Original Diary of a German officer in Stalingrad
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Original Diary of a German officer in Stalingrad Author: emmthreejonnyLocation: Philippines PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:44 pm
    —
I don't know if this has been shared but I find this very interesting and a bit sad to see through the little writings of a soldier concerning his personal experiences of the horrors of war. I don't know much information where or who this came from, only that it was written by a German officer named, Otto during the Stalingrad operations.

This link takes you there.
http://www.stalingrad-info.com/diary.htm

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:21 pm
    —
Nice find... I found these entries most interesting...

According to Regiment orders, the horses must be fed wood chips and paper scraps.

A Russian captain accidentally wandered into the First Battalion, and we shot him because he fled. His papers reveal the attack plan for the 6th IL[?]. Antitank weapons are brought back into our regiment.

In the evening, an enemy raiding party robs a Romanian post, carries off heavy machine gun.

The end is drawing near.

#3:  Author: emmthreejonnyLocation: Philippines PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:59 am
    —
I hope there were more information as to what happened next after his last entry. I think the last entry says more about his fate?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1