Planing a new mod - a lot of questions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Author: DarkScipio PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:15 am
    —
So I am planing to work on a new mod. I have done such things before, but for other games and I know it takes a long time.

But I have a lot of questions:
- I once had some modding workbooks, but I cant find them anymore (already googled and searched the forum).
- Is it possible to have different Infantry graphics for each side and for different battlegroups/squads/squadmembers
- Is it possible to make crew members that cant survive/exit?
- How many animations do I need per Infantry-sprite?
- I saw a helikopter somewhere, so flying vehicles/infantry are possible?
- Is it possible to have weapons display for example laserbeams?

#2:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:22 pm
    —
need any help doing the sound?

I'm an engineer and thought it might be intersting to help out doing the audio for a mod....(possibly!)

#3: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:53 pm
    —
I know this is several months old.. so Id have to asdk, "Are you still looking to make a mod?"

Quote:
- I once had some modding workbooks, but I cant find them anymore (already googled and searched the forum).

Guides for using tools did you look in DL section? There are alot of guides with them. If you are using any of Mafis tools, his website has comprehensive guides on how to use them.

Quote:

- Is it possible to have different Infantry graphics for each side and for different battlegroups/squads/squadmembers

The unit displays on both sides can be changed.

Quote:

- Is it possible to make crew members that cant survive/exit?

Not sure what you mean  by this!

Quote:
How many animations do I need per Infantry-sprite?

You can recolour exisiting animations with established tools. To actually redraw each sprtie by sprite I believe means hundreds of graphics. Even the most nit picky modder out there has opted to simply recolour. To my knowledge, which could be wrong, nobody has done it in a mod.

Quote:
- I saw a helikopter somewhere, so flying vehicles/infantry are possible?

For CC3 there are mods with this, of course for CC4 and 5 there are air strikes so you could replace all these graphics with a helicopter or whatever.

Quote:
- Is it possible to have weapons display for example laserbeams?

For the pictures of the weapon itself on set up screen and bottom on the screen in game? Yes, they can be changed to whatever you want.

PM me if you want to discuss further.

#4: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Author: DarkScipio PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 pm
    —
Thanks a lot.

I meant it is possible to do vehicles with crews that cant exit on destruction?

#5: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 am
    —
Command crews can be controlled after they bail out of a vehicle, all other crews are considered too shaken up to take further orders for the rest of the battle. So you just need to change/make the vehicle type to a command type....

The CC Excel workbook will show you the column you need to edit and what value to put in.

#6: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Author: DarkScipio PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Command crews can be controlled after they bail out of a vehicle, all other crews are considered too shaken up to take further orders for the rest of the battle. So you just need to change/make the vehicle type to a command type....

The CC Excel workbook will show you the column you need to edit and what value to put in.

Thanks, I knew that but my question is the other way around: Is it possible to do crew that can NOT exit/survive on destruction?

Three other questions:

- Possbile to do Close Combat squads, with wich the AI tries to bring into close combat?
- Possible to manipulate the chances to get soldiers going berserk?
- Possible to get a Close Combat weapon on vehicles?

#7: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:38 pm
    —
You can not make it so that a crew is automatically killed if/when there vehicle brews up, the game determines who gets out. At that they are not controllable if regular troops or are if command.

Close Combat squads should be possible. Give them very short range weapons thus they can not start firing from a distance and probably very high morale so that they can close on the enemy without breaking easily.

Not sure how the game determines how the game determines who goes berserk, but you can control experience and morale which would be part of the calculation.

Close combat weapon on a vehicle, can't think of why not. Tanks can already drive over soldiers now....

#8: Re: Planing a new mod - a lot of questions Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:23 pm
    —
In original CC II some German tanks were fitted with these close combat fragmentation weapons which they could fire from inside.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1