Help...trying to run CC4 & CC5 on WinXP.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Help...trying to run CC4 & CC5 on WinXP. Author: pmrichie PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 pm
    —
I am COMPLETELY new to this. I just purchased CC4 and CC5 (used to play them years ago on windowsMe) but did not realize that there are issues with running them on XP. I have installed both but i get error messages when I try to run them.

error message with CC5 is "cc5.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" with appname: cc5.exe & appver: 2000.8.9.1

error message with CC4 is "close combat encountered an internal error at address 0x473A89 and will now exit. Game version: 1999.10.22.2

I am extremely grateful for ANY help that anyone can offer.

I am pretty limited in my computer knowledge so the simpler the info the better, Thanks.

pmrichie

#2: Re: Help...trying to run CC4 & CC5 on WinXP. Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:02 pm
    —
pmrichie wrote:
I am COMPLETELY new to this. I just purchased CC4 and CC5 (used to play them years ago on windowsMe) but did not realize that there are issues with running them on XP. I have installed both but i get error messages when I try to run them.

error message with CC5 is "cc5.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" with appname: cc5.exe & appver: 2000.8.9.1

error message with CC4 is "close combat encountered an internal error at address 0x473A89 and will now exit. Game version: 1999.10.22.2

I am extremely grateful for ANY help that anyone can offer.

I am pretty limited in my computer knowledge so the simpler the info the better, Thanks.

pmrichie

Try CC starter on this page: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=216

/Mats

#3:  Author: pmrichie PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:11 pm
    —
Thanks, that allowed me to start up CC4 but now when I try to start a battle I get the message ""can't access surface for lock"" and the program closes.

Any ideas?

also, any other ideas on how to start up CC5 ?? , the CCstarter didn't do the trick.

Thanks

#4:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:12 pm
    —
I suggest you purchase Close Combat Wacht am Rhein.

You get improved and expanded Cc4 with compatibility with modern PC's

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/363/store/Close.Combat.-.Wacht.am.Rhein.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1