Utah v2 is announced (once again)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

#21: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:39 pm
    —
Are you going to add some new weapon sounds and menu music Dima?.

#22: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 pm
    —
The unit pictures are nice in the menus, but their hard to make out in-game.

#23: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:37 am
    —
Hi Dima
Just wondering if you're still working on this? or has it taken a back seat for now

#24: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am
    —
Hi Buuface,

It will be there this year.

#25: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 pm
    —
Thanks for the reply!

Which game are you making it for?

#26: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm
    —
TLD

#27: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 pm
    —
Awwwwwwww...... Sad

#28: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:48 pm
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
TLD

YES!!!!  Very Happy

#29: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:10 pm
    —
Yes indeed,
Cause that means it will work on WAR.

Yea Baby!

#30: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:18 pm
    —
Hello Dima,
anything on Utah 2? Haven't heard anything about it since your post on the changes in the forcepool (a screenshot on a 17.SS BG too if I remember correctly too).
Would love to play this, I've always had something special for the Normandy battles  Laughing

#31: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 pm
    —
Gunsche wrote (View Post):
Hello Dima,
anything on Utah 2? Haven't heard anything about it since your post on the changes in the forcepool (a screenshot on a 17.SS BG too if I remember correctly too).
Would love to play this, I've always had something special for the Normandy battles  Laughing

Nikin and me are really busy with our real life and I kind of got bored with Normadny after BfC, so switched to Stalingrad...

but who knows Smile.

#32: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:24 pm
    —
A shame to hear, but hey, It's your freetime to decide what to do with.
However, as you said, I can hope  Wink

Out of curiosity, how far has Utah 2 come?
Any chance to glean at the data for the remade american and german paratroopers teams?  Laughing
Could be quite usefull to someone, nudge, nudge, wink, wink  Wink

#33: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 pm
    —

Out of curiosity, how far has Utah 2 come?
Any chance to glean at the data for the remade american and german paratroopers teams?  Laughing
Could be quite usefull to someone, nudge, nudge, wink, wink  Wink

there was a big difference between US Para teams in June and September, especially in terms of equipment, f.e. BAR was standartized by September while in Normandy it was not authorized but used by 82nd.

6.FJR had a different organization and equipment either. In Normandy the squad was based on 2 6men teams (IIRC): both with 1 leMG (which was anything from MG.13 to MG.42/FG.42) + 2 MP + 2 Kar. IIRC in Septmber they had 5 men teams (10men squads).

#34: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:13 pm
    —
Quote:
there was a big difference between US Para teams in June and September, especially in terms of equipment, f.e. BAR was standartized by September while in Normandy it was not authorized but used by 82nd.

Yupp, got it covered, even got in the panzerfäuste for the 82:nd. Am I right in that the 101st didn't jump with any BARs in Holland? I know the 82:nd developed a way to jump with BAR, but they didn't pass this technic on to the 101st?

Quote:
6.FJR had a different organization and equipment either. In Normandy the squad was based on 2 6men teams (IIRC): both with 1 leMG (which was anything from MG.13 to MG.42/FG.42) + 2 MP + 2 Kar. IIRC in Septmber they had 5 men teams (10men squads).

This I didn't have a clue about, need to do some more research on german squad organization  Wink

#35: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:49 am
    —
Quote:
Yupp, got it covered, even got in the panzerfäuste for the 82:nd. Am I right in that the 101st didn't jump with any BARs in Holland? I know the 82:nd developed a way to jump with BAR, but they didn't pass this technic on to the 101st?

IIRC in Normandy 82nd overran a stock of PzF near St.Mere-Eglise. Any account they jumped with PzF in Holland?
Doubt they jumped with BARs (as it was too heavy and cumbersome), most probably they were dropped in containers like M1919A4 and AFAIK both units used BARs during MG.

The standard squad for MG would have 12men with 1 M1919A4 + 2 M1C + 2 SMG (M3A1 was preffered over M1A1) + 7 M1R (2 of them with grenade launchers). BAR was unallocated weapon in weapon reserve so could be used in place of one of M1R. Some M1903A3 were used instead of M1R as well, mainly for rifle grenadiers or sharp shooters (a-la squad marksman rifle).
Also in August 1944 1 designated sniper (M1903A4) was authorized for each Para Platoon.

Quote:
This I didn't have a clue about, need to do some more research on german squad organization

you can check the german squad organizations in BfC Smile.
but basically:
Grenadiere - 9men (1 leMG + 1-2 SMG + 6-7 Kar (1 with SB)). Sniper rifles were very rare in squads as the production could never meant a demand for scopes, pretty same was for SMG thus 1-2 instead of 2 authorized.
PzGrenadiere: -
Typ43(gp) - 12men (2 leMG + 2 Pi + 1 SMG + 1 G41/K43 + 6 Kar (1 with SB)).
Typ43(mot) - 13men (2 leMG + 2Pi + 1 SMG + 1 G41/K43 + 7 Kar (1 with SB)).
Typ44(gp) - 10men (2 leMG + 1 SMG + 1 G41/K43 + 6 Kar (1 with SB)).
FJ - 10men (2 leMG + 2 SMG + 6 Kar (1 with SB)). FG.42 was in short supply and could be used either instead of Kar or leMG.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask as like someone has told "The information not shared is lost" Smile.

#36: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 am
    —
Can't quote any sources atm, but remember reading that the 82:nd ABs' stock of fausts were mostly used up in the OMG campaign and later restocked from ammunition dumps in Nijmegen.
It can't be that hard to stuff in a faust or two in a drop container, right?

Besides, it's not like im giving every squad a faust. Only 4-6 squads/BG have one.

Quote:
The B.A.R. was an effective and devastating weapon and immediately after WW2, the 82nd and 11th Airborne Divisions incorporated them into their TO&Es and devised a method of jumping with them fully-assembled, and strapped alongside the parachutist's leg, muzzle down.

from http://www.101airborneww2.com/warstoriesintro.html

I guess thats where I got combat jumps with BAR from, so never mind  Wink

I'll PM if I have more questions, which I will undoubtly have later  Wink

#37: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm
    —
Can't quote any sources atm, but remember reading that the 82:nd ABs' stock of fausts were mostly used up in the OMG campaign and later restocked from ammunition dumps in Nijmegen.
It can't be that hard to stuff in a faust or two in a drop container?

yes, should not be a problem if they have they were available Smile

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2