forces disappeared?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: forces disappeared? Author: shemoves PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:32 am
    —
i played campaign and chose Germany,then played to first day Second Round,i have 4 forces to disappeared,the start maps to captured by US.
i did not disband my force.what happened?this is bugs? Mad

#2:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:10 am
    —
Tell us what you did do, exactly.

#3:  Author: shemoves PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:51 am
    —
Crying or Very sad i had nothing to do just finished of first day and first Round

#4:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:17 pm
    —
Was the GC started before the patch or is it a new campaign on just the patched version?

Have you edited any data or applied any mods?

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:47 pm
    —
Did yo win maps , did you move BG's on to new maps?

#6:  Author: shemoves PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:39 am
    —
i promise no mods no edited. Was the GC started after put the 45007b patch.
during the first day and first round,the other maps to engage in combat except four US forces to crushed.

#7: Re: forces disappeared? Author: DizLoony PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 am
    —
I have the same issue in my grand campaign. My game was patched before I started it.
First I noticed it a few times, made me doubt...Maybe they did got damaged in battle.
But more units kept dissapearing, in many cases, supporting units like mortars, etc as well.

I play a custom campaign now, in that I name each unit deployed, so I know which teams are lost,
and instantly recognise my veterans. Going from turn 1 to turn 2, of the 8 battlegroups on my side,
I lost a total of almost 10 'veteran' named units of whom I know they where not destroyed
(most of not even hit as due their role they where kept in the rear).
So, trying to play a campaign(with surviving veteran units) becomes..well just impossible if they just vanish.

This tred continued going to round 3. I suffered no major loss in battle, some victories, some draws, nothing
to heavily damage my morale in any way to have my units..desert?

#8: Re: forces disappeared? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:40 pm
    —
The original post was about BG's.

For teams they are disbanded if a certain number of team members are killed, the exact % I don't remember now but it has been discussed in the forum before, with the remaining men being put into a replacement pool.

#9: Re: forces disappeared? Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The original post was about BG's. For teams they are disbanded if a certain number of team members are killed, the exact % I don't remember now but it has been discussed in the forum before, with the remaining men being put into a replacement pool.

Yup.

The percent is =&> 66.666% losses = kill.

Example:
3 men team, 1 man survives = kill
3 men team, 2 man survives = Live
5 men team, 2 men survives = kill
5 men team, 3 men survives = Live
etc

#10: Re: forces disappeared? Author: DizLoony PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:42 pm
    —

For teams they are disbanded if a certain number of team members are killed, the exact % I don't remember now but it has been discussed in the forum before, with the remaining men being put into a replacement pool.

I know that, I speak about teams that took no damage/casualties whatsoever.
This is an issue I never saw before in any previous CC game I played.

#11: Re: forces disappeared? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    —
just to be safe what version is your install of WAR patched to? The latest version is CC-WachtamRhein-Update-v45015b which you can download from the members area at Matrix....

#12: Re: forces disappeared? Author: DizLoony PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:19 pm
    —
Used the auto-updater: Still on V45014. Guess manual patching still works best.
I'll give it a try, praying it'll help solve the problem.

#13: Re: forces disappeared? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:48 am
    —
The matrix auto updater does not include beta patches.

Unfortunately the amount of time it takes Matrix to decide/make patches available is too long, in this case the public beta came out in March and there has been no discussion/news on when it will be final....

It does fix a problem which could be what you are seeing;

* Fixed a bug where the wrong battle group could be penalized witha a 1-2 team loss if the last battle of the turn ended in a force morale break.

#14: Re: forces disappeared? Author: DizLoony PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:06 am
    —

It does fix a problem which could be what you are seeing;

* Fixed a bug where the wrong battle group could be penalized witha a 1-2 team loss if the last battle of the turn ended in a force morale break.

Noticed that as well. Pretty sure that was the issue, no BG lost more then 2 (undamaged)teams that I could recall.
Thanks for the help. Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1