One more month to go...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: One more month to go... Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:49 pm
    —
I have been deployed since September 08, will be heading back first week or May. Its been a very long tour. I dont know how Americans cope with thier one year+ tours especially the soldiers who are not stationed in Landahar Airfield. I have lost friends over here and I have seen first hand what happens when an IED detonates with four people standing almost on top of it. Those two experiences and a pile of others wont be forgotten. I know that when we leave this country in a better situation than it once was that none of the sacrifices all the countries have endured wont of been in vain... The military sure makes life over here for a soldier as easy as possible. In the camp I am in now, almost in the center of Kandahar City we have wireless internet, a pool and a great eating mess with three meals a day seven days a week. The other camps are great to, no pools, but very relaxed when not on duty. Thankfully CCS hasnt crashed (fingers crossed) while I have been away. Admining the server has been very difficult from here ofcourse. I'd like to thank Zappi, Stalk and Polemarchos for keeping on top of the sites needs without me. Anyways, hopefully we can get this site refitted when I get home and hopefully have some more news from Atomic!

(02 March 09)

#2:  Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:21 pm
    —
¡Mood is short and to the back, take care!

Very Happy

#3:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:55 pm
    —
no problem mooxe. it was a pleasure. good to have you back soon!

#4:  Author: DarkScipio PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:05 am
    —
My deference for what you did there. I hope you are fine and back home soon.

#5:  Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:09 pm
    —
Good to hear that you´re ok!
Keep rocking!
Don´t drink too many Margaritas while laying on the pool.
Keep an eye on the bad guys.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1