New Terrain elements and the game becomes a little better.
Thanks to Mafi for CC2Tools

Feel free to do whatever you want with them and please let me know if you run into any errors.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.25 KB
 Viewed:  9737 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#53:  Author: Lt_2nd PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:14 pm
    —
Nice Work

#54:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:07 pm
    —
Sorry,
I made a mistake on the Assenoiss file.It's corrected now.
Should anyone see anymore(I hope not) let me know it's an easy fix

#55:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:39 pm
    —
Nice work my friend Smile

/Mats

#56:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 am
    —
[/quote]I'd suggest you could do each map inside a minute. but with your recent whining I can't think of a single reason to help you.. uh hang on.... nope, not a single reason... enjoy![quote]

Well then maybe you can include it in the next patch for WAR for others.
Assuming there is a patch comming with the map errors fixed?

#57: Re: Maps errors not fixed in the new WaR patch... Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:44 pm
    —
Anyone care to tell us why were almost at 1 year from the original post and STILL NO patch for these errors?

I had a Zook team that couldnt shoot 5M the other night despite the Terrain being the same Eevation.
Wouldnt have saved the Battle but I definatly wouldnt have lost that VL.

#58: Re: Maps errors not fixed in the new WaR patch... Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:03 pm
    —
Zooks won't fire at 5m, it's too close and will kill the operator if fired closer

that's not an error and has nothing to do with LOS or terrain

#59: Re: Maps errors not fixed in the new WaR patch... Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 pm
    —
One can only imaging that the recent bug found with cohesion in tLD is just gonna push the date fo a WAR patch back even farther.
Crying or Very sad

#60: Re: Maps errors not fixed in the new WaR patch... Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:59 am
    —
Good that that bug isn't in WaR  Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 4